Default Which series did you love, that none of your friends did?

Which comic did you like but none of your comic book reading friends did? Which series were you all alone enjoying?

Even more brutal was before the days of the internet before you could turn to message boards!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

My comic reading friends are ultra casual and usually only read what I give them to read. But around message boards, no one seems to be nearly as big a fan of REBELS, Nicieza's Legion Lost, the last Supergirl volume, or the quickly expired Voodoo.

From the last year, I really liked Doomed, part of DC You, but it was a commercial disaster.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

The !mpact Comics version of The Comet. It went off the rails after Tom Lyle quit, but those first few issues were great. Most people I knew didn't even know the !mpact line existed, though.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

The recent SUPERGIRL book (minus the horrible issues by Bedard).

I've got several (and please don't complain about them, since that wasn't what was asked for):

Mister Terrific

Captain Atom (yes, the New 52 one)

Fate (yes, the one with Jared Stevens, both volumes)

Manhunter (the Zero Hour spinoff with the Image-y art and all)
    Last edited by Ishmael; 02-06-2016 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ERON View Post
    The !mpact Comics version of The Comet. It went off the rails after Tom Lyle quit, but those first few issues were great. Most people I knew didn't even know the !mpact line existed, though.
    I'll admit I was guilty of this one. I gave Legend of the Shield a few tries and never expanded beyond that.

Amazing Member

I really enjoyed Superman (new 52) when it first came out. George Perez himself didn't even like it.

Fantastic Member

I really enjoyed American Century and Human Target, and was sad when both were cancelled.

I'll answer a slightly different question. I loved Identity Crisis and everyone I know that read it did too. But everyone here seems to hate it. So that's not a story I loved and my friends hated but it's a story that I and my friends loved that is hated by fans.

Ragman

Shadowpact I liked this Odd Lot Team that went after Magicial themed villians , plus it had Ragman too boot.

Azrael Came back A few years Ago but, Didnt work. So while I like his Costume , if he's gunna keep getting Cancelled I give up :/

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

The few friends I have who read comics tend to stick to Marvel or manga. They don't know about Vertigo (so no Lucifer, Incognegro, Right State, Get Jiro, etc.) and had never heard of Xombi, Power Company, Dial H for Hero, and books like that. It's kind of a shame because when they tried to get into DC, they see a picture of the Joker with his face cutoff and just laugh and read something else. Or they hear about DC and how they handled characters like Wally West and John Stewart and decide not to bother. One friend liked Cyborg but read a few issues of Justice League and lost interest. He didn't stick around for David Walker unfortunately.

Unrepentant Magog Fan HaroldAllnut's Avatar

I was actually quite into Giffen and Porter's Magog when it was coming out. No one seemed to dig that book, but I think it was actually a pretty fresh and original title for a character that Mark Waid created to satirize/ridicule the the 90s anti-hero trend. Porter's pencils were great and Giffen flexed his creative muscle without dipping into his standard (and admittedly enjoyable) reservoir of goofy humor. He just wrote a solid, kinda dark book that dealt with interesting topics (rogue AI, genetic modification, extra-dimensional parasites).

I also really enjoyed Giffen's OMAC while it was coming out. That was a fun slice of Kirby-influenced monster action, but ate pavement after 8 issues. I guess what I'm saying is that I'm a big Giffen guy, but he doesn't have the best luck when it comes to his books lasting.
    Last edited by HaroldAllnut; 02-06-2016 at 03:07 PM.
    Ongoings: Action Comics, Aquaman, Archie, Batman, Birthright, Black Magick, Citizen Jack, Clean Room, Cry Havoc, Daredevil, Detective Comics, Howard the Duck, Injection, Jughead, Paper Girls, Postal, Saga, Superman, Totally Awesome Hulk, Wonder Woman, Wytches

Minis: Plutona, Prophet: Earth War, Self Storage, Swamp Thing, Weavers

Trade-waiting: The Marvel Star Wars books