Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cyberhubbs View Post
    Ben is actually Evil Gwen.

Bwen.
    Now you're bringing back memories of Ben 10 and the shipping of Ben and Gwen Tennyson, who were cousins that argued like siblings. Thanks. I like Von's post by the way, if only because it's unfortunately true to the common trend in modern Marvel events and storylines.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Now you're bringing back memories of Ben 10 and the shipping of Ben and Gwen Tennyson, who were cousins that argued like siblings. Thanks. I like Von's post by the way, if only because it's unfortunately true to the common trend in modern Marvel events and storylines.
    I prefer to be more positive than that, because otherwise I'd give up comics.

Quote Originally Posted by leokearon View Post
    http://comicvine.gamespot.com/articl...e/1100-143050/

A really good article from 5 years ago on how Ben come still be alive
    This could work.

Quote Originally Posted by FF-Fighter View Post
    This could work.
    well, if you get all in-universey and continuitish about it, there was also a scene where hank pym examined ben's dna and contrasted it with the dna from the smokestack skeleton. from memory he said the skeleton had a "genetic drift" which proved it was a clone, whereas ben's dna didn't...

dum dum dummmmm
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by Webhead View Post
    Nah I liked Norman saying Ben was just a "thing". It made him all the more scumbag-looking.
    Though he probably should gloat more about the fact that he actually killed Spider-Man for good. A clone yeah but very much the then-current Spider-Man.
    well, yeah...there is that.
    troo fan or death

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Would obviously LOVE to see Ben Reilly back.

It seems kind of crazy just how crowded the Spider-universe has gotten, yet still no Ben...

BANNED

If they bring Ben back I'd never want them to

a) make it an AU Ben, make it 616 Ben

or

b) say he was never really dead

He not only had Ben's memories but his death scene was so well done it deserves to be respected by at least saying it really was him who was dying. Just straight up resurrect him like Peter and Kaine have been ala the Other.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    He not only had Ben's memories but his death scene was so well done it deserves to be respected by at least saying it really was him who was dying. Just straight up resurrect him like Peter and Kaine have been ala the Other.
    I think they've pushed The Other as far as they can go with it at this point to use it as a cop out to resurrect another Spider-Man, I think it would be more likely for them to have the Jackal clone him or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, have been Osborn's prisoner for all these years.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Draegwolf View Post
    I think they've pushed The Other as far as they can go with it at this point to use it as a cop out to resurrect another Spider-Man, I think it would be more likely for them to have the Jackal clone him or, and I can't believe I'm saying this, have been Osborn's prisoner for all these years.
    Better idea.

Remember his girlfriend Desiree? She was a telepath. And she claimed she thought she could hear Ben or something after he died.

Retcon in that when he died she absorbed his conciousness and it's been dormant in her mind all this time.

Jackal creates a new clone body of Peter's and Desiree transfers Ben's mind into it.

Bam. Ben is back baby, and btw this new clone had a chromosone shifted to the left so he's a natural blonde.

Done.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spidercide View Post
    Better idea.

Remember his girlfriend Desiree? She was a telepath. And she claimed she thought she could hear Ben or something after he died.

Retcon in that when he died she absorbed his conciousness and it's been dormant in her mind all this time.

Jackal creates a new clone body of Peter's and Desiree transfers Ben's mind into it.

Bam. Ben is back baby, and btw this new clone had a chromosone shifted to the left so he's a natural blonde.

Done.
    Desiree, the blonde bombshell love interest that hung out at the Daily Grind, was a telepath? Was that established or is that part of your scenario?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesedique View Post
    Desiree, the blonde bombshell love interest that hung out at the Daily Grind, was a telepath? Was that established or is that part of your scenario?
    It was heavily hinted at at the time, but never confirmed or followed up on if I remember correctly. I can't remember exact issues, but one of them was during the Sensational Spider-Man story where Peter visits the Daily Grind.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JTait View Post
    It was heavily hinted at at the time, but never confirmed or followed up on if I remember correctly. I can't remember exact issues, but one of them was during the Sensational Spider-Man story where Peter visits the Daily Grind.
    In a Swarm 2 part story Ben does something which effects psychics and telepaths (we see Jean grey affected) and Desiree is affected too. So she has something going on.

All-New Member

I've been hoping and waiting for Ben to comeback for i guess about 18-19 years. It gets teased a whole lot and we had the Scarlet Spiders thing, but Ben seemed off in that to me. Marvel had me on that one issue of Kaine's series, but it was Kraven instead. It just always strikes me how Marvel had to kill him off in 97 because Spidey needed to be unique and now there are more variants of him then ever before.

Quote Originally Posted by Middle Age Spider-man View Post
    I've been hoping and waiting for Ben to comeback for i guess about 18-19 years. It gets teased a whole lot and we had the Scarlet Spiders thing, but Ben seemed off in that to me. Marvel had me on that one issue of Kaine's series, but it was Kraven instead. It just always strikes me how Marvel had to kill him off in 97 because Spidey needed to be unique and now there are more variants of him then ever before.
    i know what you mean- the characterisation in “scarlet spiders” was different to any of the (versions) of classic ben reilly, but i thought that was ok. For all intents and purposes, this was a future version of that character and i would have expected him to change and grow into.
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i know what you mean- the characterisation in “scarlet spiders” was different to any of the (versions) of classic ben reilly, but i thought that was ok. For all intents and purposes, this was a future version of that character and i would have expected him to change and grow into.
    Well when you think about it, this was a version of Ben who not only faced, but overcame every challenge that Peter had, including Amazing Spider-Man 700. Essentially he was a man that was on top of the world. Even when facing death, he had the thought of 'Who knows? Maybe I'll find some way to survive this too.' His sheer optimism was the reason that he of all Ben Reillys was chosen for the spider army.