Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Extraordinary Member

Denial
    -The team encounters Doctor Fate and Klarion the Witch Boy.

Episode Notes:
    -Ed Asner starts strong as Kent Nelson and doesn't stop. The entire scene with Madam Xanadu has a great tone of partial humor and genuine drama.
    -The "girls debate who's their perfect match" bit mostly just carries on the Wally and Artemis set-up, though the fact the briefing reveals that Nelson's over 100 years old and Dr. Fate and immediately features Wally confiding in Artemis kind of works as a set-up for him subconsciously wanting to impress her.
    - Abra Kadabra's corny voice plays very well with the idea the character is a would-be wizard who's actually just a stage magician on a grand scale. I especially love his irritated "...yes." when Kalrion asks if he's using the technobabble Artemis spits out.
    -Got to love Fate's home security system: pools of lava, cheeky holograms, and M.C. Escher stairway mazes.
    -Okay, Wally be unable to avoid hitting on M'gann even as they fall towards lava is pretty hilarious. And it's interesting to have him go full on geek rant about magic and science like an actual teenager. It's also interesting that Artemis seems to genuinely believe a little bit in magic; ties in nicely to the idea her family serves Ra's Al Ghul.
    -Klarion...whoa boy, did they manage to make him genuinely creepy, especially with the way his face shape-shifts at the drop of a hat. His whole bratty Lord of Chaos thing feels a bit like a Stephen King monster.
    -Again, I love Ed Asner as Kent Nelson. Really gets that been there, done that delivery down pat. He kind of sounds a bit like an old Indiana Jones, and I enjoy how relied he is about everything.
    -The way the echoes work in reverse in the mindscape is a nice unsettling touch of reality breaking powers. And I like how they outright state that Dr. Fate's skills are a conglomeration of his hosts magic skills and his own, since it has a nice set-up for why Nabu's willing to trade hosts. Also, I love the dignity Kevin Michael Richardson put in Nabu's voice.
    -And you gotta like the idea of old man Nelson trying to play matchmaker for Artemis and Wally after only seeing them for a few seconds. Guy's got an accurate Belligerent Sexual Tension monitor.

Character of the Episode: I'll go with Kent Nelson. Taking a legendary actor and giving him a fun role did volumes for the episode. You can kind of tell how well Nelson foils Wally just by his tone and mannerisms. We see how impatient and headstrong Wally is because Nelson's an open and calm guy.

Discussion Questions: What do you guts think of the show making Klarion a Big Bad as a member of the Light?

Wild Card: None this week.
    Like action, adventure, rogues, and outlaws? Like anti-heroes, femme fatales, mysteries and thrillers?

I wrote a book with them. Outlaw’s Shadow: A Sherwood Noir. Robin Hood’s evil counterpart, Guy of Gisbourne, is the main character. Feel free to give it a look: https://read.amazon.com/kp/embed?asi...E2PKBNJFH76GQP

I hated Clarion in the show. He was bratty and annoying, which was his role, but he was too annoying for me, especially his voice. I don't really like the concept/ role of bratty characters in general though.

I love Klarion in Young Justice, he's such a dick and very fun to watch. I always enjoy when he appears on screen and causes crap that the heroes have to deal with.
    "It's too bad she won't live! But then again, who does? - Gaff Blade Runner

"In a short time, this will be a long time ago." - Werner Slow West

"One of the biggest problems in the industry is apathy right now." - Dan Didio Co-Publisher of I Wonder Why That Is Comics

I think Weisman once talked about doing a Scooby doo crossover and im curious about what that would be like. He said that it would have been either YJ in scooby's world or vice versa and I'm curious about how scooby would have fit in YJ.