Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default REVIEW: Spider-Man, #1

Brian Michael Bendis and Sara Pichelli introduce Miles Morales to the Main Marvel Universe and establish him in a new, yet familiar setting in "Spider-Man" #1.

Full article here.

Mighty Member

Miles is lucky to have a best friend to help him cope with his double life. While Peter was pretty much on his own when he was in high school.

I really wish there was a Spider-Man that at least looked like they had some organizational skills. Would be a nice change of pace, and that's probably one reason why Superior Spider-Man was so awesome to me. He actually gave a crap about his work life balance.

Hopefully Miles learns how to balance it. Until then, this was a fun issue!
    "Race is a social construct, they say. And I remind them that money is a social construct, too. Social constructs have power." — DeRay Mckesson

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I really dug it. I actually wanted to read more, so this is going to be a long month waiting for the next issue lol.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

I loved this issue.
    The Bendis speak works better for this book than the Iron Man book, since the characters are so much younger that it sounds more natural. I liked the new villain, and the fact that Miles seems really freaked out at the concept of hell and the devil and thinking Satan now has him in his sights.

This was worth the wait. Pichelli's expressions are unreal. Nobody does it better. This book is so well done. Leaves me very excited for what's to come.

Mighty Member

Blackheart is aclassic, but little used villian.

Incredible Member

Great issue, but I am sort of annoyed at the status-qup/new miles origin is being brushed over.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

This was my first time reading Miles Morales, and I actually really enjoyed.

I hate that I left it this long to read him!

Worth the wait! (are the forums looking wonky for anyone else?)

BANNED

Excellent issue! Bendis and co. have hit the ground running.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    This was my first time reading Miles Morales, and I actually really enjoyed.

I hate that I left it this long to read him!
    Seem a like bringing Peter back to basics would be a redundancy the this point.

Quote Originally Posted by frizb View Post
    Worth the wait! (are the forums looking wonky for anyone else?)
    It is for me.

Favorite quote spoilers:
    "Oh my god, Do I? Do I dare?" Guess I do dare? (I hope someone's filming this)"
    end of spoilers

Also spoilers:
    Peter coming at the end and Miles saying "Oh no"
    end of spoilers made me chuckle.

I enjoyed this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
    I loved this issue.
    The Bendis speak works better for this book than the Iron Man book, since the characters are so much younger that it sounds more natural. I liked the new villain, and the fact that Miles seems really freaked out at the concept of hell and the devil and thinking Satan now has him in his sights.
    While I do think Bendis is perfect for Tony, and the dialogue and inner monologue for the character is spot on (at least to me), I agree that there is a certain youthfulness to the inner monologue or "ramblings" Bendis has his characters doing, and so it fits well with young characters like Miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    Great issue, but I am sort of annoyed at the status-qup/new miles origin is being brushed over.
    I wouldn't say it's being brushed over, we haven't gotten to the nitty-gritty of things yet, we have to remember this is the first issue and it's not suppose to be complicated for new readers.

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Meh
    From the previews I assumed it was a new character, not Blackheart + Lovecraft.
    Blackheart running away after one venom blast was terrible, and I'm assuming it was a joke. Does a being made of darkforce energy even have a nervous system?
    Also it seems incredibly stupid of Peter to just assume Miles did all that damage by himself, or that he would do it.
    Ganke was fun.
    6/10.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker