Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    This was my first time reading Miles Morales, and I actually really enjoyed.

I hate that I left it this long to read him!
    Good job there's trade paperbacks better late than never.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    Any sign of Ultimate Jessica Drew?
    Not yet sadly. To be honest I don't think we'll ever see her again unless the Ultimate universe comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Good job there's trade paperbacks better late than never.

Not yet sadly. To be honest I don't think we'll ever see her again unless the Ultimate universe comes back.
    You don't there's a chance for her in Web Warriors, apparently not all of Miles supporting cast has been revealed.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 02-04-2016 at 06:14 PM.

Do I think there's a chance for her in Web Warriors? I'd like to think so.

BANNED

Terrible issue, introducing Miles to new fans should have felt much more important but already they are showing that Miles can accomplish anything with just his venom strike.

Bendis needs to stop writing Miles, how has Miles been in Avengers by Waid?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Terrible issue, introducing Miles to new fans should have felt much more important but already they are showing that Miles can accomplish anything with just his venom strike.

I made a list of all the people he fought between his first appearance and the end of the Cataclysm sorry. This is what I have so far:

In Ultimate Fallout: he shocks Kangaroo then kicks him in the stomach and Kangaroo drops the car he is holding right onto his head. Fight over.
    Issue 5 is his first real fight. He battles Electro and just barely taps his neck. Electro is down in seconds.
    Issue 6 is where he handles a few muggers with random agility. Not a highlight to be honest.
    Issue 7 is where he fight Omega Red. Taps his neck and Omega Red is down in seconds.
    Issue 8 he fight the Ringer. Kicks Ringer in the face. Not a highlight eight.
    Issue 9: He stings Uncle Aaron. Aaron doesn't stay down too long which is odd.
    Issue 10 he fights the Mexican Scorpion and stings him multiple times for the win.
    Issue 11: he fights Uncle Aaron again and uses his sting. Something happens and Aaron blows up.
    Issue 13: lost to Batroc
    Issue 14: Venom blasts Rhyno
    Issue 18: venom blasts a giant woman.
    Issue 20: venom blasts Venom
    Issue 21: venom blasts venom again.

The rest of the first volume of Miles' run just has him battling Roxxon. Surprisingly enough, he didnt shock the Roxxon owner. Then it goes to Cataclysm which I own but did not read. Far as I can tell, the next volume is after that and all I recall from there was him blasting Osborn a few times and "killing" him. And then he took out doom. thats basically it. Of all his big time fights, hes shocked mostly all of them. And yeah he has fought other ways, but most of those fights one two or three panels against goons that he took out with a swift kick.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

Waid hasn't even had Miles use his abilies except camouflage that one time. Also Waid doesn't seem to realize that Miles spider-sense is so weak it's useless. Let's not pretend Waid will be able to write Miles better than Miles own creator.

Also, how did Miles defeat someone with his venom sting, if that villain walked away...

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    I made a list of all the people he fought between his first appearance and the end of the Cataclysm sorry. This is what I have so far:

In Ultimate Fallout: he shocks Kangaroo then kicks him in the stomach and Kangaroo drops the car he is holding right onto his head. Fight over.
    Issue 5 is his first real fight. He battles Electro and just barely taps his neck. Electro is down in seconds.
    Issue 6 is where he handles a few muggers with random agility. Not a highlight to be honest.
    Issue 7 is where he fight Omega Red. Taps his neck and Omega Red is down in seconds.
    Issue 8 he fight the Ringer. Kicks Ringer in the face. Not a highlight eight.
    Issue 9: He stings Uncle Aaron. Aaron doesn't stay down too long which is odd.
    Issue 10 he fights the Mexican Scorpion and stings him multiple times for the win.
    Issue 11: he fights Uncle Aaron again and uses his sting. Something happens and Aaron blows up.
    Issue 13: lost to Batroc
    Issue 14: Venom blasts Rhyno
    Issue 18: venom blasts a giant woman.
    Issue 20: venom blasts Venom
    Issue 21: venom blasts venom again.

