Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Composite Hercules vs Composite Dracula

Khazan arena. Who wins?

BANNED

what does Dracula have that prevents Herc from dropping the Heavens on him or revealing the Sun?

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Sniper View Post
    what does Dracula have that prevents Herc from dropping the Heavens on him or revealing the Sun?
    Wouldn't composite Dracula be immune to the sun?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Jack View Post
    Wouldn't composite Dracula be immune to the sun?
    Which versions of Dracula, both in the original story/novel(s) or modern pop culture, are immune to the sun?

And either way, what does Dracula have that compares to Herc's massive cosmos-lifting strength and great fighting skill?

And either way, what does Dracula have that compares to Herc's massive cosmos-lifting strength and great fighting skill?
    Not arguing that, I'm inclined to give it to Herc as well. I'm straining to think of a version of Drac that would be a match, one might exist but I can't think of it.

But my previous post was more of a question, due to the rules of the board would composite Drac be immune to the sun? Would composite mean all the strengths, none of the weaknesses?

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

are we including soma cruz? he is a reincarnation of drac.

Which versions of Dracula, both in the original story/novel(s) or modern pop culture, are immune to the sun?
    Hellsing's Alucard and Drake from Blade Trinity, off the top of my head.

Being Alucard is a good start. Type-Moon renders Dracula as less of a physical embodiment and more of a living curse, if my understanding is correct. All things considered, he'd be... really hard to just come out and fight against.

Quote Originally Posted by Tramp Stampede View Post
    Being Alucard is a good start. Type-Moon renders Dracula as less of a physical embodiment and more of a living curse, if my understanding is correct. All things considered, he'd be... really hard to just come out and fight against.
    To elaborate, a sentient living curse analogous to a weather pattern. Basically, if all the elements required for it to exist are present, it will exist (which are basically stories and rumors of sufficient mass). You can kill the embodiment/s of it existing right now, but it's like dispersing a rainstorm. You can disperse *that* particular rainstorm, but given the presence of an atmosphere the formation of other rainstorms will be inevitable. To an extent that attacks which erase existence do nothing to it.

In addition, it's a living curse that if fully capable of dealing physical damage and killing people. Basically, it can create an unlimited number of physical "avatars" that hunt people down for their blood. And if the original being has superpowers, the avatar has access to the same superpowers (up to and including existence erasing attacks).

BANNED

Are we including Marvel Herc's skyfather feats during Chaos War?

Well, to drop the heavens, he'd have to be holding them up during the fight. Original novel Dracula could walk around in daylight although he was weaker. We probably get into all sorts of cosmology vs. cosmology issues with that revealing the sun thing.

There have been some versions of Dracula that were insanely invincible and powerful, god level powerful. But then, we've had versions of Herc that were full gods including in the Marvel Universe. I haven't actually seen what Herc could do when he was a full god in Marvel.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Mythological Herakles could literally affect the cosmology of his world via physical feats. Dracula's super powerful and all, but he doesn't approach the Nobilis-level silly that is Herakles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Legend View Post
    Mythological Herakles could literally affect the cosmology of his world via physical feats. Dracula's super powerful and all, but he doesn't approach the Nobilis-level silly that is Herakles.
    Yes I agree.

Heracles is physically universal-level in strength.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Patchmadripoor View Post
    Are we including Marvel Herc's skyfather feats during Chaos War?
    This is pretty much the only Hercules/Herakles I can think of that might be able to resist some of the Draculas' more esoteric abilities, like generic vampiric hypnosis, or Soma Cruz' Time Stop/Life Draining/HP-MP-Swapping/Transmutation/Poison/Curry-Summoning/etc... abilities.

But TATARI/Night of Wallachia is pretty clearly spelled out to not be the Type Moon version of Dracula. That dude is an alchemist that became a vampire and a rumor and just used the form of Dracula as a base for the latter. The Type Moon universe has two different Draculas, and while neither of them are really vampires, they can take the role of a vampire due to the distorted legend of Dracula (which at least the Fate/Apocrypha version hates). That version can also make spears appear inside your body and unless you are resistant on the level of their version of Karna (who is apparently supposed to be a Gilgamesh level threat, though admittedly that's a few big steps down from his mythological level in everything except possibly speed) you're not likely to survive that.

OTOH, while most mythological versions of Herakles don't tend to have the durability feats to survive that, Marvel Hercules' base stats (much less his skyfather ones) should probably mean that he just feels like he ate some bad pretzels and the Type Moon version of Herakles comes with 13 extra lives and immunity to all magic below A rank so he might just neutralize that attack anyways (I can't remember the power level of that particular Noble Phantasm).

Well, let's take it from the top. Not even including Wallachia if it's under question...

