Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Yay for another DC Crossover.

Now if only they could bring Constantine back full time on Arrow. Since NBC isn't going to revive the show or release the 13 episodes they aired on DVD or digital stream

They might do that eventually, but I doubt they'd do the race story while Barry is so consumed with battling Zoom. Still, I can't wait to see where they take this.

As for the ratings- from what I understand, first the show was preempted for a few minutes, and it was going head to head with X-Files.

Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Yay for another DC Crossover.

Now if only they could bring Constantine back full time on Arrow. Since NBC isn't going to revive the show or release the 13 episodes they aired on DVD or digital stream
    It's available on iTunes.

Is it possible that the Supergirl earth is the Flash's Earth 2, thus a different reality?
    "You address omnipotence. Tread carefully."

Quote Originally Posted by GDC3 View Post
    Good stuff. Haven't watched Supergirl since the second episode. Definitely checking out the Flash episode though.
    You've got to be kidding me.

You didn't watch the debut of the Martian Manhunter (which was awesome) nor did you watch J'onn battle with the White Martians featuring flashbacks to his origin and actual dialogue in Martian?

Are you kidding me? Those episodes alone are must-see. Go to CBS.com and watch 'em; they're excellent!

And this crossover means next month we're going to get Supergirl, The Flash and the Martian Manhunter all in the same episode!!

This is going to be an instant classic Berlanti episode!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    It's available on iTunes.
    Is it? I'll look for it then. I normally use Amazon and VUDU to watch my shows.

Edit:
    I just checked Itunes, and I don't see it. They have the Keanu Reeves movie but not the NBC series.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 02-03-2016 at 01:27 PM.

This crossover should be fun. I concur about Cisco going gaga over Kara.
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Mighty Member

I guess I'm not convinced this needs to be an alternate reality crossover. We've already had Oliver mutter that the name Oracle was taken, hence a Batman reference beyond using his rogue's gallery on Arrow. It stands to reason and doesn't surprise me at all that Superman hasn't been referenced yet. DC heroes have always sort of stayed in their own city unless teaming up.

On the one hand, I think this is a somewhat stupid idea on the whole story/continuity/whatever side of the debate, but on the other hand both shows are really fun and this crossover can only be twice the fun so color me tickled! Also, not really surprising news given how much they've been hinting or somehow alluding to a Flash/Supergirl crossover past several months. Almost seems like two weeks can't pass by without a thread about it somehow, so glad it's finally a done deal.

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    I guess I'm not convinced this needs to be an alternate reality crossover. We've already had Oliver mutter that the name Oracle was taken, hence a Batman reference beyond using his rogue's gallery on Arrow. It stands to reason and doesn't surprise me at all that Superman hasn't been referenced yet. DC heroes have always sort of stayed in their own city unless teaming up.
    Well, in Legends of Tomorrow, Rip Hunter says this line, regarding the bad future from where he comes from:"I have seen Man of Steel die, and Dark Knights fall.".

Quote Originally Posted by davew128 View Post
    If a) Flash has introduced a plot device that specifically allows for visiting alternate realities, b) we've somehow never heard about Superman, Supergirl, or a bunch of alien villains running rampant on Arrow/Flash, and c) the two shows are on different networks and unlikely to cross over to the same extent as Arrow, Flash, and LoT, I think it's safe to assume that the Flash & Supergirl are on different Earths.

Well, in Legends of Tomorrow, Rip Hunter says this line, regarding the bad future from where he comes from:"I have seen Man of Steel die, and Dark Knights fall.".
    That was just in one of the trailers for the show. Fans love to jump on these little in-jokes and references (like the Oracle mention), and parade them around as solid proof that Superman and Batman somehow exist in the CWverse, instead of taking them for the little in-jokes & references that they are.

Magick is Everywhere

Cue the "It's Happening" gifs.

So. Damn. Stoked.

Since they're on consecutive nights, they should have done a 4-parter with Arrow and Legends.

Four shows on two networks over four nights? That would have to make TV history I'd assume.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by areacode212 View Post
    If a) Flash has introduced a plot device that specifically allows for visiting alternate realities, b) we've somehow never heard about Superman, Supergirl, or a bunch of alien villains running rampant on Arrow/Flash, and c) the two shows are on different networks and unlikely to cross over to the same extent as Arrow, Flash, and LoT, I think it's safe to assume that the Flash & Supergirl are on different Earths.
    That's your opinion. Thankfully I don't share it.

It also ignores the facts that as characters, neither Flash nor GA tend to spend time facing aliens. Flash does face time travelers and alternate reality/future people by the very nature and application of his powers. GA doesn't. Also, given the nature of how Flash/Arrow operate as shows, both teams are pretty grounded in their home cities where aliens tend not to go. Not sold? Recall back to the first episode of JLU. GA was forcibly beamed to the Watchtower because he ignored the invitation and wanted no part of fighting aliens and monsters.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Supergirl specifically mentions how she and Superman are their worlds only heroes. So the alternate Earth theory isn't entirely outside the realm of possibility. But given the fact that a crossover was still up in the air (no pun intended) at that time, they may just decide to ignore that particular comment. I personally hope they are all in the same universe but that would put a lot of pressure on CBS to sign off on things like an annual crossover. Don't see them doing that. Either way, it'll be fun to see! Wonder if the crossover will coincide with the movie coming out.