Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Cindy Moon (Silk) have Eidetic memory, so she is able to recall and learn Spider- Man (Peter's) moves easier and she was already an athlete (hokey player) before she was bitten. That is why studying videos of Peter's fight worked better for her than it did for Miles. Miles learned early on that he couldn't mimic Peter's moves and chose to follow his own instincts when he fought.

Miles was a normal 13 year old kid, when he got his powers, he was smart but not a genius like Peter.

Most of the time Mile's venom blast works, because he catches his opponent off guard and they become distorted, as was the case here, and it was not a complete knock out. As was stated before there where times when he used it and it didn't work.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 02-06-2016 at 11:49 AM.

This was really refreshing.

I don't read any Marvel anymore, but got this from a friend. Sara has really polished her art and Bendis hasn't been this entertaining in years. I kinda feel like he was channeling Stan Lee. Start with the battle shot, flashback to the lead up, back to the action, teaser last page. Loved it, 5 out of 5!

this was pretty awesome. i never read anything with miles in it other than secret wars. this is the spidey comic ive always wanted so im so glad its finally here (by the time i started reading comics, peter was waaaaay past this point)

as someone asked earlier, is Spider-Men considered essential reading for someone to get the full extent of everything going on here?
    Current Pull List:
    DC (Rebirth): All-Star Batman, Aquaman, Batman, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, Justice League
    Marvel: Amazing Spider-Man, Black Panther, Black Widow, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Ms. Marvel, Power Man and Iron Fist, Spider-Gwen
    Image: The Walking Dead
    Dark Horse: Dept-H

Titles that I wish I could afford to also follow
    All-New All-Different Avengers, Scooby Apocalypse

I had checked out by Spider-Men and don't plan on going back if that helps. I didn't get the mom I won't spoil why if your going to backtrack. I'm just gonna get issue 2 and hope it's as good as issue 1.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I don't see the problem with the venom-blast. It's part of his power-set why not use it? He was throwing web-balls and stuff in the fight so it's not like it's the only thing he does in a fight. I'm sure there'll come a time where it won't work on someone.
    It didn't really work on 3 people and people ignore that, but those types of people are who should be a part of Miles rogues gallery.

- someone with a costume resistant to electricity.
    - someone with resistant skin and high durability.
    - abilities that counteract Miles.

Miles also needs villains who does long distance fighting, so he can't get close to do his signature attack.

Quote Originally Posted by rellum View Post
    this was pretty awesome. i never read anything with miles in it other than secret wars. this is the spidey comic ive always wanted so im so glad its finally here (by the time i started reading comics, peter was waaaaay past this point)

as someone asked earlier, is Spider-Men considered essential reading for someone to get the full extent of everything going on here?
    No, it's not essential, it is a nice read tho.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Nope, but Bendis mentioned in CBR interview todayu that someone else from the Ultimate Universe may be dropping in at the end of issue #3. But then I also believe a while back he said Goldballs would be in the book, so it could just be him.
    Maybe it's Jimmy Hudson.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    It didn't really work on 3 people and people ignore that, but those types of people are who should be a part of Miles rogues gallery.

- someone with a costume resistant to electricity.
    - someone with resistant skin and high durability.
    - abilities that counteract Miles.

Miles also needs villains who does long distance fighting, so he can't get close to do his signature attack.

No, it's not essential, it is a nice read tho.
    I know it didn't work on three people, I've read every issue there's been of Miles but I do agree that he needs a villain who does long distance fighting and I'm sure he'll get one of those at some point so I'm just going to wait patiently for it LOL.

Also, I agree with what you said about Spider-Men it's not essential but it's a good read.

BANNED

Venom blast is a ranged attack that can one shot the likes of Taskmaster and Doctor Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I know it didn't work on three people, I've read every issue there's been of Miles
    I wasn't implying anything, just using your comment to further emphasize my point to certain individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post
    Venom blast is a ranged attack that can one shot the likes of Taskmaster and Doctor Doom.

I forgot about that, so a long distance fighter wouldn't work with that, but I believe Miles used his venom blast, while his web was connected an individual, in which case a long distance fighter might still work.

As for the venom bomb, idk if we'll ever see that, and if we do it'll probably only be in life or death situations or rather what Miles considers life or death.

I wasn't implying anything, just using your comment to further emphasize my point to certain individuals.
    Never thought you were, merely letting you know

Quote Originally Posted by Drz View Post

I forgot about that, so a long distance fighter wouldn't work with that, but I believe Miles used his venom blast, while his web was connected an individual, in which case a long distance fighter might still work.

As for the venom bomb, idk if we'll ever see that, and if we do it'll probably only be in life or death situations or rather what Miles considers life or death.
    Hm, it looks like Lightning. No wait, static. So it needs a base to work from but it can travel and hit. So Miles needs an aerial adversary.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

(Copy and paste frome the preview thread)
    Not sure how many people in this board followed Miles from the Ultimate Universe but that is why I picked up this book. If you have read any of Bendis writing Miles, this is exactly the same as every, single, freaking, repetitive, Miles story that has ever happened. Miles see's a fight/emergency, he has some self doubt, he shows up to a big fight with all the A-listers (Cap, Iron Man, etc) and all the A-listers take a dive, Miles hits the bad guy with his venom blast, Miles saves the day. It is so laughably predicable, it is so predictable that I actually have stopped expecting it to happen because I didn't think that Bendis would do it again. I was wrong. This issue gets a D- for me.

I obviously have to agree with those that think the Venom Blast is OP or whatever term you want to call it. What I don't understand is why this would effect Blackheart so much but Iron Man didn't have a ranged version of an electric blast or Thor didn't straight melt him with actual lightning. If we are all agreeing that it is electricity based then Thor shows up and it's game over. I wish Bendis would use the Venom Blast as something other than a quick KO for Miles, I'm just chalking this issue up to Bendis trying to put Miles over so he can run with the Avengers. I held on Ultimate Spider-Man until the end because of my love for the Ultimate Universe, I don't have that as an excuse anymore and I already find myself questioning why I am buying a book I probably won't like.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Seriously nobody picked up on Blackheart getting up and walking away means that the venom sting didn't KO him? It's right there in the comic, 99% of the "complaints" aren't even complaints it's just hoops to come up with for no reason even though the comics itself debunks all of these hoops.

"He has self doubt all the time"

Yeah so did Parker until Dan Slott moved past that and now fans are crying how they don't want that in a self assure Parker

Online comic fans, give them a second and they'll come up with anything to complain about logic be damned

Mighty Member

I unsurprisingly loved the issue. I'm late to the Miles game, but I read the three "Complete Collections" recently in one huge binge. I had no doubt that I would like this book, since it has the same creative team that I really like, plus now it has the added bonus of being in the "real" Marvel universe.

It's really refreshing to see a positive response to a new book. Very little "Bendis= automatic-dislike without reading" going on, it seems. Main complaints seem to from the Comic Book Guys crowd, which is to be expected to some degree. So it's nice to see a book seemingly get read and honestly judged. Maybe it's easier to get that with the newer characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Seriously nobody picked up on Blackheart getting up and walking away means that the venom sting didn't KO him? It's right there in the comic, 99% of the "complaints" aren't even complaints it's just hoops to come up with for no reason even though the comics itself debunks all of these hoops.

"He has self doubt all the time"

Yeah so did Parker until Dan Slott moved past that and now fans are crying how they don't want that in a self assure Parker

Online comic fans, give them a second and they'll come up with anything to complain about logic be damned
    Based on your generalisation of all online comic fans, shouldn't you be complaining about anything then?