Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Why would they make such a big deal out of this if that's how it's going to pan out?

Also, been there, done that.
    Well, it does involve Spider-Man, after all. Also, if the story does involve this man in the red suit supposedly bringing people back from the dead in exchange for favors, then it's automatically suspect. Also, this wouldn't be the first something which had a seemingly straight-forward premise turns out to something else entirely. For example, the hook of "Spider-Island" was how everyone in New York City had the same powers as Spider-Man. Little did we know it quickly turned into a quasi-zombie apocalypse story when everyone began to mutating into half-human/half-spider monsters.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Ezekiel! I love him in JMS's run.
    How about Alex?

BANNED

It's going to be either Uncle Ben or Gwen Stacey. Or both. Maybe even Peter's parents but I don't think the majority of comic readers would even care about that. But the build-up to this storyline is the Man in Red granting villains their wishes to have their lost loved ones returned to them so if Peter gets that opportunity, it's not going to be "bring back Doc Ock!" or Silver Sable or Ezekiel and so on.

Also, if this is a storyline that's going to get media attention or hype as I expect it will, the return of Uncle Ben or Gwen would be the only two big names that would make it newsworthy outside of comic circles. I don't think the return of whoever it is will be a permanent one but it will be a big deal in the short term. I see this being a Monkey's Paw type scenario where Peter gets his greatest wish but it comes with a terrible price and it has to be undone.

But we'll see...

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DuskHarlekin View Post
    If it is Gwen Stacy can we just cancel the Spider Line of books, to keep people safe from the total suckage.
    Damn, I had no idea her corpse was so important.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xofer View Post
    Damn, I had no idea her corpse was so important.
    LMFAO Apparently it is Xofer!

Quote Originally Posted by rward777 View Post
    The same Slott who said Peter was never coming back when he was writing Superior Spider Man.
    This is a little bit different though. Gwen died in the age when death actually meant something in the comics, Peter died in the age where death is nothing more than a vacation nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    That's my guess, too. Not to mention who I believe the mysterious man in red is, emphasis on mysterious.

Same here. In fact I'll go even further and say that whoever comes back from the dead during this story will turn out to be Life Model Decoys.
    LMD's? Hmm..Interesting idea, don't think that'll be the case though but interesting theory stillanerd.

Why would they make such a big deal out of this if that's how it's going to pan out?

While I don't think it will be LMD's it wouldn't be the first time Marvel have hyped something that turned out not to be that big a deal. Although having said that I think this will be, or at least it should be given the promos and teasers LOL. Also, it could be a big story depending on how well it's executed as far as LMDs are concerned.

BANNED

Because the rest of the run has hyped up stuff that ended up being lackluster and a copout when all was said and done?

I like how in the other Dead No More thread, people were debating that Doc Ock couldn't be the answer because he's technically come back, but he has nearly half the votes in this poll, and more than twice as many as Gwen.

I voted with my heart. Ben Reilly

Niffleheim

We all know Ock is coming back so I voted Gwen but it could be anyone who has had influence on Peter. I feel like the character will have to be the voice of the readers who are not happy with Peter's new status. He/She will be used to wag their little finger at him for being successful and that he is living a life that is inauthentic or something close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Braun Rodman View Post
    I voted with my heart. Ben Reilly
    There are worse reasons to vote for someone/something.

BANNED

Maybe its not a person but rather a thing. The guy in red is running around and some have speculated its somehow Mephisto. So the thing that is dead no more is the marriage.

Probably not but none of the options in the poll seem worthy of all the hype "Dead No More" is getting which makes me think they are going in an unexpected direction.

Another possibility is that its not even a Spidey character. Jean Grey first came back in a Fantastic Four comic so maybe they are miming that by bringing back someone from another corner of the MU.

iMan 42s

I'm going with Ben Reilly because of how useful the character could become in the long run.

Ben Reilly would be very useful in the current run. Ben would look like Peter and be about as intelligent as he is. Either put him in the board room or send him out as Spider-man and suddenly Peter can be in two places at once. I'd find it kind of funny if a bunch of villains tried distracting spider-man by keeping him out of Parker industries, only to find their is yet another spider-man already there. It would also make things easier on continuity as anywhere Peter wasn't able to be in at the time you can say it was Ben. Even if Peter's identity was also compromised he also has an Iron Spider in his armory, so if he could "replicate" spider-man's powers then when standing next to Ben, no one would know any better. Ben would make a lot more sense as a stand-in than Prowler did. And so long as Miguel is off doing his own thing and Miles is hanging out with the Avengers and Peter or the Web warriors have no idea where Kaine is, if Ben was to come back than Peter would be able to solve this spider-man issue.

Also recalling Mister Negative, Peter is immune to Mister Negative but Ben Reilly wouldn't. If Martin Li became a recurring threat than Ben might become an unwitting saboteur.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post
    Maybe its not a person but rather a thing. The guy in red is running around and some have speculated its somehow Mephisto. So the thing that is dead no more is the marriage.

Probably not but none of the options in the poll seem worthy of all the hype "Dead No More" is getting which makes me think they are going in an unexpected direction.

Another possibility is that its not even a Spidey character. Jean Grey first came back in a Fantastic Four comic so maybe they are miming that by bringing back someone from another corner of the MU.
    If it ties into Renew Your Vows, then involving Mephisto would heighten an emphasis on the marriage. Though it does sound like people are coming back. Though it could involve both people and the marriage. It's just that a particular resurrection may be the most important.

I'd love for the answer to be Ben Reilly, but it'll probably go the route of trolling us all and be a concept for a story rather than any one character.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMindTrick View Post

I'd LOVE it to be the marriage that was dead no more but Marvel seem really, firmly entrenched against it so sadly I don't think so. As for the ''not even a Spidey character''. It's possible I suppose but I doubt it, can't say you're wrong though at least until we know who or what ''Dead No More'' is.