Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

Default Batman Europa #4 Spoilers.

Soooooo the big bad was BANE!!! Didn't see that at all, so kudos there but honestly there didn't seem much motive behind what he did I felt and again Bane got taken down so easily. Though I appreciated the twist how they were each others cure, that was pretty smart. Art was great as always, hope DC put out a deluxe edition, if anything the book was great to look at. But overall I thought the arc was okay, feel like we needed 6 issues not 4 but I'd probably give it a 6.5/10.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Amazing Member

I thought the first 3 issues dragged on and all the action was crammed into the last issue. No reason was given for infecting the 2 of them. The story just felt like a mess. With that said I will read all 4 issues in one sitting and see if it sits better with me after that.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mdotluci View Post
    I thought the first 3 issues dragged on and all the action was crammed into the last issue. No reason was given for infecting the 2 of them. The story just felt like a mess. With that said I will read all 4 issues in one sitting and see if it sits better with me after that.

You need a reason? It's Bane. He wanted them both gone so he can rule Gotham.

This was a pretty good series with outstanding art. I will be rereading the whole arc in the next few days. Overall I enjoyed it.

I do like how DC shoved all the adverts at the back of the book as to not disturb the flow of the book.

CBR got me like.. Maxpower00044's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I do like how DC shoved all the adverts at the back of the book as to not disturb the flow of the book.

That as every issue if I remember. I was very happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxpower00044 View Post
    That as every issue if I remember. I was very happy about that.
    Yeah it was. With the gloss cover stock made $4.99 tag a bit more bearable. And I like how DK 3 has no adverts at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    Soooooo the big bad was BANE!!! Didn't see that at all, so kudos there but honestly there didn't seem much motive behind what he did I felt and again Bane got taken down so easily. Though I appreciated the twist how they were each others cure, that was pretty smart. Art was great as always, hope DC put out a deluxe edition, if anything the book was great to look at. But overall I thought the arc was okay, feel like we needed 6 issues not 4 but I'd probably give it a 6.5/10.
    Yep, very random plan from Bane, and if Batman (more or less broken down by a virus, none the less) can hand him his ass that comfortably there really is no point to the character. Still, that ending is Azzarello-y as hell, and the art continued to be great.
    Last edited by TheNewFiftyForum; 02-05-2016 at 06:04 AM.
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Overall this was a great art book but the plot was a miss, that they were each other's cures was tired and cliche and that a Batman who was having trouble seeing straight could beat Bane in a physical fight makes zero sense.

Mighty Member

Loved it. I was genuinely surprised how it ended. Kept the silver age feel up.

I was right about the blood/cure thing, but sadly not Joker and Batman kissing. But the ending made up for it

Quote Originally Posted by borntohula View Post
    Loved it. I was genuinely surprised how it ended. Kept the silver age feel up.

I was right about the blood/cure thing, but sadly not Joker and Batman kissing. But the ending made up for it
    Well it was close. In some pages it really looked like they would go for it.

BANNED

I thought Bane getting his backside kicked was an acceptable trade off, I'm more interested in the mind behind the muscle and Bane certainly showed great intellect in this series. He looked kind off like Javier Bardem imo,I'd love to have an Azz interview telling us about the continuity of this one. It must've happened immediately after No Mans Land.
    The fight itself could've been better thought out though.

Considering fight I think that key thing was swarm of bats that distracted Bane long enough for Batman to get in some hits. Before that he was basically breaking apart Joker and Batman. I think it could have used extra couple of pages to better show it, but I think that was the intent and not that Bane lost physical fight.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Well it was close. In some pages it really looked like they would go for it.
    It really toyed with the love/hate thing between them. Similar to the connection made between good and bad in each city in the story.

Quote Originally Posted by darkseidpwns View Post
    I thought Bane getting his backside kicked was an acceptable trade off, I'm more interested in the mind behind the muscle and Bane certainly showed great intellect in this series. He looked kind off like Javier Bardem imo,I'd love to have an Azz interview telling us about the continuity of this one. It must've happened immediately after No Mans Land.
    The fight itself could've been better thought out though.
    Azzarello is not one to give out too much, and especially not in interviews. I'm quite sure you're free to place it anywhere you want, in any continuity. Or it's own.

Personally. I read it as it's own story.

While I wasn't blown away by anything, I did still enjoy this book. Really liked the art in this last issue.

Thought the 4th issue was awful. I could sure do with less Azzarelo in Batman comics.