Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Kwadruple View Post
    So your best examples are from a cartoon episode that never happened in the comics and an alternate reality? Hmm
    Well he forgot the fact she ditched him in the 616 once she got control of her powers in XML. There was also the brief flirtation with Pulse who could touch her during the BoA phase although I suppose that was more Mystique trying to push those two together. In any event, there was a time during XML where I can picture Gambit in a basement on Utopia drinking a fifth of Vodka listening to Chris Brown's "These girls ain't loyal"

Quote Originally Posted by Black Angel View Post
    but the sentry thing is canon so you can't really ignore it (you can hate it though) lol. Well can't say that i blame her though gambit ain't the long term type of guy any way.
    Yeah not sure why Marvel had them together for so long. I guess it was to show a different side of the supposed ladies man but the problem was we never actually got to see Gambit be a ladies man in the first place. It was just something that was stated and then within 20 or 30 issues, he's hooked up with a girl a can't touch. I was like WTF, what kind of ladies man is that suppose to be?
    Last edited by remydat; 07-03-2014 at 12:33 PM.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

So let's see if we can figure this out from Rogue's point of view, because it's hard to fathom why she'd go after other guys when she has the heart of one of the hottest dudes in the MU. Somebody HAS to be able to be able to make sense of this, because I've been struggling with her wishy washy mindset for years...!

Throw some examples out there, y'all. I'll start: Instead of being honest about "Foxx" hitting on him, they fight, he's nasty to her about a mutation she couldn't control (at the time) and then he gets turned into Death and tries to kill her. The very last time I can recall Rogue actually acting like she gave a crap about Gambit for non selfish reasons was right after that happened, when she told Scott she'd be waiting for him to come back from Apocalypse.

Next?

They were both really immature and insecure when they hooked up. That's really the fundamental problem IMO. Gambit due to his self-loathing and Rogue due to the whole "can't touch people" thing. So I don't think Gambit ever really thought he deserved Rogue and Rogue at times thought Gambit was just enamored with her because her powers made her a forbidden fruit so to speak.

Gambit eventually was written as a bit more mature and sure of what he wants while Carey wrote Rogue gaining control of her powers as throwing everything she knew or thought she knew about herself into disarray and she still hasn't quite recovered from that. You would think gaining control should bring some measure of stability to her life but instead the reverse has happened. It's like she is a teenage girl going through puberty all over again.
    It's hard for me to listen to someone not in my position. A caterpillar can't relate to what an eagle envisions.

Rogue just returned from the dead. She has been used as a prop to make Wanda look better in UA. No need to resurrect a ship where she is used as a prop to make Gambit some romantic hero. Gal is better off solo... She just needs to return to the X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue just returned from the dead. She has been used as a prop to make Wanda look better in UA. No need to resurrect a ship where she is used as a prop to make Gambit some romantic hero. Gal is better off solo... She just needs to return to the X-Men.
    This we can agree on. Just say no to Romy!

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Heck, way back in 1998, Peter told Rogue, "You're better off without him". The events of X-Men # 45 (1995) and The "Trial" in UXM#350 showed me that covering his pathetic ass meant more to him than Rogue ever did. Those events turned me into a Gambit hater!
    If he had come clean in the first place, there would not have been the mental torment from the kiss at the end of Legion Quest, no "Trial", no crap for Magneto's kangaroo court (17 years and we still don't know where Magneto got his information about his involment in the Morlocke Massacre conspiracy.) and no being left in Antartica . All this because he got in over his head trying to solve his problems and was too stupid to ask questions about what he was getting himself into.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

She loves ms marvel so much she just could not let go ofsuch a good woman.

Quote Originally Posted by coveredinbees View Post

Rogue loves Walnuts more than anything.
    She loves cake with walnuts even more.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I remember when Claremont returned and they had Colossus being able to touch her, in his organic steel form, without losing his powers. She was in a brief relationship with him during that time.
    It was brief because all the Remy/Rogue fans went ballistic. I remember these forums at the time. Holy crap! -The righteous rage!

Quote Originally Posted by Chia Head View Post
    It was brief because all the Remy/Rogue fans went ballistic. I remember these forums at the time. Holy crap! -The righteous rage!
    We're a vicious bunch sometimes, LOL.

I think Rogue might love fried chicken the most. Or maybe fried catfish?

Quote Originally Posted by OpticDreams View Post
    Time to add her to a certain Harem.
    I completely agree!

The Goldballs harem.

Incredible Member

Her Avengers ID card? *Wait! Put down those torches, I was only kidding!!*

Quote Originally Posted by XchaiX View Post
    Her Avengers ID card? *Wait! Put down those torches, I was only kidding!!*