BANNED

Default what is scarlet spider's real name ?

ok this is for all the scarlet spiders... ben, kaine and others. but now just the first two. I was wondering what is ben and kaine's real names ? ok let me explane. I was looking them up on both marvel database and comicvine and under real name they are different ? on marvel database under ben's real name is says... "Ben Reilly" and under comicvine it says... "Peter Parker" and marvel database listed Kaine as "Kaine Parker" and comicvine also has him listed as "Peter Parker" so wich is it ?

I believe it's "Red".

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kid_omega_prime View Post
    I was wondering what is ben and kaine's real names ? ok let me explane. I was looking them up on both marvel database and comicvine and under real name they are different ? on marvel database under ben's real name is says... "Ben Reilly" and under comicvine it says... "Peter Parker" and marvel database listed Kaine as "Kaine Parker" and comicvine also has him listed as "Peter Parker" so wich is it ?
    They're clones, so technically both are Peter Parker, however, after breaking from the Jackal they each took their own names, so the Marvel database is correct.

Ben Reilly named himself from Uncle Ben and took Aunt May's maiden name. He created the identity of the Scarlet Spider, was believe to be the real Peter Parker for a while, and died.

Kaine named himself as the "evil brother" and dedicated his life to destroying Ben. Years after Ben died, Kaine became the second Scarlet Spider and finally gave himself the Parker surname.

I hope this helps.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    They're clones, so technically both are Peter Parker, however, after breaking from the Jackal they each took their own names, so the Marvel database is correct.

Ben Reilly named himself from Uncle Ben and took Aunt May's maiden name. He created the identity of the Scarlet Spider, was believe to be the real Peter Parker for a while, and died.

Kaine named himself as the "evil brother" and dedicated his life to destroying Ben. Years after Ben died, Kaine became the second Scarlet Spider and finally gave himself the Parker surname.

I hope this helps.
    Actually, Peter gave Kaine the Parker surname to honor Kaine for sacrificing himself to save Peter in Grim Hunt. The headstone for his grave even referred to him as a brother, just like Ben Reilly had been. Since coming back in Spider-Island and going on to become the new Scarlet Spider, Kaine's staunchly refused to use any surname, especially "Parker," particularly after Otto Octavius's spite and disdain for him in the "Sibling Rivalry" two-part crossover put Kaine off having anything to do with Peter.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post

I hope this helps.
    ok so both Ben and Kaine were born Peter Parker then they gave thenself's there new names ? kind of like the way Hercules was first haracles or luke cage was carl lukas ?

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    Actually, Peter gave Kaine the Parker surname to honor Kaine for sacrificing himself to save Peter in Grim Hunt. The headstone for his grave even referred to him as a brother, just like Ben Reilly had been. Since coming back in Spider-Island and going on to become the new Scarlet Spider, Kaine's staunchly refused to use any surname, especially "Parker," particularly after Otto Octavius's spite and disdain for him in the "Sibling Rivalry" two-part crossover put Kaine off having anything to do with Peter.
    Though what's interesting is that in spite of his refusal to take on the surname it still has ways of sticking to him like how Peter referred to them as the Parker brothers and Julia addressed mail to him under K. Parker. In fact, based on introductions in New Warriors, his full name is Kaine Parker.

didn't you ask this same question a couple of months ago?

the answer AGAIN is Kaine and Ben are Peter Parker and they aren't Peter Parker. they are both clones of Peter Parker so genetically they are Peter Parker, however once they came into being and made their own conscience decisions they derived from the "source material" and established their own lives they became Ben and Kaine. Ben took Uncle Bens first name and Aunt Mays Maiden name and established his own identity, Kaine was just Kaine who suffered from a cloning degenerative disease which made him a murdering madman (which he was later cured of in Spider-Island) after his "death" (before Spider-Island) Peter gave him the last name Parker to honor his sacrifice
    Last edited by omegafix; 06-18-2014 at 05:37 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    didn't you ask this same question a couple of months ago?

the answer AGAIN is Kaine and Ben are Peter Parker and they aren't Peter Parker. they are both clones of Peter Parker so genetically they are Peter Parker, however once they came into being and made their own conscience decisions they derived from the "source material" and established their own lives they became Ben and Kaine. Ben took Uncle Bens first name and Aunt Mays Maiden name and established his own identity, Kaine was just Kaine who suffered from a cloning degenerative disease which made him a murdering madman (which he was later cured of in Spider-Island) after his "death" (before Spider-Island) Peter gave him the last name Parker to honor his sacrifice
    oh ok ty... wait kaine's dead ? when did this happen ?

Have you read the Clone Saga Spider-Man books? All the info are in those comics, they are split up into 4 graphic novels. If I recall, Kaine does die toward the end.

Kaine died at the end of Grim Hunt, but at the end rose from his grave and was further mutated by the Jackal. he was cured from his mutation and disfigurement and his regenerative disease at the end of Spider-Island. thus gaining a brand new lease on life

Quote Originally Posted by shadow panther View Post
    Kaine died at the end of Grim Hunt, but at the end rose from his grave and was further mutated by the Jackal. he was cured from his mutation and disfigurement and his regenerative disease at the end of Spider-Island. thus gaining a brand new lease on life
    That's true, but Kaine also died during the clone saga. Or was close to dead when someone snatched him from the jaws of death.

Fantastic Member

The original and current SS are clones of Peter Benjamin Parker. The second SS is a construct unwillingly piloted by Joe Wade. The three Initiative SS are clones of Michael Van Patrick. It’s debatable that any of them are “real” people with real legal names.

Having said that, I consider their names to be..
    -Ben Reilly (The name he gave himself)
    -Joe Wade (The name the pilot was born with)
    -Michael (The name his “father” gave him)
    -Van(The name his “father” gave him)
    -Patrick (The name his “father” gave him)
    -Kaine (The name his “father” gave him)

And Kaine has died a lot. IIRC he died at least twice just in the Clone Saga.