Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default All New Inhumans #3 Discussion (Spoilers!!!)

HA! So the theory that something about the RIV being Inhuman was right!! And his name is Hub! Love it!

Swain being an empath doesn't really surprise me. It was kind of hinted when Crystal referred to Swain as a charmer.

Naja speaks Spanish. Very interesting. InhumansForever pointed out on Tumblr that one of the phrases she says is pretty particular to the Dominican Republic. Also, Naja kicking so. much. ass.

Pan healing the poor experimental humans from the last issue and putting the one guy out quickly and painlessly. I think she made a good call myself. Her lack of emotions really is a nice contrast to her powers.

Flint being an advisor. That's awesome and I think really fitting.

I need to reread to form more thoughts on Grid.

Gorgon why didn't you pull Swain out of her sleep thing?

I'm beginning to wonder how much for Crystal's confidence is a front - you know fake it til you make it sort of. Not in her powers...but in leading this expedition in general
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    HA! So the theory that something about the RIV being Inhuman was right!! And his name is Hub! Love it!...
    I know, it's so freaky - perfect for The Inhumans!

... Swain being an empath doesn't really surprise me. It was kind of hinted when Crystal referred to Swain as a charmer. ...
    I think we may have just scratched the surface, of what Jovana can do.

... Naja speaks Spanish. Very interesting. InhumansForever pointed out on Tumblr that one of the phrases she says is pretty particular to the Dominican Republic. Also, Naja kicking so. much. ass. ...
    I really liked this development too, it gives her even MORE flavor.

... Pan healing the poor experimental humans from the last issue and putting the one guy out quickly and painlessly. I think she made a good call myself. Her lack of emotions really is a nice contrast to her powers. ...
    Yes, Ash being a healer who's seemingly so detached, is an odd but intriguing combination.

... Flint being an advisor. That's awesome and I think really fitting. ...
    Agreed, and I'm really liking Jason a lot, he's my kind of hero - righteous!

... I need to reread to form more thoughts on Grid. ...
    Oh, I like Dinesh also, and how emotive he is in the wearing of his heart on his sleeve.

... Gorgon why didn't you pull Swain out of her sleep thing?...
    Maybe the malevolent Thahn Ng had him otherwise... occupied.

... I'm beginning to wonder how much for Crystal's confidence is a front - you know fake it til you make it sort of. Not in her powers...but in leading this expedition in general
    IDK, I think she's doin' great with Flint, and I like the approach she's taking in guiding & training him. I appreciate the careful consideration she has as well, for each decision she makes, regarding their next move forward. I think she's gonna make an exceptional, and formidable, "general" for The Inhumans.

Naja was really great in this issue!! (figures, since she was on the cover and all - one of my many favorite panels is the one that replicates what she's doing on the cover, actually) And l'm really glad we got to see her speak Spanish - we don't know much about her so any little thing is great.

I've been reading Swain as an empath for a while (someone mentioned it somewhere a while back and it made so much sense that I've been running with it) but I didn't expect her connection to Hub to be so vital to the everyday running of their ship. Didn't expect things to be quite so horrible for Hub either, although obviously it's better now than it was for him at first.

I think Gorgon's connection with Swain got cut off, since it seemed like they were supposed to be able to be in contact. But what I'm wondering now is how much waking her up would help the situation. And maybe whether it'd be better for him to join her in the dreamscape/fight against Thanh Ng. Everyone else on the team is occupied/not in much of a position to do anything so I think his actions could prove to be really important. Plus if he helps save the day maybe it helps him feel less useless?

Extraordinary X-Man redrunner97's Avatar

I definitely hope Gorgon goes into the dreamscape and is able to use his legs again to defeat this nightmare guy (straight out of A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors).

Overall, I really loved this issue. All-New Inhumans has been consistently amazing. Great writing that really gets these characters, fantastic art, and a phenomenal story arc that gives each character their share of characterization. I think Swain will be the Reader of this book, the new character who gets close to the royal family and quickly becomes a fan favorite.
    MY TOP 5 MARVEL HEROES:
    BLACK BOLT | CYCLOPS | SPIDER-MAN 2099 | WICCAN | MS. MARVEL

MY TOP 5 DC HEROES:
    BATMAN | MIDNIGHTER | SWAMP THING | INFINITY MAN | NIGHTWING

SPIDER-MAN 2099 APPRECIATION THREAD | MAN-THING APPRECIATION THREAD

BANNED

Good issue. Uncanny Inhumans is still my favorite of the two Inhumans books but this is pretty terrific in its own right.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I'm beginning to wonder how much for Crystal's confidence is a front - you know fake it til you make it sort of. Not in her powers...but in leading this expedition in general
    I've been thinking the same thing since issue 2 so I'm glad it's not just me that feels that way regarding Crystal's confidence in leading the expedition. I'm loving the fact she's having such a big role in All-New Inhumans though.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

I love everything Soule is doing with the Inhumans. Uncanny is superb and i'm loving how it's quite family centred.