The rest of the first volume of Miles' run just has him battling Roxxon. Surprisingly enough, he didnt shock the Roxxon owner. Then it goes to Cataclysm which I own but did not read. Far as I can tell, the next volume is after that and all I recall from there was him blasting Osborn a few times and "killing" him. And then he took out doom. thats basically it. Of all his big time fights, hes shocked mostly all of them. And yeah he has fought other ways, but most of those fights one two or three panels against goons that he took out with a swift kick.
    Why can't Miles use his own freaking abilities, why should he be the only hero not able to use his signature attack, if this was Cyclops, it would sound like you guys are saying he shouldn't use his freaking eyes, but more hand to hand combat style of fighting or that Bombshell shouldn't use her bomb abilities.

Also you're counting each time he used his venom sting on his oppenent like he's suppose to do, but not how many times it was used and if it was the only thing used to defeat the enemy like you all love to claim.

ultimate fallout: kangeroo is a weak villain only a threat to the unsuspecting, let's not pretend he should be a problem, Miles got his ass kicked the ffirst round and he came back knowing what to avoid, he also used his ability which is powerful.

Issue 5: Miles used every ability he had, his agility, his wall crawling, his camouflage, and his venom sting. He defeated Electro, b/c his venom sting is an opposing electrical current, if Electro had touched Miles first, than it would have been Miles defeat.

Issue 7: Omega Red has slightly above average abilities, his durability is high and he should have at least lasted a second venom blast, bit let's not act like people give a **** about him.

Issue 9 and 11: Uncle Aaron had a suit that helped against Miles venom blast, probably something rubber. Miles venom blast didn't defeat Aaron, his own malfunctioning suit resulted in his demise...

Issue 10: I like how you ignore that both Miles and Uncle Aarron were fighting Ultimate Scorpion, and it wasn't Miles venom blast that did him in, but a barrage of attacks from both.

Issue 14: Rhyno is literally encased in metal... Electricity + Metal = Dead. People should be impressed he was only defeated.

Issue 18: I hardly remember this, but I don't think he defeated her with it, he just used it.

Issue 20 and 21: Used his venom blast multiple times in quick succession so Venom couldn't essentially regenerate the part that was attacked. That was a good fight.

Miles used his venom blast against Ultimate Taskmaster, but it didn't really work, it was only when Miles worked together with his friends that he defeated Ultimate Taskmaster.

Miles didn't use his venom blast against the Roxxan group, b/c he had allies...

Miles used his venom sting multiple times against Ult. Goblin, it's not a bad thing, it shows how strong Ult. Goblin was to be able to keep fighting.

Miles fight with doctor doom happen end off page...

I don't know what more people want, oh I do they don't want Miles to have this ability at all.

'Does whatever a spider can...' and for this particular spider, that includes a venom sting. I don't see the problem.

He's also got invisibility, which along with the venom blast helps him out because he's obviously not all that strong. Not as strong as Peter, anyway.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Waid hasn't even had Miles use his abilies except camouflage that one time. Also Waid doesn't seem to realize that Miles spider-sense is so weak it's useless. Let's not pretend Waid will be able to write Miles better than Miles own creator.

Also, how did Miles defeat someone with his venom sting, if that villain walked away...

Why can't Miles use his own freaking abilities, why should he be the only hero not able to use his signature attack, if this was Cyclops, it would sound like you guys are saying he shouldn't use his freaking eyes, but more hand to hand combat style of fighting or that Bombshell shouldn't use her bomb abilities.

Also you're counting each time he used his venom sting on his oppenent like he's suppose to do, but not how many times it was used and if it was the only thing used to defeat the enemy like you all love to claim.

ultimate fallout: kangeroo is a weak villain only a threat to the unsuspecting, let's not pretend he should be a problem, Miles got his ass kicked the ffirst round and he came back knowing what to avoid, he also used his ability which is powerful.

Issue 5: Miles used every ability he had, his agility, his wall crawling, his camouflage, and his venom sting. He defeated Electro, b/c his venom sting is an opposing electrical current, if Electro had touched Miles first, than it would have been Miles defeat.

