Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I just don't trust DC with Superman anymore. Sorry. When the most creative thing they've done with him in the last few years was let a director of a small movie write an out of continuity story about him, it's not a good sign for the PTB. They had to bring back the previous, married, version just to get old fans back and even that didn't pull in enough numbers to matter. They need to let creative people DO THEIR JOBS. Instead we get half year storylines about taking his powers away or turning him into Doomsday or whatever. Nobody wants this. I still love Superman but I don't think I'll be buying the comics anymore unless it's a special event outside continuity or something. I supported the reboot but now, I don't know if I even care. We lost the JSA and the marriage for this?

So yeah, all of that sucks (Well Tomasi on Superman isn't terrible in theory, just not exciting). So much for my excitement for this relaunch.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-02-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    DC Comics Rebirth: The Big Idea… Is A Secret From Batman V Superman Kept From Creators And Editors: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...s-and-editors/
    They took down the article in the link. But what dose this mean?

DC Comics Rebirth: Trinity Comic To Return, Starring Batman, Superman And Wonder Woman: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...-wonder-woman/
    Great choice! I wonder about the quality and content if it's bi-weekly thing. I'm hoping, after the obligatory film parallels, we get a really creative book that uses the considerable tools at it's disposal. And I think we might get a good creator on this one seeing as King might be doing a bi-weekly(?) Bat book, so it's not like they're not willing to put some talent on these things (if it's true).

I just hope we don't get Injustice-style micro installments. But they never said digital first so I'm hopeful on that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I just don't trust DC with Superman anymore. Sorry. When the most creative thing they've done with him in the last few years was let a director of a small movie write an out of continuity story about him, it's not a good sign for the PTB. They had to bring back the previous, married, version just to get old fans back and even that didn't pull in enough numbers to matter. They need to let creative people DO THEIR JOBS. Instead we get half year storylines about taking his powers away or turning him into Doomsday or whatever. Nobody wants this. I still love Superman but I don't think I'll be buying the comics anymore unless it's a special event outside continuity or something. I supported the reboot but now, I don't know if I even care. We lost the JSA and the marriage for this?
    if only stories was good and things worked to make up the loss of pre-new 52

Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but if the Bleeding Cool rumors are true, that DC is cancelling both Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman to replace it with a Trinity title, then there really shouldn't be any lingering doubt that Superman and Wonder Woman will no longer a couple after Rebirth. In the first place, both Clark and Diana have split the current Superman and Justice League storylines; Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #2 was all about the rise and gradual decline of their romantic relationship. Stand to reason the two of them being "just friends" is going to carry over regardless of what Rebirth turns out to be.

Second, if you're going to have a comic book series featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman together, you'd have a "two's company, three's a crowd" situation if Superman and Wonder Wonder were still an item with Batman was tagging along for the ride. It seem evident that with a Trinity title that DC--along with attempting to capitalize on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice--wants Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman to be seen on equal footing, that all three are teaming up in one title, they still are independent heroes in their own right. If Superman and Wonder Woman were still a couple while fighting alongside Batman, this wouldn't be possible because then it shows "favoritism" towards two heroes and thus creating an imbalance. Which also means DC must figure this isn't possible if there's one comic which shows Superman and Batman as allies, and another comic shows Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. Though I wouldn't it past DC to have a romantic triangle between the Trinity. After all, there's rumors that Batman v Superman is having Bruce flirting with each other over the course of the film.

Also, let's not forget why the Superman/Wonder Woman title was created to begin with: it was to promote DC's new "power couple" of Superman and Wonder Woman in Justice League. If Superman and Wonder Woman are no longer a couple then what purpose is there for Superman/Wonder Woman to even exist? Sure, they could still have a Superman and Wonder Woman title showing them in a platonic relationship, as it is possible for two people of the opposite sex to be "just friends." But again, the Superman/Wonder Woman comic was created exclusively for their romance, and DC probably figures there's no point continuing it after Rebirth if Superman and Wonder Woman are no longer a couple anymore. Better to have Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman together in one title instead of two separate titles.

And finally, let's not forget there's a Wonder Woman movie on the horizon. If DC and Warner Borthers are serious about making Wonder Woman a viable IP again, they probably figure that having her continue to be so closely tied to Superman as they have over the course of the New 52 and in their recent Direct-to-DVD animated movies is probably not the way to go.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Perhaps I'm reading too much into this, but if the Bleeding Cool rumors are true, that DC is cancelling both Batman/Superman and Superman/Wonder Woman to replace it with a Trinity title, then there really shouldn't be any lingering doubt that Superman and Wonder Woman will no longer a couple after Rebirth. In the first place, both Clark and Diana have split the current Superman and Justice League storylines; Superman/Wonder Woman Annual #2 was all about the rise and gradual decline of their romantic relationship. Stand to reason the two of them being "just friends" is going to carry over regardless of what Rebirth turns out to be.

