Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Who is Bruce's closest friend (excluding Alfred)?

This is something I've been wondering. I could see it being Superman or Dick Grayson. I'm partial to Grayson myself but I can see why him and Clark would be tighter. Of course, if you consider stories where Bruce ends up becoming a major jackass (Batman Beyond, TDKR), then no one would be the answer but in general, it would have to be between these two.

Clark- Partner in the Justice League, do a lot of team ups, high level of trust between each other
    Dick- Former sidekick turned partner, practically brothers when Nightwing grows up (w/ the exception of Beyond which was just nasty)

Jim Gordan I think should get an honorable mention.

Astonishing Member

Are we distinguishing between Bruce and Batman here?

As Batman, Jim Gordon definitely holds true, as does Superman.

As Bruce, its a bit difficult. I wouldn't count any of the Robins or Alfred as they are more 'family' (albeit surrogate) than friends. I suppose Lucius Fox might count.

Generally, it'd be Clark, Dick, Jim, or sometimes Leslie.

If you have been reading Batman, the Joker.

Astonishing Member

Jim Gordon.
    Rules are for lesser men, Charlie - Grand Pa Joe ~ Willy Wonka & Chocolate Factory

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    Are we distinguishing between Bruce and Batman here?

As Batman, Jim Gordon definitely holds true, as does Superman.

As Bruce, its a bit difficult. I wouldn't count any of the Robins or Alfred as they are more 'family' (albeit surrogate) than friends. I suppose Lucius Fox might count.
    The closest thing to a best friend I can think of for Bruce, or "Bruce Wayne" depending on how you look at it, is Tommy Elliot pre-Hush or Harvey Dent depending on the continuity.

I think of Lucius more as just a really close co-worker then anything else.

Jim Gordon is his closest friend if you aren't counting Alfred

Quote Originally Posted by Rakiduam View Post
    If you have been reading Batman, the Joker.
    Lol, that bench talk felt odd.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    Jim Gordon is his closest friend if you aren't counting Alfred
    I think it's Alfred. Alfred knows Bruce better than anyone.
    Pull list: Action Comics, Aquaman, Batgirl, Batman, Detective Comics, Earth 2: Society, Flintstones, Future Quest, Green Arrow, Hal Jordan & Green Lantern Corp, Harley Quinn, Injustice: Gods Among Us, Justice League, Justice League of America, New Suicide Squad, Nightwing, Red Hood, Scooby Apocalypse, Superman, Teen Titans, The Flash, Titans, Wacky Raceland

BANNED

I tend to think of Dick as family, not a friend. I think there's a distinction there. I think the same thing with Alfred, if I'm being honest.

So its always been Gordon to me, just because they have that separation but still come to really trust each other.

I've never thought of Superman and Batman as BFF. That always seemed like a really forced thing from DC marketing/editorial because they're the two biggest superheroes they own. So of course they're BFF and star in team-ups all the time right!? I think they're too different ideologically and personality wise to be THAT close. They respect each other of course, but they mainly exist in two different worlds outside the JL meetings.

It's Joker as long as Snyder is writing

How about someone who thinks he's Batman's best friend? Let's not forget about Bat-Mite. :-)

Will always be Dick to me (but that's excluding Alfred). If we're talking outside of the Bat-Family though, I'd say either Clark of Jim, as others have said. I lean more towards Jim just because of all the history that dates back, in some stories, to the night Batman was born.

Jim, Dick, Clark, and Alfred as Family.