Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Hawkman and Hawkwoman

Bring back Shayera and put the two in a book they headline together already, DC. Heck, make it Hawkwoman and Hawkman, even; it doesn't matter. Rejuvenate the archeological underpinnings of the characters and use it as the springboard for stories spanning from an ancient tomb in Egypt to the far reaches of space. Unlike a lot of super heroes there's virtually no limit to the scope of adventures these two could be having in today's DCU. The biggest thing for me, though, is that they both deserve to be having them. The Hawks are always stronger together than they are apart, both in-universe and from a marketing standpoint.
    Batman: I need your help finding a man named Vulko.
    Hawkman: You want him dead or alive?
    - Justice League #17

Prefer to do a more realistic take on Superman. Somehow, humans are in many planets maybe thru star gates. Superman sent to earth as a baby via a star gate. Government is keeping existence of alien humans a secret. Superman gets trained by Kryptonian crystal which can also be used to open star gates so Superman can travel to other planets easily without the need for a space ship. Superman has armor and covers face. New Krypton colony oppresses other planets and will be villains.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    Prefer to do a more realistic take on Superman. Somehow, humans are in many planets maybe thru star gates. Superman sent to earth as a baby via a star gate. Government is keeping existence of alien humans a secret. Superman gets trained by Kryptonian crystal which can also be used to open star gates so Superman can travel to other planets easily without the need for a space ship. Superman has armor and covers face. New Krypton colony oppresses other planets and will be villains.
    How's that more realistic?

Amazing Member

Justice League Limbo:

An ever changing cast that utilizes characters who haven't been shown in the new 52.
    Characters included would be, Steel, Azrael, Max Mercury, Donna Troy , Jade, Arthur Joseph Curry, and Elongated Man.

With Limbo located partially inside the Bleed, the characters have forgotten who they are, and through their adventures try to remember while trying to keep the peace intact. One character who used to be in their group, but whom they don't remember anymore, is Pandora who had managed to escape, creating her history while forgetting Limbo and eventually the Great Threat she was supposed to stop.

Limbo would be part of the weakening phase, like the Wildstorm and Vertigo universes that were spread apart from Earth Prime to weaken it. It would be revealed that the Bleed is starting to evolve, gaining a form of consciousness, and was trying to weaken Earth Prime in order for the universe to be weak enough that it could use the multiversal-energies of the other 51 universes to destroy the entire multiverse, and create another multiversal-Big Bang with the hopes of creating a multiverse that would continue to grow indefinitely; allowing the Bleed inbetween to continuously grow along with it.

All-New Member

The Justice Club

Jonni DC informs Ambush Bug that he will be sent to permanent limbo if his newest comic book series gets cancelled. Knowing team books are all the rage, the Bug sets up a recruitment drive for a new superhero team. After careful consideration, Ambush Bug picks the best three candidates (and he swears it is not because they were the only three to show up at the membership drive): Bat-Mite, G'Nort, and 'Mazing Man!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Cos he covers his face. Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Cos he covers his face. Duh.

No one cared who he was until he put on the mask.
    BB

For titans, I will follow the Titans Earth One more and maybe make the members with more human origins. Starfire can be the child of a human from planet Tamaran and an earth human and have maybe black color to appeal to african americans or maybe can look like a native american since Cyborg is already african american. Raven will be the child of a human from planet Azarath and an earth human, and maybe look asian american. Changeling will have white parents but changeling will be green like kermit the frog. The leader can be Nightwing, a white guy who is smarter than other bears. Terra can be an immigrant from Russia like Colossus.

Astonishing Member

I'm stuck on finding a catchy title for this. I'm looking for a word that fits but drawing a blank.

The book would basically be Astro City set in the DCU. The main cast would be a 24/7 news team whose beat is the super-powered events of the DC Universe. The stories would be told from the point-of-view of the "average" person who is a spectator, victim, etc of those events. One arc might focus on Metropolis or Gotham cops (a sort of ride-along), another on someone who was held hostage in a hero/villain stand-off during a robbery, a third an interview with a career criminal talking about the "old days" before guys like Joker/Luthor/Grodd got all the headlines.

I remember Marvels of Alex Ross was from the point of view of a news person. For dc news, I have fond memories of Direct Currents. There is a Gotham tv show so maybe DC could also do a Daily Planet tv show. I also have fond memories of Metropolis SCU and Gotham Central.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 06-28-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    It's darker. Darker and more cynical things are always more realistic. Good positive things happening and people that are likeable are unbelievable. Didn't you know that?

Batmen

Bruce Wayne. Thomas Wayne. Damian Wayne. Three generations.
    I would like to explore stories with father, son and grandson across a limitless palette.
    Since future Damian is from an alternate future and Thomas from an alternate earth, the
    Very idea in of itself is a tad cosmic. So that could be the foundation for their adventures.
    Have them explore the multiverse. Have them explore time travel. Have them bond and explore their relationships.

You could explore a similar idea in Supermen. One of my favorites portions of Final Crisis was the Superman analogs teaming up. Kal-El, Apollo, Shazam, Captain Atom etc. Team up for epic, cosmic tales of thwarting multiversal calamity.
    Last edited by MykeHavoc; 07-14-2014 at 09:24 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Gotham Knights. Volume 2.

No truly constant main core of characters. This is the archives of all Gotham characters, including that 5 years with four Robins that people complain about. Rule #1; never actually state how many years ago the story takes place, so that no one can ever really say there's too much going on. Rule #2; a respected and trusted creator is given the reigns of "show runner" for the comic and works in concert with Snyder et al. Not just an editor, someone like Snyder himself or Dini or Morrison, etc. Rule #3; don't be afraid to rewrite a classic story ala the Ultimate series at Marvel. No need to go whole hog and completely reject what worked before (Teen Titans, I'm looking at you) and if you want to retcon unsatisfactory aspects of the New 52, give yourself some issues to do it in. Ideas for storylines:

Knightfall and Knightsend; how did the fight with Bane go down in this timeline? Who was Robin? How long was Batman "broken?"

The Gordons: Show us Batgirl 1.0 in action before the Joker shot her. What was it like for James when Babs was in recovery? Did Sara Essen exist? When did Babs first return to her suit?

The GCPD: Gotham Central as a small scale story focused around specific characters and events.

The Robins: their training, first adventures, and encounters with each other. Fix Tim's backstory. Show Nightwing's birth. Show their civilian lives. Give us some DickBats with Damian as Robin. Give us a Red Robin and Nightwing teamup. Show us Red Hood's sibling rivalries.

Villain's first stories. Nuff said.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

This is something I've wanted since the New 52 launch:

Justice League Investigations

My preferred roster would be Elongated Man, Detective Chimp, The Atom, Dr. Light (Kimiyo). It'd be a street level title, but revolving around large scale crimes/threats, and would have it's fair share of science-y stuff as well. I'd like for it to have a somewhat humorous undertone. I definitely don't want it being "grimdark". I'd like for it to be a fun detective book, while still taking itself seriously.

My top choices for creative teams would be:
    writers - Brian Azzarello, Peter Milligan, Jim Zubkavich, Tim Seeley, John Layman
    artists - Chris Burnham, Cliff Chiang, Cameron Stewart, Aaron Lopresti, Scott Hepburn
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

Thought it would be fun to bump this thread. Some cool ideas and some… interesting ones