Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Lightbulb Pitch a NEW comic/direction

Post your ideas for a new DC comic or for a new direction for an existing DC title

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I had an idea for a while for a whole new project.
    Injustice has been popular for a while and an Arkham related ongoing is probably inevitable so I came up with an idea. Create a new earth and call it the Arkhamverse, kinda like Marvel's ultimate line. You could wprk back pieces of old continuity while not messing with the New 52. It doesn't have to tie in completely tp the games but I think it could be good
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

SENSATION COMICS featuring Wonder Girl and the Legacies

legacies.jpg

The comic would star a trio of heroines and friends:
    Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) - daughter of Lennox and aspiring superheroine.
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - the new Batgirl, would be encouraged to join the "team" by her mentor Barbara Gordon (now Oracle) so she could interact with people her own age.
    Natasha Irons - Steel's niece, she's a teen girl from Metropolis. She would have access to her uncle's tech and would later adopt the "Sentinel" codename.

Possible creative team: Bryan Miller and Pete Woods

I came up with this idea as I was thinking of what a more modern version of the Supergirl/Batgirl/WG trinity would be like. I think these characters are different enough that the dynamics could be really interesting and fresh.
    Last edited by Factor; 06-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

legacies.jpg

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - the new Batgirl, would be encouraged to join the "team" by her mentor Barbara Gordon (now Oracle) so she could interact with people her own age.
    Natasha Irons - Steel's niece, she's a teen girl from Metropolis. She would have access to her uncle's tech and would later adopt the "Sentinel" codename.

Possible creative team: Bryan Miller and Pete Woods

I came up with this idea as I was thinking of what a more modern version of the Supergirl/Batgirl/WG trinity would be like. I think these characters are different enough that the dynamics could be really interesting and fresh.
    Holy crow I want this book RIGHT NOW!! Excellent! I've missed having Natasha Irons in costume and this is an excellent use and name for her!

This is an idea I had posted in one of the threads for Grayson..I had an idea fairly similar to what they are appearing to be going to do with Grayson. My original idea was based on DC's trademark for the title Ghosts which would have been the title of the series. It would star Zinda Blake, Helena Bertinelli as field agents. In my original idea they would be after Ted Kord (and adult scientist Ted Kord) who had been kidnapped. After all the hoopla of the story and saving the day, Zinda and Helena would have welcomed Ted to the team. When he asked who they were, Helena would have looked at him and said "Who are we? We are Ghosts, Mr. Kord." Ghosts being a super secret spy team that would have also included Ralph and Sue Dibny and another character I can't remember right now.
    When I heard about the possibility of Dick Grayson dying, I thought he would have been the perfect addition to my team and replaced Kord with him. So my field team would have been Dick Grayson, Zinda Blake and Helena Bertinelli. Not too far off from what they are doing, oddly enough. But I still think the Ghosts title would be an awesome one for a hero/spy book!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

THE IRREPLACEABLE AIR-WAVE

Follows the adventures of an all new Air-Wave who takes the helmet from the former Air-Wave (an alcoholic found dead in an alleyway). It would involve alien invasions, undead Nazis, auditions for the Justice League, high school angst, and drug addled former supervillians who can see us out there reading.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Holy crow I want this book RIGHT NOW!! Excellent! I've missed having Natasha Irons in costume and this is an excellent use and name for her!

This is an idea I had posted in one of the threads for Grayson..I had an idea fairly similar to what they are appearing to be going to do with Grayson. My original idea was based on DC's trademark for the title Ghosts which would have been the title of the series. It would star Zinda Blake, Helena Bertinelli as field agents. In my original idea they would be after Ted Kord (and adult scientist Ted Kord) who had been kidnapped. After all the hoopla of the story and saving the day, Zinda and Helena would have welcomed Ted to the team. When he asked who they were, Helena would have looked at him and said "Who are we? We are Ghosts, Mr. Kord." Ghosts being a super secret spy team that would have also included Ralph and Sue Dibny and another character I can't remember right now.
    When I heard about the possibility of Dick Grayson dying, I thought he would have been the perfect addition to my team and replaced Kord with him. So my field team would have been Dick Grayson, Zinda Blake and Helena Bertinelli. Not too far off from what they are doing, oddly enough. But I still think the Ghosts title would be an awesome one for a hero/spy book!
    Thanks! I thought it would be a good name because it references her armor and power and also happens to start with an S.
    Really like your idea as well. I'd love if Zinda made an appearance in Grayson.

