Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Amazing Member

Default All-New X-Men #32 Preview Page - SPOILERS

So Sara Pichelli posted this on her FB page...

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...80781514_o.jpg

EDIT: Title should say ANXM #32, instead of #30
    Last edited by CTG; 07-03-2014 at 08:24 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CTG View Post
    So Sara Pichelli posted this on her FB page...

https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...80781514_o.jpg

EDIT: Title should say ANXM #32, instead of #30
    30 is correct. Bendis posted it intially and stated it was from 30. She either wrote the incorrect number or they moved up the issue. It appears 30 on are more one shot type issues focusing on specific characters so they may be interchangeable. 30 Angel and SniktJr. 31 Iceman. 32...I would rather not mention. Just my summation though.

I don't really care which issue it's from. I'm just concerned that Bendis is making X-23 too OOC with her hooking up with O5 Angel so quickly after establishing something with O5 Cyclops. Now I didn't mind the way he developed things with O5 Cyclops. I thought it fit, given the context of X-23's arrival to the team. She needed someone to reach out to her. O5 Cyclops did that and they established something that didn't get overly serious. But if she drops that and moves onto O5 Angel this quickly, that's just pushing it. X-23 has had very few romantic entanglements for most of her existence. Her going from guy to guy isn't really her thing. Maybe this is some kind of dream sequence with O5 Angel, but my gut tells me this happens. X-23 will leave the team temporarily at the end of All New X-men #29 and it'll be O5 Angel who convinces her to come back. I'm usually wrong with my predictions, but this one feels like it might actually be right this time.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I don't get what the big fuss is about Laura and warren possibly hooking up.

Her and cyclops hugged. Hugged, for crying out loud. That's it.

Even if her and tyke DID do more than that, these are teenagers- not married people or people in long-term relationships for that matter.

I find it hilarious how much people are over analyzing the teen romantic relationships in a comic book- duh, we all know in hindsight how dumb our teenage years romances were. They are doing the same things most people do at that age- feelings coming and going quickly, thinking someone is the love of your life one day and then liking someone else the next.

P.s. Daggum, warren must be a good lay. Look how wrecked their bedroom is.

Incredible Member

I like this development, although Laura getting more page time is better than her standing in the background doing nothing. Also, the book has focused so much on Jean and Scott that this was probably a needed direction. I was pretty intrigue by the Laura and Scott hug marathon simply because they both are so withdrawn socially. He got his own solo for a while anyways, so I'd much prefer that. It's ok that Bendis is writing them like teens because they are teens and they should go around trying to find out what it is to be in a relationship but I hope he doesn't go overboard with X-23 because that's really not who she is.

BANNED

Grey,

The problem is that Laura and Warren have had NO interactions with each other aside for Warren briefly trying to bring her back when she was leaving at the beginning of the Brotherhood arc. Laura is hesitant and unsure of herself in relationships with the people she DOES interact with regularly, much less a random hook up with someone she's barely spoken to.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don't get what the big fuss is about Laura and warren possibly hooking up...
    I find it hilarious how much people are over analyzing the teen romantic relationships in a comic book- duh, we all know in hindsight how dumb our teenage years romances were. They are doing the same things most people do at that age- feelings coming and going quickly, thinking someone is the love of your life one day and then liking someone else the next.
    Yes'sir. Right out of my mouth. For one, there is no clear indication that there was anything other than sleeping that happened, she is not unclothed. In fact, an overshirt and panties is more than what some heroes wear as an outfit.
    On the other hand, if they did get to some activities, to me it is in character for both of them and they are teenagers (not children)...this happens, and frequently. SniktJr and Wings, go get yours! YOLO lol.

BANNED

As much as I want X-23 to get back with Hellion, I don't want Hellion to be written by Bendis so I have no choice but to accept Bendis assassinating X-23's character.

Are you guys being serious about the "nothing happened" angle in these panels ?

Anyway, I'm more bogged by the two of them randomly hooking-up than anything else.
    Typical with Bendis.
    "The means are as important as the end - we have to do this right or not at all.
    Anything less negates every belief we've ever had, every sacrifice we've ever made."

"Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely."

"No justice, no peace."

BANNED

X-23 equals Logan

The trope of Logan sleeping with multiple women throughout his life. X-23 is being painted that just with men. Let's have the count down start when the love triangle begins between Laura, Jean, & Scott.

BANNED

Other than age though, there really should be no issue with it. Many of the X-men are amorous, including the women. Look at Storm, Emma, Psylocke, Logan. Kurt, Colossus...actually I think one of the mutant side-effects is always being in heat.
    I say it again "Laurren", get yours! Own it. It doesn't alway have to equal love. It is like the Blue Lagoon up in heyyah!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I don't really care which issue it's from. I'm just concerned that Bendis is making X-23 too OOC with her hooking up with O5 Angel so quickly after establishing something with O5 Cyclops. Now I didn't mind the way he developed things with O5 Cyclops. I thought it fit, given the context of X-23's arrival to the team. She needed someone to reach out to her. O5 Cyclops did that and they established something that didn't get overly serious. But if she drops that and moves onto O5 Angel this quickly, that's just pushing it. X-23 has had very few romantic entanglements for most of her existence. Her going from guy to guy isn't really her thing. Maybe this is some kind of dream sequence with O5 Angel, but my gut tells me this happens. X-23 will leave the team temporarily at the end of All New X-men #29 and it'll be O5 Angel who convinces her to come back. I'm usually wrong with my predictions, but this one feels like it might actually be right this time.
    For the love of God, they hugged. She didn't declare undying love for the guy. It's ok if she has conversations with (or even dates) another guy.

Don't be creepy.

X-23 is a Skrull!

The real Laura is off somewhere else
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Sooooo.... are we to believe this was a post-coitus flight?
    Because ....right now it looks like Laura just has a topless morning visitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    I don't get what the big fuss is about Laura and warren possibly hooking up.

Her and cyclops hugged. Hugged, for crying out loud. That's it.

Even if her and tyke DID do more than that, these are teenagers- not married people or people in long-term relationships for that matter.

P.s. Daggum, warren must be a good lay. Look how wrecked their bedroom is.
    The fuss is because as Marvelmaster said, she's not known for basically man hopping and yet here she is. In spite of them having only hugged, the beginning of this current arc did show that she she had something for him as evident by how she reacted to him leaving. Now they just have her suddenly hopping on Warren so soon. It's definitely ooc.