Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I think my best idea is a reimagining of the Titans where a recently out-of-nest Dick Grayson uses his ambiguously large Wayne trust fund to recruit young people with special powers and build a T-shaped tower to house them in. It would have a healthy dose of X-Men: First Class in it, and there would be different generations of Titans that would come through.

First it would be Nightwing, Raven, and Cyborg. Then they'd recruit Starfire and Beast Boy, and then roster would continue to grow until the Titans were a Superhero Community comparable in size to the JSA.

And people would always call them Teen Titans even though the original three were like 19 when they started and would continue in the organization long into their twenties.

If I ever broke down and wrote fan fiction that'd probably be where I started.
    Throw in Donna Troy, Wally West, and don't have the Dick/Starfire relationship and I'd buy that.

I would call it Shattered, my pitch would be an anthology book that would have pre-52 versions of the DC heroes and Villains as they jump through different Earths and Dimensions trying to survive the reboot.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by byrd156 View Post
    Throw in Donna Troy, Wally West, and don't have the Dick/Starfire relationship and I'd buy that.
    Oh there are lots of characters I didn't list. Phantasm for instance.

I think Donna (or the Wonder girl role in general) would work really well in the Beyond time period where the continuity wouldn't collapse in on itself. And a kid flash would be pretty much required (though Wally is personally my favorite flash (the JL version with Barry's dayjob) so maybe not him.

Fantastic Member

A story in an alternate earth where the villains are in fact heroes. So basically Earth 2 but with the most popular villains of e1 being the Justice league. Darkseid is team leader, joker fills the role of batman, Circe fill the role of WW, etc. Here, while the villains now heroes would generally be good, they'd still have fundamentals of their personalities in tact. The one ting the story should never do is try to be like the Authority though. Darkseid wouldn't be trying to rule the world or anything. Rather, the God juice in him would compel him to show mankind and others how good they can be.

Something like that. It's more an excuse to have villains be on the front-line headling their own book in a team without being truly badguys though.

There is only one Darkseid in the Multiverse though. Same goes for the other New Gods of the Fourth World so there can't be another Earth with a good Darkseid. Maybe as an Elseworlds but not as part of the regular DC universe. Also, that's essentially what the Earth-3 characters were meant to be... villains who were good guys and good guys who were villains. Alexander Luthor versus Ultraman, Joker/Jester/Jokester versus Owlman and etc etc. Wouldn't mind seeing some of them though... maybe not Alexander Luthor or Joker but maybe Enigma or others that survived the destruction of Earth-3 and are now displaced in the Multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    On a semi-related note, what if DC only published a few series, but did them all weekly or bi-weekly?

1. Superman
    2. Superman Family (Superboy, Supergirl, etc.)
    3. Batman
    4. Batman Family (jumps around between Grayson, Robin, Red Hood, etc.)
    5. Justice League
    6. Green Lantern (Corps)
    7. Earth 2
    8. DC Dark (Constantine and the other magical characters)
    9. Teen Titans/Suicide Squad (alternate weeks)
    10. Wonder Woman/Aquaman (alternate weeks)
    11. Flash/Shazam! (alternate weeks)
    12. Green Arrow/Hawkman (alternate weeks)
    13. DC Comics Presents (rotates between different features for a few issues, like Jonah Hex et al)

GREAT IDEA

this would allow DC to use only the strongest creative teams, giving artists extra time to do sensational work.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    GREAT IDEA

this would allow DC to use only the strongest creative teams, giving artists extra time to do sensational work.
    They would still be producing 52 books a month, so I'm not sure there would be any extra time for artists.

Arkham Asylum by Scott Snyder and Rafael Albequerque

A medical/horror drama set in the House. And you thought the patients were vile and insane?
    Meet the medical staff of Arkham. Some of them WANT to work in Arkham! Why?
    What's with that janitor? Creep.
    And who funds this wacko establishment anyway? Bruce Wayne? wut?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    I think my best idea is a reimagining of the Titans where a recently out-of-nest Dick Grayson uses his ambiguously large Wayne trust fund to recruit young people with special powers and build a T-shaped tower to house them in. It would have a healthy dose of X-Men: First Class in it, and there would be different generations of Titans that would come through.

First it would be Nightwing, Raven, and Cyborg. Then they'd recruit Starfire and Beast Boy, and then roster would continue to grow until the Titans were a Superhero Community comparable in size to the JSA.

And people would always call them Teen Titans even though the original three were like 19 when they started and would continue in the organization long into their twenties.

If I ever broke down and wrote fan fiction that'd probably be where I started.
    The thread calls for a "New" direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Miller View Post
    Arkham Asylum by Scott Snyder and Rafael Albequerque

A medical/horror drama set in the House. And you thought the patients were vile and insane?
    Meet the medical staff of Arkham. Some of them WANT to work in Arkham! Why?
    What's with that janitor? Creep.
    And who funds this wacko establishment anyway? Bruce Wayne? wut?
    I'd buy it. Would love to read a comic like this showing the lives of the crazed inmates of Arkham & how they interact with one another, the guards etc.. Sounds fun.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    The thread calls for a "New" direction.
    Has this scenario been done before, or are you implying that because the direction is so entwined in the X-Men that it wouldn't be considered new in the Teen Titans?

All-New Member

I'd like to see "Legion of Super Heroes" with a clean starting point (a true #1)and a slow introduction of characters. Perhaps just Saturn Girl, Lightning Boy, and Cosmic Boy for starters. The previous TWO #1 issues seemed to start in the middle of a story with a cast of dozens!

I have suggested the teen peace corps idea for the Legion in the past and the teen peace corps idea is now being used for the Forever People. I believe the boy girl code names are iconic so the way to retain them would be to have teen Legionnaires. I prefer to set the Legion and United Planets in the 21st century. I prefer Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad and Cosmic Boy as peace corp volunteers and in disguise on earth as high school students. To avoid overcrowding of legionnaires on earth, the other teen Legionnaire groups can be put in other planets like Cairn, Winath, Rimbor, Xanthu, Zoon, Orando, Lythyl, Talok, Phlon, Lallor, etc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 06-22-2014 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal El View Post
    I'd like to see "Legion of Super Heroes" with a clean starting point (a true #1)and a slow introduction of characters. Perhaps just Saturn Girl, Lightning Boy, and Cosmic Boy for starters. The previous TWO #1 issues seemed to start in the middle of a story with a cast of dozens!
    I definitely agree with this. It really needs that clean starting point without a bajillion characters everywhere that need to be labeled every time they appear on panel.
    Favourite DC Characters: Supergirl, Pandora, Red Lantern Bleez, Larfleeze
    BRING BACK PANDORA!

http://i.imgur.com/fq7hazv.png

Hyped for Pokémon Sun and Moon! Nickname your Sun Legend after me!

"There are two main times when comic book fans gripe: When something changes and when something stays the same."
    Cyborg is a Leaguer forever, not a Titan

Prez, but more in the way of The west wing: a political satire set in modern times where an iconoclast yet idealist teenage president must deal with the schemes behind the powers and the problems of american society. Set in his own universe.
    Last edited by Thor-Ul; 06-23-2014 at 03:18 PM.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin