Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Another stupid idea. The JSA belongs on their own Earth, not the main one. Just reboot your Earth-2 world for gods sake. None of this stupid forgotten group of heroes deal. Superman should be the first on the Earth in which he's featured.

Oh, I forgot. No one gives a **** about Superman in DC.

Was there any GOOD news today?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-02-2016 at 05:35 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Another stupid idea. The JSA belongs on their own Earth, not the main one. Just reboot your Earth-2 world for gods sake. None of this stupid forgotten group of heroes deal. Superman should be the first on the Earth in which he's featured.

Except wonder woman should be hundreds is not thousands of years old....,

Incredible Member

Except wonder woman should be hundreds is not thousands of years old....,

"...[N]ot only will this active team of superheroes be revealed, along with an explanation as to why no one remembers them, but they will be brought forward, young, to the present days, fishes out of water, fighting alongside the Justice League of America."

"Why no one remembers them?" Sort of like the Titans Hunt Titans, I guess.

You know, I love the JSA characters, I really do. But I love the characters in their setting. Or, if in the present, then as older characters who reflect their long history. And characters who have actually had an effect on the history of the world in which they live.

But - they were there, but nobody remembers them? What, does everybody remember a history in which they didn't exist, and now everybody remembers a history in which they were important? That's the kind of comic-book chronobabble (cf. technobabble/Treknobabble, but with time-travel, memory & record-keeping wipes, and history changing) that I have never enjoyed, because it smashes any kind of world-building. And now they're young, because older, experienced characters are boring - but we love the JSA!

It sounds like such a kitchen-sink approach. "Yes, we've created a new continuity, but everything you like about the old continuity will be recreated, sort of but with changes, in the past, but everyone will have forgotten about it, but then it just gets re-revealed in the present...!"

I guess it's just a point-of-view thing. Some readers are very focused on their favorite characters. "Yeah, that JLU story didn't make much sense, and was very deus ex machina, but I got to see Cliff Steele again, so I'm happy!" And that's fine. I'm glad you're happy, truly. But I want to see Cliff Steele in a story that really feels like a part of Cliff Steele's ongoing narrative (and character development), not a "plucked out of time and dimension and deposited here" story. Or at least, not too often.

I want to see a DCU with a history that feels somewhat organic. And a JSA whose history is not being pulled and twisted like taffy, just to fit them in somewhere where they really don't look like they belong. And where they are not by any means the premiere superhero team of their era, but second fiddle to the JLA.

I'd much prefer to see them on their own Earth - where they could have their own Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman; where they could develop over time; where they could have kids who don't wind up being chronologically older than they are, or some such.

That's just me. Really and truly, I'm not arguing with anybody who enjoys it some other way - you are more than entitled. But this approach - here and in Titans Hunt - is certainly not directed at readers like me.

I suspect most of the readers like me have drifted away a long time ago.
    Doctor Bifrost

"If Roy G. Bivolo had seen some B&W pencil sketches, his whole life would have turned out differently." http://doctorbifrost.blogspot.com/

Lots of it. A new Titans series with the real Teen Titans and a new JSA series with the real JSA. That's more than enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    I was just thinking. A while back when it became obvious that the New 52 would not have the JSA, I said that they could be around but something happens and nobody remembers them and they are transported to the present. There were so many responses to my post saying "it won't work", " too complicated", "confuse new readers". Well looks like it will work, it's not really that complicated and won't confuse new readers.
    I said the same thing shortly before DC announced the 52 reboot. Someone on the old DCMB heard a rumor and I was all "Nah, no way man! They'd lose out on all kinds of fan favorites like Tim, Bart, Conner, and reduce Nightwing and Arsenal and Wally back to sidekicks! They won't do it! COIE made a huge mess, they wont make the same mistake again!" And like, three days later I had to eat my words (though DC didn't reboot back to Day One so I was still *sorta* right)

I have little hope for this new JSA, honestly.

We're getting exactly what we got with Robinson's Earth-2, except now it gets to muck up the main continuity. And the JSA will get to act like second stringers confused by cell phones and wi-fi next to the League (or rather, Batman, the only character who seems to be coming out of this mess unscathed).

I hope it's good. If its good (and I havent dropped DC completely out of anger for what they're doing to Superman) I'll read it. But this sounds a lot like DC missing the forest for the trees. We say we want the original JSA back....so they give us rebooted versions of the originals without any of their history, stuck in our era without any of their "Elder Statesman" appeal. And unless they had kids back home before getting time tossed there wont be any Infinity Inc either.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

My preference---their own Earth, debuted in the 1940's. JSA, Seven Soilders, Shazams, All Star Squadron. multiple decades of adventures. Then maybe sometime in the 1960s or so, debut of the super squad or children of the first generation. Then maybe some sort of time shift (Per Degaton attacks the JSA Family Picnic or something)--chararacters are shifted forward twenty years. Then today is actually the beginning of the third generation of super heroes.

Writer(s) will need to be ambitious. Editors will have to diligent. But a big Earth -2 with a long cohesivie universe with multiple decades to draw stories and update old ones would be pure awesomeness.
    trying to be nicer

BANNED

If it's Pre-FP JSA, then I'm done. I don't really like when they cave in to fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberpunk Ronin View Post
    If it's Pre-FP JSA, then I'm done. I don't really like when they cave in to fans.
    except when it's things that are good, like bringing back Barry, then it's okay.
    I have no beef with Vegans

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    You don't really know that until it comes out. This could be a complete and utter failure.
    Like Earth 2?

I like the idea if we get a real JSA team back!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by upgrayedd View Post
    except when it's things that are good, like bringing back Barry, then it's okay.

The true Flash? You bet.

I don't care if its pre-FP JSA or not, just don't have it on Earth-0. If it is they are absolutely clueless, and its almost like that instead of just being ignorant to the mistakes of the past, they purposely want to make the same mistakes again for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 02-02-2016 at 07:02 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

Yeah because JSA didn't work on prime earth before right? And frankly nobody gives a **** about Earth 2 JSA.

The true Flash? You bet.
    What makes Barry the "true" Flash?
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

Fantastic Member DeathFalcon182's Avatar

The true Flash? You bet.
    The most boring Flash? You bet.