Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default When, Oh When, Oh When Will There Be a Change in the Leadership at DC?

I just saw this on BleedingCool: http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/02/...omics-pitches/

Like, honestly, I DON'T get how people like Didio and Harras still have their jobs when they have driven DC almost into the ground. I get that the Rebirth thing is taking precedence, but why throw out ALL pitches. What? Does DC have to almost go bankrupt like Marvel did under Harras's tenure?
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 02-02-2016 at 10:12 PM.

I think you mean to say when will there be leadership, period. Because this is not leadership. This is chickens running around with their heads cut off. And I am normally a supporter of Didio.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I think you mean to say when will there be leadership, period. Because this is not leadership. This is chickens running around with their heads cut off. And I am normally a supporter of Didio.
    I agree the leadership isn’t there. It feels like desperation.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I need to quote this.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

To some extent, WB would need to let comics be comics, but I don't foresee this happening because WB, looking at what Disney has done with Marvel properties in recent years, is looking to develop comic book-originated properties in OTHER MEDIA (movies, TV series, video games, etc.). Comic books themselves are almost an afterthought, and the people above the Didio level where the orders are coming down from aren't necessarily people who understand or appreciate the unique needs and conventions of the comic book form.

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    To some extent, WB would need to let comics be comics, but I don't foresee this happening because WB, looking at what Disney has done with Marvel properties in recent years, is looking to develop comic book-originated properties in OTHER MEDIA (movies, TV series, video games, etc.). Comic books themselves are almost an afterthought, and the people above the Didio level where the orders are coming down from aren't necessarily people who understand or appreciate the unique needs and conventions of the comic book form.

I agree. (10 Chara)
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post

Ironically, this is that one point in time when we could really use Levitz leadership, since word is that he's very close to Kevin Tsujihara, head of WB.

We still have Johns as an intermediary, though (it's his job description), which is not as terrible as most Wally West and (Insert Lantern who is not Hal Jordan here) fans might think.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

I have no clue. It's pretty clear DC has no idea what they are doing yet the people on top get chance after chance. They never should have rebooted in the first place but if they did, they damn better have done it well. And they haven't. Let's be honest. I've been an apologist in the past but the New 52 is a disappointment and that's why they're already rebooting again. I don't blame all the talented writers for hauling ass and running to Marvel when I read articles about DC is being run

Give Johns the publisher role and make DC great again.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I hope dc finds a new manager who is not familiar with the silver age and bronze age so we can get newer ideas.

With them in Burbank now, if they do get new management, I'm actually hoping for someone from outside comics.
    Preferrably from book publishing or television, where they have a firmer grasp on modern audiences.
    And someone with a positive and professional attitude.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    With them in Burbank now, if they do get new management, I'm actually hoping for someone from outside comics.
    Preferrably from book publishing or television, where they have a firmer grasp on modern audiences.
    I'd like to see it be someone that is not only has a professional and positive attitude but who is also respectful of the creators and others working under them. It really burns me that this group can't seem to be up front with the creators, that they constantly pull the rug out from under them and that they allow things like harassment of employees and other individuals to happen without taking steps to put an end to it. There's no excuse for any of that IMHO particularly that last.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 02-03-2016 at 10:50 PM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Give Johns the publisher role and make DC great again.
    Seconded

10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    I've been thinking for years that the job should go to Bruce Timm. He's already managed a DC universe to great success, and he's done more for DC Comics properties than... pretty much anyone around today, I would say. And his work is lauded all around. He really isn't being utilized as well as he could be by WB nowadays, in my opinion.

The Fastest Post Alive! Buried Alien's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by colonyofcells View Post
    I hope dc finds a new manager who is not familiar with the silver age and bronze age so we can get newer ideas.
    That might just alienate people even more.

Buried Alien - THE FASTEST POST ALIVE!

First CBR Appearance (Historical): November, 1996

First CBR Appearance (Modern): April, 2014