Second, if you're going to have a comic book series featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman together, you'd have a "two's company, three's a crowd" situation if Superman and Wonder Wonder were still an item with Batman was tagging along for the ride. It seem evident that with a Trinity title that DC--along with attempting to capitalize on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice--wants Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman to be seen on equal footing, that all three are teaming up in one title, they still are independent heroes in their own right. If Superman and Wonder Woman were still a couple while fighting alongside Batman, this wouldn't be possible because then it shows "favoritism" towards two heroes and thus creating an imbalance. Which also means DC must figure this isn't possible if there's one comic which shows Superman and Batman as allies, and another comic shows Superman and Wonder Woman as a couple. Though I wouldn't it past DC to have a romantic triangle between the Trinity. After all, there's rumors that Batman v Superman is having Bruce flirting with each other over the course of the film.

Also, let's not forget why the Superman/Wonder Woman title was created to begin with: it was to promote DC's new "power couple" of Superman and Wonder Woman in Justice League. If Superman and Wonder Woman are no longer a couple then what purpose is there for Superman/Wonder Woman to even exist? Sure, they could still have a Superman and Wonder Woman title showing them in a platonic relationship, as it is possible for two people of the opposite sex to be "just friends." But again, the Superman/Wonder Woman comic was created exclusively for their romance, and DC probably figures there's no point continuing it after Rebirth if Superman and Wonder Woman are no longer a couple anymore. Better to have Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman together in one title instead of two separate titles.

And finally, let's not forget there's a Wonder Woman movie on the horizon. If DC and Warner Borthers are serious about making Wonder Woman a viable IP again, they probably figure that having her continue to be so closely tied to Superman as they have over the course of the New 52 and in their recent Direct-to-DVD animated movies is probably not the way to go.
    equal footing? batman? the oh so great batmoneymaker is never a equal footing, after all he is the guy that can overcome any situation with "preparation" (sorry for my bitterness towards the char)

Yeah, the writing's on the wall; its done. Pretty crappy of them to hamstring fans of the book along the past month with stories really leaning in the direction of a reconciliation and moving forward, but that won't be happening now if the title's canceled. Only hope as I see it at this point is if we get a title based on that "Super League" concept Tomasi's going to be writing about here soon, and WW happens to be on that. Other than that, no chance, because a Trinity book will no doubt just be Batman and Friends.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    They took down the article in the link. But what dose this mean?
    I don't know...

Here's the original text:

"You can’t trust anyone these days. Certainly DC Comics publishers can’t trust their editors and creators to keep a secret.

And it seems they were right on the money.

I have been informed of a recent meeting at DC Comics between the publishers and editors, in which they were told that one of the beg ideas behind the upcoming “Rebirth” relaunch of the DC Comics universe will depend on something upcoming in the Batman V Superman movie.

But it’s a secret.

And too secret for the editors and creators to know – at least right now.

You know, the ones actually working on the Rebirth comics.

So it seems that DC Comics big media is driving the comics more than some would like to admit.

And that this is one hell of a way to run a publisher.

Say, you don’t suppose that Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, the film set to establish a movie version of the Justice League – could also be establishing a movie version of the previously-mentioned Justice Society Of America in the nineteen forties? Something that Wonder Woman could also appear in?

Okay, now that bit is just speculation…."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yeah, the writing's on the wall; its done. Pretty crappy of them to hamstring fans of the book along the past month with stories really leaning in the direction of a reconciliation and moving forward, but that won't be happening now if the title's canceled. Only hope as I see it at this point is if we get a title based on that "Super League" concept Tomasi's going to be writing about here soon, and WW happens to be on that. Other than that, no chance, because a Trinity book will no doubt just be Batman and Friends.
    Unfortunately, the truth...

This, if any merit is to be had to it (which is a big question mark at this point considering the article was taken down), would suggest more of a synchronization between movies and comics than BC previously reported. Which would just be another piece of awful news. So here's hoping this one is wrong and the earlier article was right.

But I'm getting rather tired "hoping" for things. If I keep having to hope against their own directions, maybe this just isn't for me anymore. Which would be a bummer.

Maybe Pak will write the Trinity book. Maybe.

BANNED

Maybe Pak will write the Trinity book. Maybe.
    oh god no. scrap that

Pak would write fun, team-oriented tales that put Superman and Wonder Woman on a level playing field with Batman. So that won't happen. It'll be a writer given the edict to make the relationships as tense as possible, with lots of bickering, with Batman leading the show.

this is how trinity will work

superwonder robin.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    oh god no. scrap that
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Pak would give equal merit to Superman and Wonder Woman. So that won't happen. It'll be a Bat writer.
    Too much pessimism today, huh?