Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Poll: If "Dead No More" Refers to the Return of a Spider-Man Character, Who Do You Think It Will Be?

If "Dead No More" Refers to the Return of a Spider-Man Character, Who Do You Think It Will Be?

With Dan Slott confirmed as the writer of "Dead No More" and the latest spider-centric teaser, which fallen Spider-Man character will end up coming back to life?

Vote on the poll here.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I think it'll be Otto Octavius but I'd like it to be Silver Sable so I voted for her. Nice to see everyone has had at least one vote to their name though

Is Gwen dead? I thought they brought her back for Brand New Day. Just shows how little I've followed.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

LOL No they didn't bring her back in Brand New Day. Though there is an alternate Universe version of her running around now known as Spider-Gwen in Earth-65. And I'm sorry for laughing but it's just that Brand New Day feels like a lifetime ago now.

Spectacular Member DuskHarlekin's Avatar

If it is Gwen Stacy can we just cancel the Spider Line of books, to keep people safe from the total suckage.

Gut tells me it will be Otto cause that story isn't over yet and has been building for a while.

BANNED

Dan Slott has said Gwen would never come back as long as he's writing. He's lied before, but I think he feels very strongly about that.

Good money is on Doc Ock. Spidey's greatest enemy/very popular Superior Spider-Man protagonist.

My money is on Doc Ock. Just makes the most sense. The story is not over. I am wondering if maybe he comes back as a good guy though. Will be interesting.
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

Earth Defense Directorate buttler's Avatar

Clearly the correct answer is missing from the poll entirely: Fancy Dan!
    Blogging about Wonder Woman every Wednesday: theidiolect.com

How is there no "All of the Above, and More" option?

I can't believe people are still trying to figure out which single character return all this hype has been for; this kind of promotion doesn't make sense for any one character! But it does make sense for a story dealing with what death means to Peter Parker, specifically his many dead supporting cast members (of whom this poll only scratches the surface), and the morality of trying to stop or turn back death.

Slott obviously has an affinity for the breadth of the Spider-Man dead supporting cast roster, as touched on all throughout his run but most obviously in the "No One Dies" story from ASM 655 and 656, and the opening of ASM 700. I expect a lot of those characters to be in play, maybe kicking off with one particularly shocking return, who I would bet to be Uncle Ben.

Incredible Member

Jean DeWolff?

Incredible Member Highland Chicken's Avatar

Everyone who's close to spider-mans rogue gallery
    Probably Gwen and Ben as well
    In fact everyone who has ever died in a Spider-man comic.
    "I can talk to spiders"
    - Kaine Parker

While I think names like Uncle Ben and Gwen will be teased at the beginning of the story, I think Silver Sable is the character that will be alive at the end of the Event.
    She died during Slott's Ends of the Earth arc when Spidey vowed 'no one else dies' and Peter had to choose between her life and saving the entire world. He'll want to rectify that.
    "You can talk your way out of almost anything." - Fortune Cookie Proverb

T. Foolery's unwieldy, yet not entirely unimpressive, collection of funny books.

Superior Spider-fan Agent Scarlet's Avatar

I have a feeling this is going to go a totally different direction than everyone's expecting and involve the mysterious man in red who's collecting villians by bringing their loved ones back from the dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Scarlet View Post
    I have a feeling this is going to go a totally different direction than everyone's expecting and involve the mysterious man in red who's collecting villians by bringing their loved ones back from the dead.
    And I agree with that, even tough I'm pretty sure we will also see Otto Octavius back.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Foolery View Post
    While I think names like Uncle Ben and Gwen will be teased at the beginning of the story, I think Silver Sable is the character that will be alive at the end of the Event.
    She died during Slott's Ends of the Earth arc when Spidey vowed 'no one else dies' and Peter had to choose between her life and saving the entire world. He'll want to rectify that.
    I forgot that she died. Yeah, my money is on her then.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.