Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    What if Detective Comics went back to being an anthology? Maybe have some non-Batman detectives inside. Would anyone buy it?
    Depends on who else is in it and who the writers and artists are, and of course the price. The concept sounds good, but the realities could suck.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Depends on who else is in it and who the writers and artists are, and of course the price. The concept sounds good, but the realities could suck.
    I would make Detective a split-feature book, give Batman the first half and then give the second half to someone else such as Black Canary, Zatanna or Red Robin. I would do the same with Action and make the second feature something like Firestorm, Cyborg, Shazam or Hawkman. I would revive Adventure as a split feature book as well with The Flash as the lead feature then a solid mid-tier hero in the back half.

Wonder Woman and the Furies. Batman had Batman Incorporated, Green Arrow has The Outsiders and Aquaman has The Others, so I would give Wonder Woman The Furies. Similar to Birds of Prey but Wonder Woman and a group of strong female heroes fight for justice. They can be affiliated with DoMA and the government or not. I would add a second Amazon, maybe Aleka, a new amazon or Cassie or Donna in one slot. I would introduce Maxima to the second slot, followed by Big Barda, maybe Fire and Ice, Mera and a revived Princess Shayera as Hawkwoman.
    Last edited by Thor2014; 06-18-2014 at 07:22 PM. Reason: revision

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I would make Detective a split-feature book, give Batman the first half and then give the second half to someone else such as Black Canary, Zatanna or Red Robin. I would do the same with Action and make the second feature something like Firestorm, Cyborg, Shazam or Hawkman. I would revive Adventure as a split feature book as well with The Flash as the lead feature then a solid mid-tier hero in the back half.
    While Black Canary and Zatanna do need representation in books, they aren't exactly "detectives." Even Batman, the "world's greatest detective" doesn't really fit with the title. If you show 500 people a picture of Batman and asked to describe him in one word, only Ra's al Ghul would say "detective."

I think Commissioner Gordon is a good idea, and Tim's reputation certainly precedes him, and then maybe heroes who are investigative in nature, like the Dibnys and Vic Sage.

Quote Originally Posted by Thor2014 View Post
    I like this. The first half of the book would be what sells it, and the second half could gauge fan reactions to characters to see who needs an ongoing of the own. Maybe even throw in some original characters back there to see if the fans take hold of one.

Stargirl - JLU member Stargirl or also known as Courtney Whitmore is your typical teenage girl living in LA except that she is a superhero. How can she fight crime and go to High School at the same time? It always leads to a recipe for disaster for this plucky young heroine.
    - Basically would be a fun filled call from the Silver Age

Bunker - Teen Titan Member Miguel now stars in his own solo. Join in the funny, hilarious hi-jinks of Bunker as he lives through live as a superhero, a titan and trying to live the life of an average teenager. With special appearances from TT members.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsanity View Post
    Stargirl - JLU member Stargirl or also known as Courtney Whitmore is your typical teenage girl living in LA except that she is a superhero. How can she fight crime and go to High School at the same time? It always leads to a recipe for disaster for this plucky young heroine.
    - Basically would be a fun filled call from the Silver Age.
    Or how will she be able to keep her secret identity while attending a school in Moose Factory when the majority of her classmates are Cree ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lucette View Post
    Or how will she be able to keep her secret identity while attending a school in Moose Factory when the majority of her classmates are Cree ...
    Yes. I like that thinking.

Time to liver forever! Energist's Avatar

I more or less already suggested this in another thread, but...

The Manhuters - "Kate Spencer is a federal prosecutor fed-up with the rule of law failing the people. Mark Shaw is a public defender tired of working within a corrupt system only looking out for those with the money and power to protect themselves from it. Dan Richards is a police officer operating within a department that's outgunned and outmanned more and more every day. Paul Kirk is a big game hunter whose best friend's murder remains unresolved. And Chase Lawlwer is a wealthy musician who, for the first time in his life, finds himself helpless when his girlfriend is kidnapped. Alone, these five individuals are little more than victims themselves. When they find each other in their most desperate hour, however, they'll become so much more. They'll become The Manhunters."