Can we also just take a moment to state that he's done a fantastic job in creating NuHumans to populate the universe: Naja, Swain, Reader, Iso, Inferno, Flint, Ash (I know she has a code name but I can't spell it). These are all fantastic characters who I'm already connecting with more than other characters who've been around for decades.

Where is Inferno though? It seemed as though he was the POV character in the original Inhuman series but now he's nowhere to be seen...

This was another great issue. It felt quite epic at time, especially with Swain and the RIV. But Soule and Asmus still found time for great character moments. In my opinion, that is what separates good writers from the great writers.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I hadn't thought about Inferno. Maybe he's coming back at a later date? Either that or they decided to leave him in limbo after Secret Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Where is Inferno though? It seemed as though he was the POV character in the original Inhuman series but now he's nowhere to be seen...
    I guess they figured he was too derivative and quietly moved him out of focus, since he's pretty much just another Human Torch.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Swain being an empath/Captain = Awesome
    Disembodied Inhuman being creepy as hell = Awesome
    Panacea/Grid/Naja dynamic = Awesome
    Panacea in general = Awesome

This issue was great, the art was beautiful, and I'm loving all the characters at this point. All we need now is a good conclusion to this arc and I'll be ecstatic. Can't wait to read the next issue.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I've been thinking the same thing since issue 2 so I'm glad it's not just me that feels that way regarding Crystal's confidence in leading the expedition. I'm loving the fact she's having such a big role in All-New Inhumans though.
    Quote for Truth. 100% agree with you here! I think she's handling the NuHumans really very well - but there just seems to be this melancholy or air of doubt surrounding her. She certainly seems a little reluctant to do the job as well. Soule and Asmus have a great handle on Crystal and I am so happy about that.Black Widow may have gotten me into comics but Crystal is neck and neck with her for favorite Marvel Character ever. (Jessica Drew very close behind as well ha)

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    I love everything Soule is doing with the Inhumans. Uncanny is superb and i'm loving how it's quite family centred.

Can we also just take a moment to state that he's done a fantastic job in creating NuHumans to populate the universe: Naja, Swain, Reader, Iso, Inferno, Flint, Ash (I know she has a code name but I can't spell it). These are all fantastic characters who I'm already connecting with more than other characters who've been around for decades.

This was another great issue. It felt quite epic at time, especially with Swain and the RIV. But Soule and Asmus still found time for great character moments. In my opinion, that is what separates good writers from the great writers.
    Not sure where he is - I did just now ask both Charles Soule and James Asmus on Twitter if we'll be seeing him again. Oh hey he got back to me while I was typing this up - He said "Read Uncanny".

Quote Originally Posted by Child of the Past View Post
    Swain being an empath/Captain = Awesome
    Disembodied Inhuman being creepy as hell = Awesome
    Panacea/Grid/Naja dynamic = Awesome
    Panacea in general = Awesome

This issue was great, the art was beautiful, and I'm loving all the characters at this point. All we need now is a good conclusion to this arc and I'll be ecstatic. Can't wait to read the next issue.
    Once again I 100% agree with this. I also think Hub is a pretty rad concept for an Inhuman. I agree with others who said Swain is quickly becoming a favorite of mine. I hope she and Gorgon find a way out of the bind there all in. I also kind of hope Crystal turns that prison she's in into a pressure cooker and busts out it that way (the glass may not be breakable but it doesn't have a glass top ha). Cause that would be freaking awesome.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Mighty Member

This book is AWESOME!

There was not a page in this book not worth reading.

The Crystal and Flint conversation was really nice.

Naja, Grid and Panacea interaction was wonderful. Naja was totally badass, and I like that we are getting some hits about her background.Panacea is turning into a very interesting character a healer that lacks emotions who is will to kill when it is deemed the best medical options.

But the Swain/Thahn Ng parts were outstanding.

Loving the character, story art so far.

Cannot wait for the next issue.
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-29-2016 at 08:36 PM.

Hai ZuLuLU! Glad to hear you are enjoying the Inhumans as much as the rest of us! The character building in this issue was nothing short of fantast I agree. I'm sure it's going to be.... explosive. (Ok I'm gonna go back to my corner now for that one).

Mighty Member

Hai ZuLuLU! Glad to hear you are enjoying the Inhumans as much as the rest of us! The character building in this issue was nothing short of fantast I agree. I'm sure it's going to be.... explosive. (Ok I'm gonna go back to my corner now for that one).
    This book have exceeded my expectations. Soule is doing such a great job with these Inhuman titles,
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-29-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

I am loving Flint's role in this! He's really moving up in the world (his niche of it, anyway), and I'm pleased to see he's considered advisor material. I'm loving his continued introspection as well.

This does make me wonder about Inferno even more, though.

Naja taking charge is pretty cool, too, though we still don't know much about her.

Last but not least, it's interesting to see that they are intending to develop Swain into something in addition to being the bubbly individual/comic relief. That other guy was truly menacing, though; shows what hate can do to a person.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 01-30-2016 at 03:45 PM.