Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    Boy, you are a hater. How can anyone hate Hawkeye?

Sandy Hausler
    Out of everyone that's posted in the thread, I'm the hater? lmao

I don't like Clint because I find him to be a frustrating man-child. I think Fraction's story was really well told, beautifully depicted, and realistic (for a superhero comic book), but he's just not someone I really want to read about.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Squirrel Girl
    Young Jean Grey
    Old man Rogers
    Magneto
    Molecule Man
    Hawkeye
    Bendis
    ANAD Vision
    Scarlet Witch
    Thanos

Fantastic Member

Squirrel Girl just annoys me.
    Thanos is overused
    Aurora

Everyone else is pretty okay, but I guess my least favorite is trying to "heroize" the villain. Part of defining the hero, is the quality of the villain. By woobifying the villain, it not only takes away an intriguing antagonist, but it also diminishes the hero, in my opinion.

I would have to say no one, I have disliked some characters due to way they were written at one time: scarlet witch, Steve Rogers, Beast etc. But I have enjoyed those characters in deferent stories by different writers.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

The Stacy Twins.

Characters that are bad both conceptually and in execution.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

TBH, he hasn't been very tolerable for me since the whole Mockingbird thing.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Incredible Member

Squirrel Girl
    Sentry
    All symbiotes after Venom
    Hellfire Brats
    Norman Osborn
    Every version of Hyperion ever
    Red Hulk
    Cyclops
    Steve Rogers
    Quentin Quire
    Glob
    Doop
    Jean Grey in every shape and form
    Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Oh yeah! Quentin Quire! I forgot about him.
    Don't like Fantomex, either, especially the multiple versions of him running around these days.
    Come to think of it, Beak and Angel Salvadore were the only Morrison creations I liked.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

BANNED

Sandy Hausler
    I also hate Hawkeye, mainly because his Ultimate Marvel counterpart WAS an a-hole that single handed caused ULTIMATUM, which irreversibly ruined Earth-1610.

Also, because his super lame MCU counterpart replaced Hank Pym in the Avengers.

He also always felt like a pathetic rip off of Green Arrow, who is more interesting. I do like Pizza Dog from the Fraction series.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-05-2016 at 12:13 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MyriVerse View Post
    Oh yeah! Quentin Quire! I forgot about him.
    Don't like Fantomex, either, especially the multiple versions of him running around these days.
    Come to think of it, Beak and Angel Salvadore were the only Morrison creations I liked.
    Same, I thought their kids were adorable and Tito Jr., Beak's grandson, was badass in Here Comes Tomorrow. Tito Jr. could still exist, since Tito Sr. is the only mutant left in his family.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-05-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    Characters that we dislike? Surely we should be uniting, not dividing? Sharing in our love for characters, and quietly respecting those who we perhaps do not favour as strongly?

:-) Oh what the hell. Here's my list:

1. Captain America (Steve Rogers)

2. Private Steve Rogers

3. Nomad (Steve Rogers)

4. Old Steve Rogers

That said, I like the following:

1. MCU Captain America

2. House of M Captain America
    Hm. I'm beginning to sense a pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    Interesting Thread Idea Marvel Forever. :-)

So in answer to your Question about "Who do I Really Dislike among all the Marvel characters?" Well I guess here is my list Below:

>>>>>>>>>>!!NO ONE!!<<<<<<<<<<

Yea, 100% NO ONE I really Dislike and if I have said otherwise in the past even a little I don't anymore!

WHY.....Cause then I Don't have the Opportunity to have Adventures in their Stories and Find reasons to enjoy them to a level in a Story and the Story itself! If I go into a story with a preconceived belief that I Dislike this character then it already taints the story cause I really can't enjoy it. Reading Story and Characters is about learning about characters and taking in BOTH their Positives and Negatives, but NOT finding a reason to dislike them, usually I save THAT Energy for Real Life People.

So really Yea, NONE and I am Proud of that View!
    I knew you would say this CJ!!!! You like everyone, and that's why everyone likes you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Zolalnadia View Post
    I can't think of anyone I actively dislike, but I have a general apathy towards the X-men

And for those who dislike Deadpool, you should read "The Good the Bad & the Ugly" by Duggan, An excellent story that shows the darker side of Deadpool mythos, one of the best parts of the story is it shows Captain America and Wolverine starting to care for Deadpool and helping him along. which provides great context for why Rogers let Deadpool on the Uncanny Avengers.
    Yeah, I got the comics because Cap was in it. And it really turned out to be good little arc. One of my favorite parts is when spoilers:
    Cap stands on the bridge alone against a whole brigade of N. Koreans, and they're all to scared to fight him. It reminded me of Zhang Fei from Dynasty Warriors lore.
    end of spoilers. But on the whole it did improve my interest in Wade. I actually like him in UA now.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Vernedi View Post
    I also hate Hawkeye, mainly because his Ultimate Marvel counterpart WAS an a-hole that single handed caused ULTIMATUM, which irreversibly ruined Earth-1610.

Also, because his super lame MCU counterpart replaced Hank Pym in the Avengers.

He also always felt like a pathetic rip off of Green Arrow, who is more interesting. I do like Pizza Dog from the Fraction series.
    MCU Hawkeye is the absolute worst. Waste of a spot on a roster of iconic characters IMO.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ou·tré View Post
    MCU Hawkeye is the absolute worst. Waste of a spot on a roster of iconic characters IMO.
    Agreed. I'm also against Black Widow being on the team, specially after Brutasha, and would prefer a female superhero with actual superpowers to take her place. It's unacceptable the only females with superpowers on Earth are Quake and Scarlet Witch.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Man of Sin View Post
    The Stacy Twins.

Characters that are bad both conceptually and in execution.
    I wasn't fond of them either.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    Hm. I'm beginning to sense a pattern.
    I'm not being all that serious, but I thought I'd get into the spirit of things

I didn't particularly like him in my youth back in the 80s, and I sometimes think that the way he is without reservation revered by every other character in the Marvel Universe except for, well, actual Nazis is a little wearisome, and I suspect causes a bit of a reaction among non-Cap fans.

But, well, you can't really dislike a character that's been written by so many people, and that goes for most of the major character in the Marvel U. There's bound to be some iteration of the character that you're going to find likeable. Hell, I've even managed to find Hawkeye likeable, and my first impression of the character was that he a dunder-headed loudmouth with an inferiority complex and a "superpower" consisting of expertise in a weapon that was technologically superseded sometime in the 17th Century.

So all characters are great, even the ones that suck. Especially the ones that suck. They're the best of all, because they one day, some distant day in the future, may become great in the right creative hands