View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Axcend #4

0 0%
  • Mirror #1

4 12.50%
  • Nailbiter #20

4 12.50%
  • Paper Girls #5

5 15.63%
  • Pretty Deadly #8

6 18.75%
  • Saints #5

0 0%
  • Shutter #18

2 6.25%
  • Spawn #260

1 3.13%
  • Velvet #13

9 28.13%
  • The Walking Dead #151

1 3.13%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Image Comics poll week 5 - Reflecting on the launch of Mirror

Welcome to this week's Image round-up, where we vote on our favourite books or just sound off in general.

Who needs Iowa primaries with polls this tight?! Last week was a real sizzler, with Cry Havoc, Prophet and Southern Bastards tied for the win in a stalemate that could rival Clinton and Sanders. During the closing arguments Prophet: Earth War took the district by a single vote, Trumping usual favourites like Saga, East of West and Black Magick.

Need a breather? Too bad, this week has plenty going on too: Nailbiter sees a major ploint I don't want to spoil by accident, Paper Girls ends its first arc, while Shutter and The Walking Dead both begin new ones. Lastly it's worth taking note of Spawn's new direction, Erik Larsen of Savage Dragon joins Todd McFarlane as the new series artist (and soon writer as well!) in a classic Image heavyweights collaboration.

New stuff: it's a good week for Emma Rios fans, not only is Pretty Deadly dropping another issue, but this week's new series Mirror sees her doing scripts for Hwei Lim's gorgeous watercolours. This fantasy series sounds bananas, so let's just quote the solicit outright: "a new ongoing series, following a terrorist talking dog, an idealist mage, and a heroic lab rat on their quest for acceptance." Ok then.

240931.jpg

Nailbiter, Paper Girls, Shutter, and The Walking Dead for me this week.

Preemptive vote for Mirror #1, since it's the only one on my list this week.

My two favorite Image comics going head to head: Pretty Deadly vs. Velvet - "Lets get ready to RUMBLE!"
    “That’s right, I’m Doughy Man! Butter is my ally, steak does my bidding! Sour cream bows down before me in total abject terror!”

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Quiet week after the madness that was last week. Only reading Paper Girls (which I might be dropping after this arc wraps) and Mirror. I have to go with Mirror for my vote though because it was a very strong debut issue.

Pretty Deadly and Velvet for me this week. It'll be a tough decision I'm sure.

Nailbiter, Paper Girls, or Walking Dead. Probably Paper Girls, since Walking Dead will likely be in full set-up mode, and Nailbiter is more a guilty pleasure than a genuine enjoyment. I'll check out Mirror, too, and might check Cry Havoc if they still have it in stock after how popular it was in the poll last week.

Shout out to Marvel's Vision, which is probably the best book of the week.
    Last edited by Ragdoll; 02-03-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Just Paper Girls for me this week. I'll try and get a copy of Cry Havoc from last week too as it seems well received but it slipped under my radar!

Walking Dead and Pretty Deadly for me...

Spectacular Member Agent John Bishop's Avatar

Paper Girls was kind of awful this week. I've been hanging on in hopes the story will start to be explained but no such luck. Instead we get the girls (who I still can't keep straight) making increasingly dumb decisions, and more vaguely social-commentary-esque youth vs. age sci-fi. Cliff Chiang is a god, but this is BKV's laziest book in a long time.

Pretty Deadly was pretty beautiful. Probably end up voting for that. I think was the better piece of art and thoughtful narrative.

Walking Dead had an intriguing cliffhanger development, but it wasn't a knock out issue. Mostly set up.

Amazing Member

Both Pretty Deadly #8 and Mirror #1 were phenomenal.

The lack of Shutter in this thread makes me a saaaaaaaaaaad panda.

Only 2 this week, unusual. Paper Girls and Nailbiter. Will be interesting to see who gets my vote.

Incredible Member

My vote went to Velvet, although that is based mainly on the fact that I credit Velvet for introducing me to the wonderful world of Image Comics. Pretty Deadly was beautiful as well. Paper Girls is losing steam for me (Chiang will keep me on it for a bit longer, but something better change if it intends to keep me for the long haul.