Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Pitch a NEW comic/direction

Post your ideas for a new DC comic or for a new direction for an existing DC title

forging evil plans victorxd1999's Avatar

I had an idea for a while for a whole new project.
    Injustice has been popular for a while and an Arkham related ongoing is probably inevitable so I came up with an idea. Create a new earth and call it the Arkhamverse, kinda like Marvel's ultimate line. You could wprk back pieces of old continuity while not messing with the New 52. It doesn't have to tie in completely tp the games but I think it could be good
    "You don't ever quit. Not even to your last drop of blood. You got folks relyin' on you then you just can't afford to." Sean Noonan-Hitman #47

SENSATION COMICS featuring Wonder Girl and the Legacies

legacies.jpg

The comic would star a trio of heroines and friends:
    Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) - daughter of Lennox and aspiring superheroine.
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - the new Batgirl, would be encouraged to join the "team" by her mentor Barbara Gordon (now Oracle) so she could interact with people her own age.
    Natasha Irons - Steel's niece, she's a teen girl from Metropolis. She would have access to her uncle's tech and would later adopt the "Sentinel" codename.

Possible creative team: Bryan Miller and Pete Woods

I came up with this idea as I was thinking of what a more modern version of the Supergirl/Batgirl/WG trinity would be like. I think these characters are different enough that the dynamics could be really interesting and fresh.
    Last edited by Factor; 06-17-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Justice League International
    A new volume with a team line-up of Vixen, Captain Atom, Firehawk, Bulleteer, Plastic Man, Kimiyo Hoshi-Light, Red Tornado and Mr. Scarlet. After Forever's Evil, the UN decides to reopen the funding for their own Justice League with Checkmate operating in the shadows. Story will be about the teams adventures as they meet heroes around the world and having adventures with them. During this exploration of the world, there will be encounters with villains such as Pozhar, Manchester Black, Doctor Impossible and Prometheus to name a few as the book tries to go for a Justice League Unlimited look at showcasing this massive world of heroes in DC comics.

Blue and Gold
    Booster Gold has dire warnings of the future and seeks to prevent a coming disaster without drastically damaging the timeline. In this time, he meets Ted Kord and the two strike a friendship with Michelle Carter aka Goldstar and Jamie Reyes Blue Beetle working with the pair. So, it will have alien adventures and time travel ones with the four. Also, intrigue as the four face the machinations of Jarvis Kord who is Ted's uncle as he seeks to usurp Kord Incorporated from him and out in space the Reach are seeking to prepare Earth for conquest.

WildCATS
    This book would only be created following a large story cross over that starts with the Daemonites and ends with the Kherubim approaching Earth. In the aftermath, a member of the ruling Pantheon by the name of Lord Emp decides to keep himself and his supporters on Earth where he forms the Halo Corporation with the WildCATS being his team. They will be a band of Kherubim or half alien hybrids that are viewed with suspicion by humanity after the Daemonite and Kheran events. It will basically be a world building book with seeing how this... 'team' operates in a world. Also, will have a back-up feature with Mr. Majestic off in space having cosmic adventures. It would also have some world building of the Kherubim whenever Majestros goes back to Khera.

Not sure who I would pick to pen these series though....
    Last edited by Nix Uotan; 06-17-2014 at 01:47 PM.

BANNED

"Wildstorm" - much as "Earth 2" follows the adventures of the various costumed characters on that world, "Wildstorm" would follow the adventures of all of the Wildstorm characters. While this would take place on the main DC Earth, the events depicted in this series would generally only be those featuring the Wildstorm characters, who would team up and meet each other in various ways.

This would focus all of the interest in these characters into a single series, which could possible be enough to keep it afloat.

Incredible Member

I guess I have an idea for a new director for the entire brand, but in a way it would have only worked as the ending to FINAL CRISIS.

Tom Scioli did an article on a He-Man comic and in it he mentioned that he felt that Morrison missed an opportunity in that after he killed Batman he didn't have Batman ascend to the NEW GODS. I kinda like that idea, and feel that after they killed all the NEW GODS they should have at the main hero's become the New GODS, and then have their youngers replace them. In truth it would have only been the illusion of change. Dick would have become Batman for good, etc. A chance to actually have a new line up of hero's, even though many of them would be the same hero anyway, Just younger peeps under the mask.

If need be have a NEW GODS comic where the old hero's fight cosmic battles. I don't know, something like that.

