Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Default Bleeding Cool: Tomasi on Bi-Weekly Superman

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I'm not excited. Not enough. I used to like Tomasi on Green Lantern Corps.

Once he hit Batman comics, I realized he's only a decent (scratch that, mediocre) writer that just doesn't do enough to make you yearn for more stories by him. I was really underwhelmed by his Batman work.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2016 at 02:52 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

BANNED

Mediocre writer... Not excited about this at all. :/

This news is the least concerning out of all Superman-related news, but it certainly doesn't wow me either. It depends on the artist.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    I'm not excited. Not enough. I used to like Tomasi on Green Lantern Corps.

Once he hit Batman comics, I realized he's only a decent writer that just doesn't do enough to make you yearn for more stories by him. I was really underwhelmed by his Batman work.
    that is exactly how reading works

Fantastic Member

Peter Tomasi? The one who completely destroys Superman bit by bit in Superman/Wonder Woman? Who writes the whining, insecure, incapable version? The one who had us the scene where Wonder Woman takes him wedding style?

No, thanks.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    that is exactly how reading works
    I won't be reading Tomasi Superman, I've had enough of him.

Quote Originally Posted by GodofBoredom View Post
    Peter Tomasi? The one who completely destroys Superman bit by bit in Superman/Wonder Woman? Who writes the whining, insecure, incapable version? The one who had us the scene where Wonder Woman takes him wedding style?
    Bingo, the bolded seems to be Tomasi's staple and he uses it for the wrong characters often and just doesn't write it well. Some people loved how he wrote Damian (with Bruce) and I couldn't disagree more, think he wrote a terrible Damian. Damian wasn't supposed to be written like the muted cutesy cheesy unsubtle version that Tomasi wrote.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 02-02-2016 at 02:58 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

This is very underwhelming.

Expect the same mediocre status quo for the next year.

Astonishing Member AlexanderLuthor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    This is very underwhelming.

Expect the same mediocre status quo for the next year.
    Nothing will change until they finally get rid of Berganza. Everything he has ever edited has been bad, if not worse. He must have pictures of DiDio in a Wonder Woman costume to keep his job

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderLuthor View Post
    Nothing will change until they finally get rid of Berganza. Everything he has ever edited has been bad, if not worse. He must have pictures of DiDio in a Wonder Woman costume to keep his job
    Um, it could be.

I like Tomasi, so that's cool with me ... Here's the problem:

Some have said the title is Bi weekly. Some have said the title is Bi monthly. Which is it?

Personally I prefer the idea of bi monthly because it gives the artist more time to meet the deadline

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    I like Tomasi, so that's cool with me ... Here's the problem:

Some have said the title is Bi weekly. Some have said the title is Bi monthly. Which is it?

Personally I prefer the idea of bi monthly because it gives the artist more time to meet the deadline
    Technically bi-monthly can also mean every other week. My hunch, based on the Batman news, is that it means twice a month.

BANNED

It's definitely twice a month, and that's part of why Tomasi got the job. He's a fast writer, the guy's writing the entire Superman line for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    Technically bi-monthly can also mean every other week. My hunch, based on the Batman news, is that it means twice a month.
    Ah. Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ina heshima kwa Jumuia kama ka View Post
    It's definitely twice a month, and that's part of why Tomasi got the job. He's a fast writer, the guy's writing the entire Superman line for two months.
    Yeah. It make sense (that it's fortnightly, that is). Tomasi is a fast writer and a pretty good one ... It's the poor artists I feel sorry for, they'll barely have a chance to look up from their desk.

Anyway, I'll probably get the first issue (even if it's just for novelty sake) but that's about it, I think ... I mean, DC have appeared to be struggling with the hectic schedule (what with last minute changes, editorial interference, deadlines, etc) I just think bringing in a fortnightly schedule for the main title is just going to make things overall worse

I was taking a break but I think I'll come back for Super League to see how he does with a powered Superman again. I did enjoy his first Story arc on Superman Wonder Woman.