BANNED

Default Superman October Solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/35405-dc-c...citations.html

ACTION COMICS #989
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Lenticular cover by NICK BRADSHAW
    Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN
    Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “THE OZ EFFECT” part three! The startling revelation of Mr. Oz’s origin has stopped the Man of Steel dead in his tracks. With Superman distracted by disasters looming around the world, Mr. Oz has the time to confront Lois Lane.
    On sale OCTOBER 11 • 32 pg, FC • LENTICULAR COVER $3.99 US • NON-LENTICULAR COVER $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #990
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    Retailers: This issue will ship with three covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “THE OZ EFFECT” part four! If Superman refuses to join Mr. Oz’s cause, maybe Superboy will! The mysterious villain hits Superman where it hurts when Oz and Jon join forces. But the stakes are raised when the Last Son of Krypton is forced to choose between his son and saving his adopted home planet.
    On sale OCTOBER 25 • 32 pg, FC • LENTICULAR COVER $3.99 US • NON-LENTICULAR COVER $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #991
    Written by DAN JURGENS
    Art by VIKTOR BOGDANOVIC
    “THE OZ EFFECT” part five! After being revealed as [REDACTED], Mr. Oz makes his last moves against the Man of Steel and his family and leaves the Man of Tomorrow wondering what other secrets and lies await him in the future as “The Oz Effect” comes to a close.
    On sale NOVEMBER 8 • All 32 pg, FC • LENTICULAR COVER $3.99 US • NON-LENTICULAR COVER $2.99 US • RATED T

NEW SUPER-MAN #16
    Written by GENE LUEN YANG
    Art by BRENT PEEPLES and RICHARD FRIEND
    Cover by PHILIP TAN
    Variant cover by BERNARD CHANG
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    “Equilibrium” part two! Kenan’s battle with the Suicide Squad ended in disaster, and when the New Super-Man of China comes to, he wakes up in...Gotham City? All-Yang’s plan to corrupt our hero and show him the true nature of China’s destiny stands revealed!
    On sale OCTOBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

SUPERGIRL #14
    Written by STEVE ORLANDO
    Art and cover by JOSE LUIS
    Variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details. Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
    Supergirl meets the New Super-Man! To help get her amplified powers under control, Supergirl will need to travel to China and train under I-Ching and Kong Kenan for help. But when an international threat hits the city before her training is complete, is Supergirl ready to save the world?

SUPERMAN #32
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “IMPERIUS LEX” part two! As the conflict continues, Superman teams with Lex Luthor to bring peace to a leaderless and warring Apokolips as a new warrior enters the battlefield: Lois Lane, female fury. May Granny Goodness have mercy on all their souls...
    On sale OCTOBER 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPERMAN #33
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI and PATRICK GLEASON
    Art by DOUG MAHNKE and JAIME MENDOZA
    Cover by PATRICK GLEASON
    Variant cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
    “IMPERIUS LEX” part three! Steppenwolf, field general of Apokolips, enlists Superman’s son Jon into his Canine Cavalry to stop Superman from helping Luthor reclaim the throne once held by Darkseid.
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

SUPER SONS #9
    Written by PETER J. TOMASI
    Art and cover by JORGE JIMENEZ
    Variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN
    “Planet of the Capes” part four! Superboy and Robin were training to become the next Superman and Batman—but they never signed up to be the saviors of the multiverse! Ready or not, the boys have their work cut out for them as the endless alien armies of Yggardis descend upon our young heroes!
    On sale OCTOBER 18 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T

SUPERWOMAN #15
    Written by K. PERKINS
    Art by STEPHEN SEGOVIA and ART THIBERT
    Cover by KEN LASHLEY
    Variant cover by RENATO GUEDES
    “SUPERMAX” part two! It’s a clash of incredible power as Superwoman and Supergirl struggle to contain the might of Maxima! But with Maxima’s origin revealed, and a startling new villain looming on the horizon, do our heroes actually need to save Maxima...or be saved by her?

Kenan in Gotham should be hilarious. Maybe then we'll get to see Bat-Man and Batman finally meet ?

A team-up between Kara and Kenan should be fun .

Lois as a Fury? Jon working with Steppenwolf? Lot happening in Superman .

Heh, Damian and Jon are already getting into a big, Multiverse, adventure. Those little scamps...

Curious to see what Maxima's new origin is.

Supergirl and New Super-Man yes please!!!

And it would be so awesome for Baixi to meet Bruce!

All-New Member

I'm still trying to wrap my head around Steppenwolf have to recruit Jon into helping him. Same guy from Earth 2 right? And with the JL movie a month later.......

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Look at Maxima! Hopefully she becomes a regular after this storyline. Wonder what's her new origin.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

-Guess Lois getting a mother box is now totally in the cards like I was hoping for, so that's dope.

-IMPERIUS LEX part 3 really does sound like Game of Thrones lol this arc sounds like a lot of fun.

-New Super-Man is always a buy for me.

-Didn't know Kara got a power boost. Sound like it could be interesting

-Super Sons sounds like perfection. These are the sort of adventures that you'd think these two should go when one's curfew 10 PM sharp.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    -Guess Lois getting a mother box is now totally in the cards like I was hoping for, so that's dope.

-IMPERIUS LEX part 3 really does sound like Game of Thrones lol this arc sounds like a lot of fun.

-New Super-Man is always a buy for me.