Basically, take all of the previous incarnations of the Manhunter character, tweak their origins a bit, and put them together in an original team book. With so many capes and super-powered beings, it makes sense for a group of relatively "normal" people to get together and pool their resources in order to wage their own personal crusades.
    "Forgiving the unrepentant is like drawing pictures on water." - Japanese Proverb

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Worlds' Finest: An anthology double-sized monthly that celebrates the storied history of DC from the golden days to the New 52. The first half, the on-going storyline of the book with a consistent creative team, is similar to Marvel's Exiles - featuring on various incarnations of DC's finest pulled from the history of the company which includes non-comic media endeavors, embarking on all sort of epic and often oddball adventures across a Multiverse of Infinite Earths together. The second half of the book would be self-contained short stories by guest creative teams - exploring all the possibilities for storytelling provided by the Multiverse concept. Basically, Elseworlds type stuff.

This book will also provide a cheap way of telling new stories with incarnations of characters that have been wiped with the various reboots, such as Ginger Wally and the pre New-52 Earth-2 characters.

I also want an Injustice-type story where for once, Batman is the one that loses control - tries to take over the world for the "greater good", and it's up to Superman to stop him, but that's probably just me.
    Last edited by Hilden B. Lade; 06-20-2014 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilden B. Lade View Post
    . . . This book will also provide a cheap way of telling new stories with incarnations of characters that have been wiped with the various reboots, such as Ginger Wally and the pre New-52 Earth-2 characters . . .
    How would it provide a "cheap way of telling new stories"? Doesn't DC have to pay the writers, artists, etc.?

1) Shazam
    Writer: Geoff Johns
    The character deserves a book and to be done by Geoff Johns. His back-up in Justice League was good and it offers a whole mythos to explore in the magical world. Billy Batson and the Marvel Family with new additions. Plus, the mystical legacy of the Circle of Eternity and the Wizard as well as how it affects the world. The villains from Sivana to Mr. Mind along with Black Adam. There is just such a goldmine of material here that I do worry the longer this book does not get announced.

2) Cyborg
    Writer: Sterling Gates
    I think Cyborg is another character that can definitely carry a book now as there is the whole potential with exploring the mechanical side of DC. You got his dad, make the likes of T.O. Morrow and Professor Ivo his villains as the book explores all these super-geniuses and developing technology. One can link things quite well with STAR Labs and have Will Magnus plus the Metal Men as supporting characters.

3) Green Arrow and the Outsiders
    Writer:
    Not sure on writer but Arrow has the potential for a spin-off book. Maybe say that Oliver decides to take leadership because the last times the weapon clans were left on their own they ended the way they are so now he seeks to make them an active force for good in the world. So, the actual Green Arrow book would be about his own adventures whilst Outsiders would be with Emiko and others. Just a thought.

4) Steve Trevor and ARGUS
    Writer: Sterling Gates?
    Again, not sure about writer. Maybe Sterling Gates as well? But I think mini ARGUS series during Forever Evil was fun. It also helps expand Wonder Woman's world by giving Steve Trevor some more focus. This could be a book that explores the wealth of information on ARGUS and perhaps make some of Diana's non-myth villains into Trevor's rogues such as Doctor Cyber and Doctor Poison. Thus, they would be in extension rogues of Diana through Trevor. There is also the whole mythology of the Green Room, Red Room and so on that might be nice to see.

5) The Rogues
    Writer: Brian Buccellato
    The Rogues book during Forever Evil was also a nice run. Plus, with the relative fame the Rogues got in Central City from that means there is potential there for villains skirting the line of being heroic and being villainous. Might be the New 52 version of the Secret Six as they fight other villains in the world.

Injustice League - A group of "villains" who are the "heroes of their own stories" working together to go on missions to change the world. While heroes like Superman don't do more than fight crime because they don't want to impose their will; the Injustice League here are different.

Team is led by Black Adam. Other characters include Shadow Thief, Poison Ivy and perhaps Killer Frost. Also Man-Bat could fit as well. Another villain who considers themselves the righteous party too.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

where they filmed that one movie and half of that other one

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    How would it provide a "cheap way of telling new stories"? Doesn't DC have to pay the writers, artists, etc.?
    Sorry, I guess I should've said convenient or something along that line.

BANNED

I think my best idea is a reimagining of the Titans where a recently out-of-nest Dick Grayson uses his ambiguously large Wayne trust fund to recruit young people with special powers and build a T-shaped tower to house them in. It would have a healthy dose of X-Men: First Class in it, and there would be different generations of Titans that would come through.

First it would be Nightwing, Raven, and Cyborg. Then they'd recruit Starfire and Beast Boy, and then roster would continue to grow until the Titans were a Superhero Community comparable in size to the JSA.

And people would always call them Teen Titans even though the original three were like 19 when they started and would continue in the organization long into their twenties.

If I ever broke down and wrote fan fiction that'd probably be where I started.