Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Wasp
    Wiccan
    Them's fightin' words.

I could do without Cable, Deadpool, or anything else Liefeld created. Also not a fan of the new Jean Grey, but we'll see how that shakes out.

I really don't think I hate any one character, but some of the current teen heroes can be insufferably obnoxious depending on who's writing them. Coulson and Jr coming out of Battle Scars really rubbed me the wrong way too.
    Currently Reading: DC: Shazam /// MARVEL: Daredevil, Invaders, Winter Soldier /// IMAGE: Seven to Eternity /// TITAN: Bloodborne

Upcoming Reading:

Trade Waiting: IMAGE: East of West, Black Road, The Black Monday Murders /// DARK HORSE: Hellboy, Witcher

BANNED

As has been said by others, any character can be written to be interesting. That said, Wolverine in his prime was the worst for me. So f##ked out, the bad-ass samurai type who would never draw his sword unless he must (which he must every damned issue), the catchphrases, being in every other comic I read. Luckily he's dead now, but while I enjoy Deadpool I get where other people might feel the same about him (and his whole schtick is being annoying).

Punisher - Outside of Ennis no one can do him correctly. Either use him with dark humor or advance the story to the next level. It's like watching a hamster wheel now. I got ideas, call me Disney.

Namor - So he's a mega, confident king douchebag that can whip the collective asses of the FF & go shot for shot with the Hulk. He's a frenemy to Dr. Doom & is willing to kill/invade at the drop of a hat. ++ bonus points for having diplomatic immunity. How is he not Deadpool hawt? Sort out the movie rights then watch Namor gets an instant upgrade.

Inhumans - I have never brought a Inhumans book in over 30+yr of collecting. Certainly not starting now.

Ghost Rider - So much potential in such a unique & interesting looking character & they can't do a thing with it. 2 failed movies proves that the same old ideas is not going to gain traction. I got ideas, call me Disney but they don't have to balls to do what I have in mind.

Ghost Rider - All versions
    X-Men - I can count the X-Men I like on one hand.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Daken is a character I just find annoying. He's decades old but acts like a whiny emo teenager unable to get over his daddy issues. He is always more interesting when his story has nothing to do with Wolverine. As soon as his father becomes involved, Daken becomes unbearable. Also, he's a monster whose pheromones always felt kinda rape-y.
    ^ Agreed. Daken is basically the worst. Even if they removed the whining and the molester vibe, he'd still just be a crappier version of his dad, with dumber claws (what the hell is the actual point of the one coming out of his wrist?) and douchebag tribal ink. Bleurgh.

Honestly, if they wanted a vengeful child of Wolverine, they should've applied a bit more thought and made him something like a polar opposite to Logan; a swarthy, super-clever Lex Luthor type who claims the moral high ground because he never bloodies his hands directly, all the while killing hundreds indirectly. Instead, we got "I hate Logan so much, I'm gonna be exactly like him!" Stupid.

Don't care for Logan much either. Just an infinite cycle of 'stabs someone, feels bad about it, reluctantly called back to action, repeat'. Boring boring boring.

And I'll never like Rogue. I could forgive the stuff with Carol, but then she broke Domino's heart in the Wolverine and the X-Men cartoon as well. F*** you trailer scum, leave my favourites alone!
    The X-Books Board is wretched and does not deserve the Domino Appreciation Thread.

BANNED

I find Deadpool more annoying then funny but I'm still looking forward to his movie.

Pretty much ends there, though for awhile when the X-Men movies were Wolverine centered I had a grudge on the charater.

Don't dislike either though but Wade I feel indifferent to.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Favourite: Peter Parker
    Least: Maria Hill.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Hope Summers - a colossal waste of time and space

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

America Chavez - her intro in "Vengeance" gave me no reason to care about this character and it didn't improve in YA

Punisher - Since there's been no more Death Wish movie sequels he should have been retired at the same time. I did like it when Cap beat the snot out of him in CW. That should happen more often. Heroes should just beat him up whenever they encounter him or he should be locked up in a psychiatric hospital. Even if he does kill bad people he's a serial killer many times over and it's not a form of justice that should be encouraged.

Deadpool - I don't really hate him but don't get his popularity

I have to admit after loathing Squirrel Girl and her off panel defeats the current series is a good spot for her. It's a fun title that takes in its own little corner of the MU

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Forever View Post
    Who do you really dislike among all the Marvel characters?
    Maggot, but I don't think we'll be seeing him anymore.

Sandy Hausler

Fantastic Member

I genuinely don't think that I despise ANY character. I CAN be put off characters when rampant fanboyism takes over, and "prize fighter" versus forum mentality sets in.
    All characters are okay. Until over zealous fans put me off.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Last_Czarnian View Post
    I genuinely don't think that I despise ANY character. I CAN be put off characters when rampant fanboyism takes over, and "prize fighter" versus forum mentality sets in.
    All characters are okay. Until over zealous fans put me off.
    I honestly never got this argument. What have fans of certain characters to do with how you like a character in a comic book?
    I for example don't care how over zealous Batman fans want to portray him as an infallible god who can beat anyone given enough "prep time". He is still a good and enjoyable character.
    When I read a comic Im not reading comments from random nobodies on an internet forum after all.
    "This is me being reasonable"

These days as an adult (or as someone trying to be one ), I don't have any serious 'hate-on' for pretty much all characters. When I was younger (I.E. in my pre-teens and teens), I did have my 'The Fantastic Four are better than everyone else and ESPECIALLY the X-Men!!' phase, and I'm very glad and proud to say that I did finally grow out of that. I really can't even say I hate/dislike Deadpool and Squirrel Girl (despite once saying I royally disliked her a few months ago...but quite admittingly, that was gamer frustration at the time more than anything else), at times not understand their uber-appeal, but really not to the point of hate/dislike.
    "Yes, I can do that!" - Ivan Lawrence Blieden

"The true is inimitable, the false untransformable." - Robert Bresson

"The boundaries which divide life from death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?" - Edgar Allan Poe

"Those who believe need no explanation." - Dionysos, The Bacchae by Euripides

Marvel Future Fight: InimitableMaven, Alliance: Fates Law / Yahtzee With Buddies: TheInimitableMaven

Most characters can be redeemed with the right writer; but the few I don't like are:
    Steve Rogers
    Squirrel Girl (it is simply not a funny concept)
    Cassie Lang
    Atlas
    Beast
    the Punisher (he's soooooo hypocritical)
    Wolverine (they destroyed him by giving him too much focus and importance)

Everyone else is awesome!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 02-04-2016 at 11:06 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."