Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Too lazy to be a villain. I figure if anything though, were laziness not an issue, I'd be a Doctor Doom type. Or I suppose just do what I'm supposed to do as Cthulhu, and uh ... well, kill everyone?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Too lazy to be a villain. I figure if anything though, were laziness not an issue, I'd be a Doctor Doom type. Or I suppose just do what I'm supposed to do as Cthulhu, and uh ... well, kill everyone?
    You can still do it slowly, that way you have plenty of time to be lazy.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Mighty Member

On one hand, my softheartedness means that if I had more-or-less street-level abilities I would be the 'Petty property crimes, go out of my way not to kill or hurt' road.

OTOH, crank the powers up or toss in Super Genius and I would grow tempted to do the 'Bring Peace And Order To Mankind At All Costs' thing. If I were Evil. Yes. So Long as we are Clear.

I'd either want extremely subtle powers, like telepathy, or something over the top and far reaching, like controlling the weather or earthquakes.

I'm around sometimes NeuroticNyx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rhyvurg View Post
    I'd either want extremely subtle powers, like telepathy, or something over the top and far reaching, like controlling the weather or earthquakes.
    Yeah, sign me up for telepathy too. Some sort of very far reaching subtle telepathy that I can use to softly implant thoughts.

I'd guide human progress by subtly guiding popular opinion, trends, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NeuroticNyx View Post
    Yeah, sign me up for telepathy too. Some sort of very far reaching subtle telepathy that I can use to softly implant thoughts.

I'd guide human progress by subtly guiding popular opinion, trends, etc.
    I'd get people to give me money.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    What would your goals be and what powers etc would you have?
    vil·lain
    ˈvilən/Submit
    noun
    (in a film, novel, or play) a character whose evil actions or motives are important to the plot.
    "the terrorists are cartoon villains"
    synonyms: criminal, lawbreaker, offender, felon, convict, malefactor, wrongdoer; More

I'm not evil so that's kind of like asking "If you were a different person, what would you be like?". I could try to answer but your guess is as good as mine.

If I were a "villain" I imagine I'd be a slave to my baser instincts. Sex would probably be my drug of choice, thus I'd seek to acquire and maintain the most beautiful and skilled harem of all time by whatever means necessary. I would have Silver Surfer's abilities to ensure that my women are living an indefinitely safe and luxurious lifestyle in return for sex at my discretion.

Of course none of this would qualify as "evil" so I'll have to settle for "lawbreaker". Thus I'd marry the individual members of my harem as polygamy is illegal in some countries. Members of the government may try to stop me but they'll fail quite miserably as I wield the power cosmic to protect my women.
    Last edited by Lax; 02-07-2016 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    What would your goals be and what powers etc would you have?
    Alas that there can be a huge difference between fantasizing something and really doing such things (one of the major problems explaining why PC's in roleplaying games are usually so unrealistic). Playing a truly ruthless villain might be fun but actually being one- doubtful.

While it is true that nobody is the villain in his own mind, I would go with somebody that might be considered the villain by some people or by those in (corrupt) authority but would be the hero to a lot of other people such as Robin Hood or early Batman or even early Golden Age Superman.
    Power with Girl is better.