Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default Absolute Power by Mark Waid and Dan Mora

At ComicsPRO DC revealed its summer blockbuster publishing initiative will be called Absolute Power, a four-issue series launching July 2 and led by writer Mark Waid and artist Dan Mora. Absolute Power dives into how Amanda Waller will plot to steal all metahuman abilities from superheroes and villains alike, requiring Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman to unite with other heroes of the DC Universe to stop her. DC also shared that a special Absolute Power comic will be a part of Free Comic Book Day, and it will include an original story by Waid along with a recap of the events leading up to the big event and a sneak peek of Absolute Power #1. DC also revealed Absolute Power: Ground Zero, an official one-shot prelude to the big event that will debut in June, connecting Superman's House of Brainiac storyline with Amanda Waller's evil deeds in Absolute Power.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Leancarp900 View Post

So they changed the name from the rumored “Trinity of Sin?”

Damn that is a badass looking Zur-bot.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

is that the Zur-En-Arrh x Failsafe 2.0?
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nº8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah. It seems very strange they are potentially giving the conclusion of the Zur-En-Arrh plot to Waid instead of Zdarsky.

Yeah. It seems very strange they are potentially giving the conclusion of the Zur-En-Arrh plot to Waid instead of Zdarsky.
    My hunch is that Zur will help Waller as part of his zero tolerance policy towards crime, but he won’t actually be defeated for good here. He’ll probably simply help Waller with her plan and the final conflict between him and Bruce will play out in Batman.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Maybe that's how Justice League finally returns.

JL event with WW written by Waid is a skip.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I don't think this will be a bad event by any means, Waid is a good writer at DC and he's currently writing one of the best ongoings and we all know how good Mora's art is, him drawing a DC event is a no brainer...that being said, I've never been invested in this Waller storyline since it started and while I'm sure there is more to the plot than what's being advertised, it's hard to feel anything for this. And while I understand why they are using the characters and this will probably lead to a return to the JLA in some form, I wish the titans got to be the ones leading this event.

I honestly assumed Zdarsky would be writing the event, given him seemingly being apart of this and Waller showing up in his batman run soon.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I can guess Zur modified the Failsafe body so it resembles Batman more.

It has a face and batears now, where before it was just a featureless orb.

Hey nice Dan Mora is finally headlining an event, baller as hell.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I don't think this will be a bad event by any means, Waid is a good writer at DC and he's currently writing one of the best ongoings and we all know how good Mora's art is, him drawing a DC event is a no brainer...that being said, I've never been invested in this Waller storyline since it started and while I'm sure there is more to the plot than what's being advertised, it's hard to feel anything for this. And while I understand why they are using the characters and this will probably lead to a return to the JLA in some form, I wish the titans got to be the ones leading this event.

I honestly assumed Zdarsky would be writing the event, given him seemingly being apart of this and Waller showing up in his batman run soon.
    The Titans solicit for #11 mentions Waller doing a deal with Trigon, so I'm expecting this to tie into the event as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Reddead View Post
    The Titans solicit for #11 mentions Waller doing a deal with Trigon, so I'm expecting this to tie into the event as well.
    My money is also on Sarge Steel from Wonder Woman playing a part.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mark Waid writing Wonder Woman makes me sad.

I feel like if DC wants people to care, they have to force everything to tie in. I say this as someone who hates tie ins, but everything is currently isolated and doesn’t feel connected to each other. I don’t see how to fix that other than forcing everyone to tie in to one story.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I feel like if DC wants people to care, they have to force everything to tie in. I say this as someone who hates tie ins, but everything is currently isolated and doesn’t feel connected to each other. I don’t see how to fix that other than forcing everyone to tie in to one story.
    The problem with making all the books tie-in is that you end up running the risk of making both the audiences and the creators burn-out. Like Marvel forced to everyone to tie-in with Civil War 2 and Secret Empire and everyone got tired of it (and it didn't even seem to help Secret Empire sales-wise).

Like, for instance, the fact Waller is the stand-in for WW instead of Sovereign or someone like Circe tells me King probably didn't want to tie-in with this event.