Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Just imagine what he could have done with a Kingdom Come adaptation for the big screen...
    Would have to be a seriously infaithful adaption of Kingdom Come for him to play ******* authoritarian Kingdom come Superman.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AntoKent17 View Post
    Just imagine what he could have done with a Kingdom Come adaptation for the big screen...

My God.
    Nobody should have worn that suit after Chris. Nobody.

Sorry, but everyone looks silly and pathetic in that costume COMPARED TO HIM!

And that's just because he was born to be the character. He was born to be Superman.

Simple as that.
    Henry Cavill looks like he walked off the comic book page.

That's like saying nobody should have put on the suit again after George Reeves' death. I adored his Superman, his Clark Kent is unparalleled, but other people can still play the role and can play it well. Christopher Reeve played it and did a fine job!
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-13-2017 at 07:40 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Henry Cavill looks like he walked off the comic book page.

That's like saying nobody should have put on the suit again after George Reeves' death. I adored his Superman, his Clark Kent is unparalleled, but other people can still play the role and can play it well. Christopher Reeve played it and did a fine job!
    Henry Cavill could easily be just as good, or better than Christopher Reeve. He's got the looks, he's got the charisma... It's just that he got written by Snyder and Goyer.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Henry Cavill could easily be just as good, or better than Christopher Reeve. He's got the looks, he's got the charisma... It's just that he got written by Snyder and Goyer.
    I agree and I think he could very easily surpass Christopher Reeve, with a better writer/director behind him. He's a wicked talented actor and he has so much damn charisma.

Amy Adams and Henry Cavill are perfectly cast.

I agree and I think he could very easily surpass Christopher Reeve, with a better writer/director behind him. He's a wicked talented actor and he has so much damn charisma.

Agreed on almost all of this!

I'm not sure what it is, but something feels off to me where Amy Adams is concerned. I thought it was the hair and me not seeing Lois because I know Amy Adams so well from other role (she's generally amazing, imo). Maybe it's just Snyder, I don't know. And I hate even saying that, because I love her acting, and she does a good job in these movies, too. But I don't connect "Lois" for some weird reason.

But definitely agreed on Cavill. If he doesn't get a decent chance to be Superman, the "finally fully formed so we can get on with it" Superman, it'll be a crime. Or at least it should be.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by _Feely_ View Post
    “It’s very hard for me to be silly about Superman, because I’ve seen firsthand how he actually transforms people’s lives. I have seen children dying of brain tumors who wanted as their last request to talk to me, and have gone to their graves with a peace brought on by knowing that their belief in this kind of character really matters. It’s not Superman the tongue-in-cheek cartoon character they’re connecting with; they’re connecting with something very basic: the ability to overcome obstacles, the ability to persevere, the ability to understand difficulty and to turn your back on it.” – Time, (March 14, 1988)

I'm not crying, you're crying.
    This statement was made seven years before Reeve's accident in 1995.

But then we have this from Jack O'Halloran (who played Non), from Superman Vs Hollywood (2008):

He wasn’t the nicest of people until he got hurt. And when he got hurt, he became a nice person. He helped a lot of people with a lot of courage. Prior to that, he snubbed kids, he was too busy for this, too busy for that.
    I don't want to diss O'Halloran but, IMO, it sounds like he barely knew anything about Reeve. Also, what an awful thing to say about someone, that an accident like that is good for them.
    Last edited by CharlesInCharge; 07-19-2017 at 04:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post

Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)