Issue 7: Omega Red has slightly above average abilities, his durability is high and he should have at least lasted a second venom blast, bit let's not act like people give a **** about him.

Issue 9 and 11: Uncle Aaron had a suit that helped against Miles venom blast, probably something rubber. Miles venom blast didn't defeat Aaron, his own malfunctioning suit resulted in his demise...

Issue 10: I like how you ignore that both Miles and Uncle Aarron were fighting Ultimate Scorpion, and it wasn't Miles venom blast that did him in, but a barrage of attacks from both.

Issue 14: Rhyno is literally encased in metal... Electricity + Metal = Dead. People should be impressed he was only defeated.

Issue 18: I hardly remember this, but I don't think he defeated her with it, he just used it.

Issue 20 and 21: Used his venom blast multiple times in quick succession so Venom couldn't essentially regenerate the part that was attacked. That was a good fight.

Miles used his venom blast against Ultimate Taskmaster, but it didn't really work, it was only when Miles worked together with his friends that he defeated Ultimate Taskmaster.

Miles didn't use his venom blast against the Roxxan group, b/c he had allies...

Miles used his venom sting multiple times against Ult. Goblin, it's not a bad thing, it shows how strong Ult. Goblin was to be able to keep fighting.

Miles fight with doctor doom happen end off page...

I don't know what more people want, oh I do they don't want Miles to have this ability at all.

Clearly you, and many others, are missing the point. This isn't about hating the venom blast. It's about hating that it's OP. What happening to studying tapes of Peter fighting? It worked for Silk. What happened being smart? Wasn't Miles smart? He hasn't done a thing except beat a dozen of so thugs with kicks, but destroying everyone else, including 616 Peter with the blast.

As for Cyclops? Please. Poor excuse. The man trained since he was a teen and he uses battle field tactics to try and subdue any opponent or problem. And if he wanted to, Cyclops could use his optic blast in many ways that even lunch use ricocheting it off numerous things. He doesn't snap his finger and blow a hole in the side of a planet in over powered fashion.

The x-men had an overpowered character like Wolverine. They never sent him into a missions over the course of 50 or so issues and have him annihilate everything in path. Even he has lost or used his brain. The x-men have omega level psychics and not a single one shut down an opponent from miles away. But Bendis has Miles wiping the floor with everyone and it's totally cool with you people? But 616 Peter is married and you people lose your minds? Or 616 Peter is a businessman now and take the worse tripe in existence? This whole topic is extremely hypocritical.

The venom blast is not OP, by a long shot. It just freaks people out. Like those guys in that video who start fights and then take their pants off, and the other guy runs away.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Damn near perfect issue! Everything i was hoping it would be. The second I saw Bendis go with the venom blast i actually chuckled b/c part of me felt he did that on purpose just to troll those who always complain about it anyway. He pretty much made sure there was something for everyone: those who want to complain about Mile's powers were prompted to do that, those who defend it have a fair case to retort with and the rest of us who could really care less (raises hand) had many other subplots to muse over----> Peter/ Miles relationship moving forward; Mile's love life with a regular girl vs shipping with someone like Bombshell/Ms Marvel; his relationship with both his parents, one knowing and one not; and just his overall youthfulness, humor and having Ganke right there as the invaluable best bud.. just priceless fun stuff.

I'd give it a 9/10. I wasn't feeling how Miles was drawn in some panels but overall the art was very impressive. Can't wait for issue 2!
    Last edited by Rumble; 02-05-2016 at 05:32 PM.

Clearly you, and many others, are missing the point. This isn't about hating the venom blast. It's about hating that it's OP. What happening to studying tapes of Peter fighting? It worked for Silk. What happened being smart? Wasn't Miles smart? He hasn't done a thing except beat a dozen of so thugs with kicks, but destroying everyone else, including 616 Peter with the blast.

As for Cyclops? Please. Poor excuse. The man trained since he was a teen and he uses battle field tactics to try and subdue any opponent or problem. And if he wanted to, Cyclops could use his optic blast in many ways that even lunch use ricocheting it off numerous things. He doesn't snap his finger and blow a hole in the side of a planet in over powered fashion.

