Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Characters that don't receive a lot love in animation.

It's no surprise that DC has been in the animation game for years. But there are: A) Characters that haven't appeared in animation form at all.

B) Characters that haven't appeared that often in animation.

So what are some characters you either want to see for the first time or just want to see more often?

Deadshot, Madame Xanadu, Vibe, Tim Drake, Firestorm & Black Lightning are characters that I want to see in animation more often.

DC really needs to bring back The Fox and The Crow. They've been gone much too long. :-)

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Hawkman didn't get the break they gave Hawkgirl, strangely enough. Hawkworld was a sweet book around the time of Batman TAS and when Wolverine was ruling Saturdays mornings, they could have gone in and made him a bigger character.

Stargirl, Maxima, Any of Bruce's love interests bar Talia and Selina, Hawkman, Kyle Rayner, Black Lightning.

Donna Troy.

Though I understand that's partly because of the Wonder Womans rights issues preventing her from being in animation, which is why she missed out on Teen Titans season 5 and Young Justice season 1. She was also cut out of Young Justice season 2 even when there were plans to use her for at least Rocket's bridal shower.

Extraordinary Member

Donna I think wins the "hasn't appeared one," only beating out Garth because Young Justice squeezed him in.

Of characters who haven't appeared a lot, I think the most surprising is Jason Todd; his profile has grown exponentially considering he appeared in both Under the Red Hood and Arkham Knight, but the only series appearance he's made is as a hologram in Young Justice. Dick's made it to every cartoon, as befits the first Robin. And oddly, enough, Damian and Tim are mostly tied; Damian had the one appearance in Brave and the Bold and the DCA movies, while Tim had the half-Todd appearances in BTAS, the role in Young Justice, and the Batman Unlimited movies as Red Robin. You'd think that, considering how Jason's profile seems on the rise, he'd have a series by now.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

BANNED

Donna appeared as a member of the Teen Titans during Filmation's 60's DC series. Hell, she appeared well before Diana's first animated appearance.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post
    Donna I think wins the "hasn't appeared one," only beating out Garth because Young Justice squeezed him in.
    Garth was in Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go and the Brave and the Bold.

BANNED

Definitely Donna for a lot of recent stuff with the Titans.

For a founding League member I'd say Aquaman is often sidelined.

Jason Todd has only appeared in "Under the Red Hood" as far as character interaction wise and good amount of screen time.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RobinFan4880 View Post
    Garth was in Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go and the Brave and the Bold.
    For recent stuff (2000 forward) Donna and Garth ironically have less animated appearances then their legacies.

Quote Originally Posted by Tec15 View Post
    Donna appeared as a member of the Teen Titans during Filmation's 60's DC series. Hell, she appeared well before Diana's first animated appearance.
    There were also those "Super Best Friends Forever" DC Nation shorts that had her, Batgirl, and Supergirl .

Anita Fite
    Traci 13
    Artemis from Wonder Woman
    Many WW supporting cast members

Extraordinary Member

I would love to see Bronze Tiger in animation. I think he only appeared in the B&B episode.

Golden Age JSA

Other than the bizarre nod as the Justice Guild.

And a few nods in B&tB and flash back in YJ (where understandably they are mostly dead)

With the visual love letter Batman Animated series was to the pulpy noir/deco look, the characters actually set in that time period have yet to get any long therm significant animated portrayal or an animated movie.
    Last edited by Güicho; 02-06-2016 at 04:26 PM.

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by godisawesome View Post

Of characters who haven't appeared a lot, I think the most surprising is Jason Todd; his profile has grown exponentially considering he appeared in both Under the Red Hood and Arkham Knight, but the only series appearance he's made is as a hologram in Young Justice. Dick's made it to every cartoon, as befits the first Robin. And oddly, enough, Damian and Tim are mostly tied; Damian had the one appearance in Brave and the Bold and the DCA movies, while Tim had the half-Todd appearances in BTAS, the role in Young Justice, and the Batman Unlimited movies as Red Robin. You'd think that, considering how Jason's profile seems on the rise, he'd have a series by now.
    She was in some shorts