-Didn't know Kara got a power boost. Sound like it could be interesting

-Super Sons sounds like perfection. These are the sort of adventures that you'd think these two should go when one's curfew 10 PM sharp.
    After reading that last bit, now I want to read a super sons issue where they're racing against the clock. Can they catch the bad guy before curfew?

I still think this is leading toward a Lex heel turn again come fall, or winter at the latest. To me the situation, if things go as some of us think with Oz, has been setting itself up since Black Dawn. There you had Superboy corrupted for a while by Manchester Black. They're slowly establishing in Superman that he's a little hard for his dad to teach. In Oz Effect, he's going to be recruited by Oz. In Imperius Lex, he's being recruited by Steppenwolf. And with the added burn that it might keep Lex from the throne of Apokolips. So what you get in a potential reveal that Oz is an adult Jon, is that this guy is an all-powerful being, and in the present day as a child he's building a brief, albeit thus far consistent, resume of being consorting with other villains. This all is the ammo--with the added personal sting of losing Darkseid's throne, which he'll downplay but will be a major revenge factor--for Lex to declare Jonathan Samuel Kent a threat to humanity, and very likely having some listen to him. By fall or winter Lex is going to be primed to take down the Boy of Steel and Luthor vs Superman round 1000 will begin.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 07-17-2017 at 03:51 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member

Sounds like a great batch of books are going to be released. The Oz mystery comes to a conclusion, and the Imperius Lex storyline kicks into high gear. Lex plus the Super family on Apokolips is an intriguing concept. The warring factions seem to be divided into Superman/Lex, Lois/Female Furies, and Jon/Steppenwolf. Fun times!

Super Sons, as usual, sounds amazing. Superboy and Robin as saviors of the multiverse has a nice ring to it.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Yay! Classic Maxima is back!

I liked her New 52 re-design, but I'm kinda glad to see her back to her usual queenly self.

Just about everything else looks pretty amazing too. Looks like Superman and his supporting cast are heading for some VERY big stories. Seriously, when was the last time the Super Family was involved in stories that feel this grand and epic?

Superman's getting some big stories. So's Diana, from the look of things. Grail is trying to re-vitalize Darkseid by killing (presumably) demigods to harness their power and restore him.

Nice to see the other two thirds of the Trinity are getting some big stories in the same month that Batman has this big "Metal" storyline going on.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I still think this is leading toward a Lex heel turn again come fall, or winter at the latest. To me the situation, if things go as some of us think with Oz, has been setting itself up since Black Dawn. There you had Superboy corrupted for a while by Manchester Black. They're slowly establishing in Superman that he's a little hard for his dad to teach. In Oz Effect, he's going to be recruited by Oz. In Imperius Lex, he's being recruited by Steppenwolf. And with the added burn that it might keep Lex from the throne of Apokolips. So what you get in a potential reveal that Oz is an adult Jon, is that this guy is an all-powerful being, and in the present day as a child he's building a brief, albeit thus far consistent, resume of being consorting with other villains. This all is the ammo--with the added personal sting of losing Darkseid's throne, which he'll downplay but will be a major revenge factor--for Lex to declare Jonathan Samuel Kent a threat to humanity, and very likely having some listen to him. By fall or winter Lex is going to be primed to take down the Boy of Steel and Luthor vs Superman round 1000 will begin.
    Yeah, that could be. Because if it isn't that, "Jon Vs Clark" is quickly becoming the "Evil/twisted Superman" trope of 2017 - the latest in a series of "hey this is an ok idea, let's run it into the ground until it's dead and then keep beating said dead horse for another two years."
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

To be fair, we don't actually know the circumstances for any of the "Jon vs Clark" set ups beyond Manchester's one. Don't really know what Oz's deal is, who he is, what he's asking Jon to do, or how he asks Jon to do. And in Imperius Lex we see that all of the Superman family is put in a position of being a partner to an Apokolips god in some way. Lois was just straight up called a Female Fury. More context is needed.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Yay! Classic Maxima is back!
    We'll see. I thought the pre-Flashpoint Maxima was aweseome potential squandered in mundane stories.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gwangung View Post
    We'll see. I thought the pre-Flashpoint Maxima was aweseome potential squandered in mundane stories.
    Agreed. I think she started to shake off that mundanity once she transitioned from villain to hero. Her heroically sacrificing herself to save the Earth was definitely a great moment for her. Pity she never got resurrected.

I think a lot can be done to improve her standing simply by scrapping the whole "Trying to make Superman her mate" story. That's an okay story......once. Anything more than that and she just starts to look pathetic. I mean, really? THAT'S your whole motivation? To get in Superman's trunks? Drop that angle, or at least make it a very brief chapter of her story, and she's free to be used in much better stories. I think it's a good sign that her debut seems to be a story in which Superman is nowhere to be found.

As it is, the solicit leads me to wonder if they may jump straight to making her a hero, or at least an anti-hero. The solicit implies that she may save Superwoman and Supergirl, so hopefully they're at least going to establish her as an honorable woman who can be persuaded to do the right thing.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

jeez, looking at Action #990 and Superman #33, Supes should consider putting one of those GPS chips in the boy's neck, before he starts hanging out with Toyman and Parasite next . Lot of stuff sounds epic here though, looking forward to finding out who this Oz prick is once and for all.
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 07-17-2017 at 09:52 PM.