Dracula in Vampire Hunter D cannot be perceived unless he chooses to be. Those with uncanny perception may know that something's there, but Dracula's actual physical body is completely incapable of being understood, let alone located. He can even have this affect on Noble vampires, who have enhanced hearing, smell, etc--it's not just invisibility, in other words. He can teleport (Castlevania gives him this, too). He has telekinesis sufficient to cut a mile long, two mile deep trench with barely a gesture, or raise an entire town hundreds of feet into the air. He can summon magma. He can instantly freeze a person to absolute zero. He stopped a meteorite the size of a planet and hurled it the opposite direction. He has access to the Akashic Records, which are ether documents that contain the past, present, and future of the entire universe and anyone in it. In addition to having read the entire record (thus making him clairvoyant, possibly omniscient), he's supposedly able to rewrite the records as well for some poorly defined reality warping of his own. At the very minimum, it's flat stated in the books that access to the records makes him immune to reality warping.

VHD and Hellsing both put Dracula at faster than the human eye can see. He catches bullets, including bullets shown to puncture a jet--he caught one of those bullets with his teeth. Hellsing also makes our Dracula able to phase through walls, shapeshift into amorphous darkness, hypnotize people, and is telepathic (the hypnosis and telepathy also being traits he shares with a number of other Draculas). This extends to being able to read minds and having precognition, able to predict an opponents' movements before they're made. He also regenerates like crazy, having come back from only being a pool of blood and from being completely incinerated. He is strong enough to rip humans apart with his bare hands, casually. Like VHD's Dracula, Alucard is also telekinetic, and at one point in the manga moved an air craft carrier from Italy to London in less than forty minutes. Our Dracula can now absorb blood over a distance, over multiple miles at minimum, through clothes and skin. The end of Hellsing renders Alucard omnipresent, able to be anywhere, everywhere, or nowhere as he wishes. He can be in multiple places at once, or exist merely as an astral projection.

Castlevania, and particularly Soma Cruz (Dracula reincarnated without memories as a loophole of sorts to get out of being dead; it's a long story). He is a master of numerous fighting styles, including the use of firearms. He can petrify opponents. He can stop time. He can temporarily render himself invincible, or invisible (probably not necessary, as mentioned above, composite Dracula is imperceptible if he chooses not to be). He can teleport. He has access to numerous projectiles, including lighting, fire, explosives, and can fire bullets from his fingertips.

Dracula Dead & Loving It allows Dracula to make simple minded people fall asleep just by uttering the command to.

Does Herakles have any feats for resisting petrification? Being frozen? Mind control? Having his blood ripped out of his body by an invisible, nearly undetectable attacker? Being put to sleep? How does Herakles avoid being telekinetically space tossed, or buried? Whatever ol' Herc plans on doing, he's going to have to do it really fast. I'm curious about what some of the Chaos Wars Hercules feats might be.

EDIT: I forgot to add that our protagonist in Hellsing is able to simulate pseudo-immortality by transfering damage dealt to him to any of the million souls in his possession. It's very likely that not only does Herc need to find a way to kill Drac, he might need to find a way to do it multiple, multiple times. Somebody keener on Hellsing might be able to break that down better for me, though, it's been a while and that business is blurrier for me.
    Last edited by Tramp Stampede; 06-19-2014 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    This is pretty much the only Hercules/Herakles I can think of that might be able to resist some of the Draculas' more esoteric abilities, like generic vampiric hypnosis, or Soma Cruz' Time Stop/Life Draining/HP-MP-Swapping/Transmutation/Poison/Curry-Summoning/etc... abilities.

But TATARI/Night of Wallachia is pretty clearly spelled out to not be the Type Moon version of Dracula. That dude is an alchemist that became a vampire and a rumor and just used the form of Dracula as a base for the latter. The Type Moon universe has two different Draculas, and while neither of them are really vampires, they can take the role of a vampire due to the distorted legend of Dracula (which at least the Fate/Apocrypha version hates). That version can also make spears appear inside your body and unless you are resistant on the level of their version of Karna (who is apparently supposed to be a Gilgamesh level threat, though admittedly that's a few big steps down from his mythological level in everything except possibly speed) you're not likely to survive that.

OTOH, while most mythological versions of Herakles don't tend to have the durability feats to survive that, Marvel Hercules' base stats (much less his skyfather ones) should probably mean that he just feels like he ate some bad pretzels and the Type Moon version of Herakles comes with 13 extra lives and immunity to all magic below A rank so he might just neutralize that attack anyways (I can't remember the power level of that particular Noble Phantasm).
    Actually, OP states composite Dracula, not composite Vlad Tepes. Many, many versions of Dracula in fiction have never been Vlad Tepes at all (for example, hard to argue Mina and the Count's Dracula as the Hungarian warlord, Shaman King Dracula is a descendant of Vlad the Impaler, etc.), as such Vlad Tepes is not a prerequisite to be a "Dracula", merely being known as such.

As Type Moon's Wallachia is generally known as Dracula, patterns himself after Dracula, and takes the form of Dracula, he should by all extents be counted in the composite (and so will of course, the "real" Type Moon Servant Dracula). Wallachia would however be disallowed if the OP stated "composite Vlad Tepes".
    Last edited by Twickster; 06-19-2014 at 01:18 AM.