Astonishing Member

The Superbuddies (or JLI) -- A group of competent (but inexperienced) heroes (Booster, Beetle, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner) accidentally thwart an Invasion from Apokolips and become world sensations overnight. The UN gives them a charter (thanks to Max Lord) and expects them to save the world just like the Justice League does. Only the Martian Manhunter (and Batman) know that they aren't as good as the world thinks they are and he basically trains them while keeping them out of trouble and helping to save the world. Kind of the opposite take on JLI before, where the world thought they were buffoons but they always got the job done. This time the world thinks they're great but they're somewhat frauds. Wacky hijinks ensue as the JLI saves the world in their own unique way time and time again.

The Bronze Tiger -- One of the League of Assassin's most deadly assassins has just woken up from his mind control. Horrified by what he's done, he's out to take down the group who made him do all of these horrific crimes, while also ducking all of the superheroes who are coming after him.

Furies -- Big Barda, Knockout (and maybe a couple of new female furies) have escaped to Earth from Apokolips, but Granny Goodness, and the gang are after them. They are forced to team up to survive while occasionally taking down villains who get in their way.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    Ooh, I'd love to see Natasha Irons and Cassandra Cain back again.

Mixing in other teen heroines, like the Young Justice cartoon versions of Artemis, Miss Martian, Tula and / or Bumblebee, or the preNu52 version of Ravager, could make for a fun all teen girl team.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Justice League International
    A new volume with a team line-up of Vixen, Captain Atom, Firehawk, Bulleteer, Plastic Man, Kimiyo Hoshi-Light, Red Tornado and Mr. Scarlet.
    Blue and Gold
    WildCATS
    Love all three of these ideas. Great lineup for the JLI. I'm a huge fan of everyone here but Mr. Scarlet (who I don't even recognize...).

Great that Goldstar and both Blue Beetles are present for the Blue and Gold.

WildCATs had some great characters. I'd love to see Zealot and the Coda explored, and the return of interesting characters like Spartan (pre-crazy upgrades!) and Maxine Manchester.
    Last edited by Sutekh; 06-18-2014 at 09:00 AM.

Impulse
    The Pre-52 Wally West arrives in the nu52 with all his memories intact. Memories of a wife and kids. Recruiting old friends and new allies, Wally tries to restore the old DCU to be with his family again. He'd basically be the guy in this new universe that could fix some of the sh*tty things they've introduced. Also, some heroes wouldn't take too kindly to anyone trying to mess with time even for the noblest of reason, so he'd be considered a villain to some. Will he succeed? Or will this new universe be too much for him to take on?

BANNED

On a semi-related note, what if DC only published a few series, but did them all weekly or bi-weekly?

1. Superman
    2. Superman Family (Superboy, Supergirl, etc.)
    3. Batman
    4. Batman Family (jumps around between Grayson, Robin, Red Hood, etc.)
    5. Justice League
    6. Green Lantern (Corps)
    7. Earth 2
    8. DC Dark (Constantine and the other magical characters)
    9. Teen Titans/Suicide Squad (alternate weeks)
    10. Wonder Woman/Aquaman (alternate weeks)
    11. Flash/Shazam! (alternate weeks)
    12. Green Arrow/Hawkman (alternate weeks)
    13. DC Comics Presents (rotates between different features for a few issues, like Jonah Hex et al)

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    On a semi-related note, what if DC only published a few series, but did them all weekly or bi-weekly?

1. Superman
    2. Superman Family (Superboy, Supergirl, etc.)
    3. Batman
    4. Batman Family (jumps around between Grayson, Robin, Red Hood, etc.)
    5. Justice League
    6. Green Lantern (Corps)
    7. Earth 2
    8. DC Dark (Constantine and the other magical characters)
    9. Teen Titans/Suicide Squad (alternate weeks)
    10. Wonder Woman/Aquaman (alternate weeks)
    11. Flash/Shazam! (alternate weeks)
    12. Green Arrow/Hawkman (alternate weeks)
    13. DC Comics Presents (rotates between different features for a few issues, like Jonah Hex et al)

GREAT IDEA

this would allow DC to use only the strongest creative teams, giving artists extra time to do sensational work.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Yes please with sugar on top. Writer: Warren Ellis, Artist: Phil Jimenez
    Thanks, and yeah I would agree with that creative team

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Love all three of these ideas. Great lineup for the JLI. I'm a huge fan of everyone here but Mr. Scarlet (who I don't even recognize...).