The x-men had an overpowered character like Wolverine. They never sent him into a missions over the course of 50 or so issues and have him annihilate everything in path. Even he has lost or used his brain. The x-men have omega level psychics and not a single one shut down an opponent from miles away. But Bendis has Miles wiping the floor with everyone and it's totally cool with you people? But 616 Peter is married and you people lose your minds? Or 616 Peter is a businessman now and take the worse tripe in existence? This whole topic is extremely hypocritical.
    But it isn't OP. It is one of Miles' many powers, yes, but contrary to popular belief there are a lot of fights that he did not use the Venom Blast to finish his opponents. Opponents such as the Green Goblin, Giant Woman, Electro (the second time), Batroc the Leaper, Roxxon, the Spider-Fly Twins, and many more. For some of these fights like the one with Norman he may have used the venom blast as an attack but he also used it several times going along his camouflage and with many barrages of punches and kicks. Hell, he even threw in a newspaper vending machine and a couch just to make sure.

Why doesn't he watch tapes of Peter fighting? He did at first but I think Miles wants to try and find his own way as Spider-Man. Their power set and skills and abilities are very different. So it would make sense that they fight differently. What happened to being smart? Miles was never a boy genius like Peter. He's regular kid smart. He used to get A's and B's because he used to study a lot. Heck, Miles doesn't even understand Peter's web formula that's why Ganke makes his web fluid.

Miles has only assumed the role of Spider-Man for about a year and half total if you count his initial time, before he quit for a year, plus the time since he came back. He's 15-16 at this point, and he still has a lot to learn. If he knew it all now and was utilizing tactics that were far and away out of the reach of the average boy his age it wouldn't be as fun. Right now he kind of wings it most of the time. It's as you'd expect high risk and high reward. You see, Miles is highly intuitive as a superhero but he's still a fair bit green. But I have a feeling that's going to change as he develops more of a mentorship relationship with Sam Wilson. In the Ultimate Universe Captain America was supposed to take Miles' under his wing for training but it was sidelined due to several universe wide events that got in the way. I think Bendis is going to get back to that a little with Captain America Sam Wilson and Miles both being on the Avengers squad. As he grows and learns as an Avenger I bet your going to see Miles' evolution and growth as superhero continue to flourish.

And Miles has lost before. The Ultimate Taskmaster has gotten the better of him twice now(And yes the Venom Blast did not work on him. He could also send it back at you. He could absorb powers after all). Giant Woman beat him in his first encounter with her. Spider-Woman beat him in his first encounter with her. Venom nearly killed him. If it wasn't for his mothers intervention he would've of died. Aaron was going to kill him but his weapon backfired and killed him instead. Ultimate Peter KO'd him. Doom Ko'd him in their first encounter. And there are a few more that I can't think of right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    The venom blast is not OP, by a long shot. It just freaks people out. Like those guys in that video who start fights and then take their pants off, and the other guy runs away.
    Exactly.

He's written smart enough to use an ability in his powerset to take out larger threats. It'd be foolish not to.

Thank you!

Miles is not Peter, those A's and B's he's getting is not a result of him being of high level intellect, those grades didn't come easy, point is, he's not gonna invent things to help in a fight. Mile's young, still inexperienced, he has to constantly adjust to his growing body, and he hasn't really decided to learn a fighting style that will help take on an opponent. He can only be creative, and it seems he was, he was throwing web balls (at least it looked like that) at Blackheart.

He needs to use every ability he has, and the only reason he doesn't use camouflage is b/c he's never put into a situation where he needs to use it.

Every time he uses his venom blast, it's all people focus on, it's not the other abilities he uses it with to defeat the villain, it's not how many times he uses it on an opponent. People call it over-powered b/c they're not actually paying attention b/c they are up in their feelings about this power, worst of all, we then get those fans who never read a comic with Miles in it, piggybacking off of wrong information to have a reason to continue to hate on Miles.

I don't see the problem with the venom-blast. It's part of his power-set why not use it? He was throwing web-balls and stuff in the fight so it's not like it's the only thing he does in a fight. I'm sure there'll come a time where it won't work on someone.