Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Coin Biter View Post
    I'm not being all that serious, but I thought I'd get into the spirit of things
    I'm just having some fun.

I didn't particularly like him in my youth back in the 80s, and I sometimes think that the way he is without reservation revered by every other character in the Marvel Universe except for, well, actual Nazis is a little wearisome, and I suspect causes a bit of a reaction among non-Cap fans.
    A fair point. I used to feel this way with Wolverine. He was always "guest starring" in everyone's book, I started to become jaded and burnt out on him. Now I think he's okay.

But, well, you can't really dislike a character that's been written by so many people, and that goes for most of the major character in the Marvel U. There's bound to be some iteration of the character that you're going to find likeable.
    True enough.

Hell, I've even managed to find Hawkeye likeable, and my first impression of the character was that he a dunder-headed loudmouth with an inferiority complex and a "superpower" consisting of expertise in a weapon that was technologically superseded sometime in the 17th Century.
    LMAO on your characterization of Hawkeye. C'mon, tell us how you really feel. LOL

So all characters are great, even the ones that suck. Especially the ones that suck. They're the best of all, because they one day, some distant day in the future, may become great in the right creative hands
    I can't argue with that.
    Last edited by tg1982; 02-05-2016 at 02:29 PM.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    But . . . the whole point of her character arc is that she's trying to move beyond the "ultra-violence." She wants to do what's right. Even with the messed-up childhood she had that means she should have no idea of the difference between right and wrong, she still genuinely tries her best to do what's right. It's a great character arc, and makes for a fascinating character that hearkens back to Logan at his absolute best (specifically, the era around the Claremont/Miller Wolverine mini).
    A) X-23.... Aristotle /Liu, Claremont(?)
    B) Wolverine mini.... (a golden mixture between A and C.) Bushido
    C) Daken.... Heraclitus, Nietzsche(as positive) /Way & Liu, Frank Miller

just in my opinion.
    Last edited by soyokaze; 02-06-2016 at 12:04 AM.

-The Inhumans. Boring, that word is everything that comes into my mind everytime I read their books, I tried to get into them but I just cannot stay awake when reading their books. Their mere presence on a book of characters I enjoy just makes me stop buying.
    -Deadpool. I understand why so many people like this annoying fool, I mean with how quick-meme, rapid-joke is our culture now I understand...it's still annoying.
    -Red Hulk. Crap character.
    -I want to say Wolverine but now everybody knows he is/was overexposed and his good days are way past him, this will happen to Deadpool (hopefully...).
    -Current Guardians of the Galaxy. This one pisses me off so I will just say it's personal preference.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ultrarider7 View Post
    -The Inhumans. Boring, that word is everything that comes into my mind everytime I read their books, I tried to get into them but I just cannot stay awake when reading their books. Their mere presence on a book of characters I enjoy just makes me stop buying.
    -Deadpool. I understand why so many people like this annoying fool, I mean with how quick-meme, rapid-joke is our culture now I understand...it's still annoying.
    -Red Hulk. Crap character.
    -I want to say Wolverine but now everybody knows he is/was overexposed and his good days are way past him, this will happen to Deadpool (hopefully...).
    -Current Guardians of the Galaxy. This one pisses me off so I will just say it's personal preference.
    Agreed on the bold sentences.

MCU is handling the Inhumans better than the comics. I like Joey Gutierrez and Quake/Daisy so far. I wish the comics would use Toro more often. He is after all an Inhuman, one of the more interesting ones, and his distinct purple flames make him stand out from Johnny Storm.

When Doc Green went around depowering the Hulks, he should have depowered Ross and killed him.

Deadpool is cancerous to the comics medium, at this point he has metastasized.

I didn't like the GOTG movie or the characters. It's no surprise I don't like them either in the comics.
    Last edited by Vernedi; 02-06-2016 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post

LMAO on your characterization of Hawkeye. C'mon, tell us how you really feel. LOL
    To be fair, Hawkeye does get things right sometimes.

image.jpg