BANNED

A return to the team book aspect of the first two volumes of GL: New Guardians.

Red: Razer, brought from GLTAS
    Orange: A recently re corporialized Glomulus
    Yellow: Either Arkillo, because I liked the character arc he was going through with Saint Walker, or Slushh because he's my favorite minor Yellow Lantern.
    Green: Aya, also from TAS
    Blue: Saint Walker
    Indigo: Junk
    Violet: either Carol or Fatality
    *plus Kyle as the leader. He'd wear a black and white costume like the one he manifested in NG #1 and use all seven colors, but he could go White if everyone channeled their rings into him Captain Planet style.

They would still handle the whackier side of DC cosmic like the current book (in fact I still would use the same creative team. Arcs would include deposing Larfleeze as head of the Orange Lanterns, and other stories that would focus on smaller team-ups. Think the early JL animated episodes.

Lastly I would bring back two veteran New Guardians villains, the Hemogoblin (whose name is too good to pass up but I'd remove the HIV powers) and Snowflame the super-powered druglord from South America who is fueled by cocaine.

A return to the past . . . DC revives the heroes of the Golden Age in the 1940s in a book that can only be called . . . All-Star Squadron.

Doom Patrol: A dark comedy series that deals with the oddities of the DC Universe. A mixture of Twin Peaks and the X-Files as the Chief sends his team to deal with reports of Scissormen and the urban legends of the dreaded Animal-Vegetable-Mineral Man. The team will slowly unravel the mystery of the Brotherhood of Evil who would often be tied to these strange occurrences.
    I would love China Miéville on this title.
    Frazer Irving or Frank Quitely would be great for the art.
    Last edited by doctormistermaster; 06-17-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    “Nothing is harder to understand than a symbolic work. A symbol always transcends the one who makes use of it and makes him say in reality more than he is aware of expressing.”
    ― Albert Camus

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    SENSATION COMICS featuring Wonder Girl and the Legacies

legacies.jpg

The comic would star a trio of heroines and friends:
    Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark) - daughter of Lennox and aspiring superheroine.
    Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) - the new Batgirl, would be encouraged to join the "team" by her mentor Barbara Gordon (now Oracle) so she could interact with people her own age.
    Natasha Irons - Steel's niece, she's a teen girl from Metropolis. She would have access to her uncle's tech and would later adopt the "Sentinel" codename.

Possible creative team: Bryan Miller and Pete Woods

I came up with this idea as I was thinking of what a more modern version of the Supergirl/Batgirl/WG trinity would be like. I think these characters are different enough that the dynamics could be really interesting and fresh.
    Holy crow I want this book RIGHT NOW!! Excellent! I've missed having Natasha Irons in costume and this is an excellent use and name for her!

This is an idea I had posted in one of the threads for Grayson..I had an idea fairly similar to what they are appearing to be going to do with Grayson. My original idea was based on DC's trademark for the title Ghosts which would have been the title of the series. It would star Zinda Blake, Helena Bertinelli as field agents. In my original idea they would be after Ted Kord (and adult scientist Ted Kord) who had been kidnapped. After all the hoopla of the story and saving the day, Zinda and Helena would have welcomed Ted to the team. When he asked who they were, Helena would have looked at him and said "Who are we? We are Ghosts, Mr. Kord." Ghosts being a super secret spy team that would have also included Ralph and Sue Dibny and another character I can't remember right now.
    When I heard about the possibility of Dick Grayson dying, I thought he would have been the perfect addition to my team and replaced Kord with him. So my field team would have been Dick Grayson, Zinda Blake and Helena Bertinelli. Not too far off from what they are doing, oddly enough. But I still think the Ghosts title would be an awesome one for a hero/spy book!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

THE IRREPLACEABLE AIR-WAVE

Follows the adventures of an all new Air-Wave who takes the helmet from the former Air-Wave (an alcoholic found dead in an alleyway). It would involve alien invasions, undead Nazis, auditions for the Justice League, high school angst, and drug addled former supervillians who can see us out there reading.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Holy crow I want this book RIGHT NOW!! Excellent! I've missed having Natasha Irons in costume and this is an excellent use and name for her!

