Page 79 of 152 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389129 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A part of me feels like they wouldn't do something with Flash unless they could tie-in the Justice League like they did with Flashpoint.
    Pretty much. Let’s be honest: They weren’t going to make a DCAMU movie where Batman or a Bat-character wasn’t involved even if it was just a minor way like Death and Return of Superman was. Least Man of Tomorrow restricted Bats to a single photo
    But I really do think a Flash movie without Batman would do well. I thought the GL movies were flops because they never did more, but their sales are actually strong? I just don’t understand the thought process at DC right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Were there any movies y'all wish they had done in the Justice League: War continuity? I kind of wanted to see a third Titans movie before half the characters got killed/ maimed.
    Sinestro Corps War, Forever Evil, pretty much anything other than kill everybody off and destroy the Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Sinestro Corps War, Forever Evil, pretty much anything other than kill everybody off and destroy the Earth.
    I feel like they gave up on adapting new 52 stories halfway through which was kind of a missed opportunity because those are easier to improve upon than the classics.

"Night of the Monster Men/The Victim Syndicate" would've been a good Batfamily film but those might've been too recent.
    WW "the Hiketa" might've been cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I feel like they gave up on adapting new 52 stories halfway through which was kind of a missed opportunity because those are easier to improve upon than the classics.
    Although I think they did a surprisingly good job making some of the classics work within their continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Blackest Night could have made an interesting alternate finale rather than the Darkseid War/Future’s End mashup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Blackest Night could have made an interesting alternate finale rather than the Darkseid War/Future’s End mashup.
    They had enough dead characters for it, to be sure...

Mighty Member

I've checked the wiki page, but it didn't tell me much. But what was the genesis for the idea for the DC Animated Line in the first place? I know that Superman Doomsday was the first. And at what point did it begin to change to have a connected universe as well? Long live the DCAMU!

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    I've checked the wiki page, but it didn't tell me much. But what was the genesis for the idea for the DC Animated Line in the first place? I know that Superman Doomsday was the first. And at what point did it begin to change to have a connected universe as well? Long live the DCAMU!
    Flashpoint Paradox was the film that started the interlocking continuity. Even though they specifically told me this was not the case in the Son of Batman panel at Wondercon, I still believe that the interlocking continuity was a response to Cartoon Network choosing to cancel Young Justice and Beware the Batman, and its end could be connected to the success of DC Universe and HBO Max allowing them to create their own products without needing to pass them through the Cartoon Network arm of Warner Brothers.

I don't think there was much talk about the impetus for the line in the first place. I think it may have had something to do with the success of the Scooby Doo and Tom and Jerry DTV lines, both of which were well established at the time, but also Lionsgate and Marvel started their DTV line at around the same time as well as the sadly short-lived Hellboy animated line, which coincidentally was also around the time that Netflix first debuted its streaming service. I believe there was just something in the zeitgeist around 2006-7 where companies were looking at ways to cater towards widening niche markets with movies that bypassed the theater system. Something which seems to have been a record success.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This looks so terrifically retro. I love it .

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I was surprised of how they made Richard Dragon look more like Bruce Lee until I discovered that the character made his first appearance in a novel written by Dennis O'Neil and Jim Berry under the pseudonym Jimmy Dennis and the cover of the book seem to make the character look like Bruce Lee.

No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    I was surprised of how they made Richard Dragon look more like Bruce Lee until I discovered that the character made his first appearance in a novel written by Dennis O'Neil and Jim Berry under the pseudonym Jimmy Dennis and the cover of the book seem to make the character look like Bruce Lee.

I had no idea these characters were based on a novel either.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post

Wow, great catch! The DC brass was very hesitant to introduce POC characters until the late 70s. Not really surprised they changed his ethnicity when adapting the character to comics.

Apparently the movie is actually going to be dedicated to O'Neil.