Great that Goldstar and both Blue Beetles are present for the Blue and Gold.

WildCATs had some great characters. I'd love to see Zealot and the Coda explored, and the return of interesting characters like Spartan (pre-crazy upgrades!) and Maxine Manchester.
    Thanks Mr. Scarlet is a Fawcet character who I had thoughts on how to reinvent. I added him to provide a kind of Batman-like figure without being Batman. He would have no connection to the Bat family beyond simply being a costumed normal capable of some extraordinary feats. For such a book, I would kind of have a rotating cast member as the team adds someone for a story arc. So, August General in Iron for one, another having a Rocket Red, another having Godiva and so on.

The Blue and Gold one I mentioned I would really love to see. Could have a real nice dynamic with it.

Both Maxine and Spartan funnily enough made an appearance in Team 7 by the end but the stuff was left unresolved. I would love to see the whole cast though if done with a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by BaneofKings View Post
    On creative switches, I'd take Nocenti off Catwoman and put someone like Lemire on it.
    I would agree with this and with World's Finest perhaps needing a creative switch. For Catwoman, I wouldn't mind if they decide to continue the arc as seen in Eternal with Catwoman changing from being a thief to being a crime lord. Might be an interesting change for her and seeing her cope in that environment. A crime boss operating to bring her brand of order to the Gotham criminal world where she and her minions butt heads with other crime heads like Black Mask and Penguin whilst trying to maintain her own territory. Plus, she could moonlight as being a thief at some points.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    For Catwoman, I wouldn't mind if they decide to continue the arc as seen in Eternal with Catwoman changing from being a thief to being a crime lord. Might be an interesting change for her and seeing her cope in that environment. A crime boss operating to bring her brand of order to the Gotham criminal world where she and her minions butt heads with other crime heads like Black Mask and Penguin whilst trying to maintain her own territory. Plus, she could moonlight as being a thief at some points.
    Sounds good, but let's pair Catwoman up with the Tin Man (a character who procreates by shaking hands) - with henchmen the Strahl-man and the Lyin' as well as her personal servants Leo, Stanley and Tiger Wood.

So, I've got a few ideas...

DC Adventures: Shazam! - Kid's series set on Earth 5, where Captain Marvel takes on the role of the World's Greatest Hero fulfilled by Superman on Earth 1. Unhindered by angst and edginess, Captain Marvel just has fun, kid-friendly adventures.

Red Hood and the Outlaws - Add Grifter and Zealot. Fight Daemonites. Explosions and One-Liners ensue. Hell yes.

Superman in Action Comics - Superman can do anything and go anywhere. Don't be afraid to let him. He can team-up with the heroes of nine worlds to prevent Azathoth from waking up and unmaking reality. The Lane, Kent, and Olsen team can research an exposé on Suicide Slum gang violence. Boss Donelli's protection rackets? Criminals escape from jail, plan to steal trains? Stock market scandal? Mysterious terrorist "the Yellow Mask" steals a de-atomizer ray? Ultra Humanite planning to topple third world countries and take over? Team up with Captain Marvel of Earth 5? No problem. My point is there is no job too big and no job too small to be a Job for Superman. Keep 'em to two-parters for the most part, don't decompress the comics too much.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Superman in Action Comics - Superman can do anything and go anywhere. Don't be afraid to let him. He can team-up with the heroes of nine worlds to prevent Azathoth from waking up and unmaking reality. The Lane, Kent, and Olsen team can research an exposé on Suicide Slum gang violence. Boss Donelli's protection rackets? Criminals escape from jail, plan to steal trains? Stock market scandal? Mysterious terrorist "the Yellow Mask" steals a de-atomizer ray? Ultra Humanite planning to topple third world countries and take over? Team up with Captain Marvel of Earth 5? No problem. My point is there is no job too big and no job too small to be a Job for Superman. Keep 'em to two-parters for the most part, don't decompress the comics too much.
    I'm down.

Especially with making them two parters. I absolutely HATE how I have to buy SUPERMAN/WONDER WOMAN to get a story I'm following in ACTION COMICS. Stuff like that really pisses me off.