This is an idea I had posted in one of the threads for Grayson..I had an idea fairly similar to what they are appearing to be going to do with Grayson. My original idea was based on DC's trademark for the title Ghosts which would have been the title of the series. It would star Zinda Blake, Helena Bertinelli as field agents. In my original idea they would be after Ted Kord (and adult scientist Ted Kord) who had been kidnapped. After all the hoopla of the story and saving the day, Zinda and Helena would have welcomed Ted to the team. When he asked who they were, Helena would have looked at him and said "Who are we? We are Ghosts, Mr. Kord." Ghosts being a super secret spy team that would have also included Ralph and Sue Dibny and another character I can't remember right now.
    When I heard about the possibility of Dick Grayson dying, I thought he would have been the perfect addition to my team and replaced Kord with him. So my field team would have been Dick Grayson, Zinda Blake and Helena Bertinelli. Not too far off from what they are doing, oddly enough. But I still think the Ghosts title would be an awesome one for a hero/spy book!
    Thanks! I thought it would be a good name because it references her armor and power and also happens to start with an S.
    Really like your idea as well. I'd love if Zinda made an appearance in Grayson.

Astonishing Member

The Superbuddies (or JLI) -- A group of competent (but inexperienced) heroes (Booster, Beetle, Fire, Ice, Guy Gardner) accidentally thwart an Invasion from Apokolips and become world sensations overnight. The UN gives them a charter (thanks to Max Lord) and expects them to save the world just like the Justice League does. Only the Martian Manhunter (and Batman) know that they aren't as good as the world thinks they are and he basically trains them while keeping them out of trouble and helping to save the world. Kind of the opposite take on JLI before, where the world thought they were buffoons but they always got the job done. This time the world thinks they're great but they're somewhat frauds. Wacky hijinks ensue as the JLI saves the world in their own unique way time and time again.

The Bronze Tiger -- One of the League of Assassin's most deadly assassins has just woken up from his mind control. Horrified by what he's done, he's out to take down the group who made him do all of these horrific crimes, while also ducking all of the superheroes who are coming after him.

Furies -- Big Barda, Knockout (and maybe a couple of new female furies) have escaped to Earth from Apokolips, but Granny Goodness, and the gang are after them. They are forced to team up to survive while occasionally taking down villains who get in their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nix Uotan View Post
    Justice League International
    A new volume with a team line-up of Vixen, Captain Atom, Firehawk, Bulleteer, Plastic Man, Kimiyo Hoshi-Light, Red Tornado and Mr. Scarlet. After Forever's Evil, the UN decides to reopen the funding for their own Justice League with Checkmate operating in the shadows. Story will be about the teams adventures as they meet heroes around the world and having adventures with them. During this exploration of the world, there will be encounters with villains such as Pozhar, Manchester Black, Doctor Impossible and Prometheus to name a few as the book tries to go for a Justice League Unlimited look at showcasing this massive world of heroes in DC comics.
    Yes please with sugar on top. Writer: Warren Ellis, Artist: Phil Jimenez

Amazing Member

This is an idea for the next reboot.

For Superman titles, Clark Kent is a young man in college (think Smallville, but set in Metropolis University). He hasn't crafted his Superman identity yet and his powers haven't fully developed if not latent. Clark Kent works a part time as an intern for the Daily Planet 24/7 news streaming service. Lois Lane is a few years older than Clark and is a field reporter for this news service. Lex Luthor is a fellow classmate and friend of Clark Kent. He hasn't developed his multi-billion dollar corporation yet, but he's destined for corruption. Clark Kent gets his moral values from Ma and Pa Kent and he often looks toward them for guidance. I think this is key for the characterization of Superman, because he is not supposed to a dark and angsty character. He needs to be bright and help people because he enjoys it. However, I think making Clark younger, putting him in the college setting, and internship for a modern news service make him more modern.

For Batman titles, Batman is a few years older than Superman, but he's still a 'rookie' in the crime fighting game. He's not the infallible Batgod or the God Damn Batman who goes toe to toe with Darkseid yet. He's just an urban legend who makes mistakes and occasionally catches a bullet or two. I think grim and gritty works well for Batman, but I'd like these stories to be a little bizarre, psychedelic, and nutty in a funny way. He should be dealing with stoners, hackers, UFO conspiracy theorists, gangsta rappers, Santa Clause, urban explorers, hipsters, zombies, and boy bands. I think Batman interacting with these fucked up weirdos would be funny and could possibly provide commentary on modern day society. Maybe I'm just going crazy, but I think adding a comedy edge and some "WTF the heck is going on" moments in a Batman book would work out great.
    Last edited by heatvision; 06-17-2014 at 11:15 PM.