Page 104 of 153 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 2281

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I'd still like to see Sinestro Corps War first, but you could just have an army of the faceless dead for Blackest Night
    You can do generic Black Lanterns, but you need at least a few recognizable ones to have impact.

I'd still like to see Sinestro Corps War first, but you could just have an army of the faceless dead for Blackest Night
    That would be really boring. Blackest Night worked because it was the heroes facing their own long dead friends and reckoning with their history. What elevated the event for me was the BL using the shared emotional connections to confront the living, you take that away and it’s just another boring zombie movie. For just a generic zombie apocalypse DCeased is the easier choice.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-30-2021 at 06:33 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

They can make it matter depending on how they do it. You just need a few named characters on the villain’s side. The dead villains and a handful of loved ones (Barry’s mother for one). Maybe Amanda Waller

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I'm with you, mate. I wanted that third Titans movie with the Blackfire and Gordanian invasion. With the Gordaians being involved, the DCAU could've brought in the Thangarian Hawkgirl. Blackfire is a known galactic criminal and she does kill Shayera in the comics. A chance for redemption for our fair bird woman.

That's what WW Bloodlines was for. A backdoor pilot, to inspire intrigue in a WW animated series.

Perhaps we should start a hashtag movement.

#restoretheDCAUverse
    I felt like the Titans had a lot of good ideas just with lackluster execution and muddy animation. Aside from Gar and Raven being too young, it's certainly everything I would want in a Titans adaptation just badly packaged.

They had no idea if they would ever get another opportunity to do a WW solo movie that's why Bloodlines was stuffed to the gills with villains. They were going to do a WW show for DC Access before that went under and they repurposed ideas for that for the JSA: World War 2 movie. This is all according to Butch Luckic in an interview.

They can make it matter depending on how they do it. You just need a few named characters on the villain’s side. The dead villains and a handful of loved ones (Barry’s mother for one). Maybe Amanda Waller
    Blackest Night worked largely because it built on continuity and brought back characters who died along the way. Without the set up, you would just end up bringing back characters who died during the heroes backstories and most of them are there parents.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I felt like the Titans had a lot of good ideas just with lackluster execution and muddy animation. Aside from Gar and Raven being too young, it's certainly everything I would want in a Titans adaptation just badly packaged.

They had no idea if they would ever get another opportunity to do a WW solo movie that's why Bloodlines was stuffed to the gills with villains. They were going to do a WW show for DC Access before that went under and they repurposed ideas for that for the JSA: World War 2 movie. This is all according to Butch Luckic in an interview.
    What ideas in JS WW2 did they repurpose from the Wonder Woman pitch? The only character from her comics is Steve Trevor. No other supporting cast or villains.

They wanted to do a solo Wonder Woman in WW2 show. That didn't happen but they used the idea for a JSA movie.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

My biggest issue with the JSA movie was how stupidly they wrote WW. When Hawkman has to remind her that she has a lasso of truth and she still doesn't use it, that's bad writing no matter how you look at it.

It's like they had someone point out in the script how stupid the script was.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    My biggest issue with the JSA movie was how stupidly they wrote WW. When Hawkman has to remind her that she has a lasso of truth and she still doesn't use it, that's bad writing no matter how you look at it.

I blame the sword and shield.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You can do generic Black Lanterns, but you need at least a few recognizable ones to have impact.
    That would certainly be doable with the previous continuity to a point.

Black Lanterns to menace the Batfam: You have Ra's, Talia, Talon, the Heretic, Mad Hatter, Riddler, Firefly, Bruce and Dick's dead parents, Kate's dead sister Alice.

Black Lanterns to menace the Teen Titans: You have Terra, Slade, Brother Blood

Black Lanterns to menace the JL members: Atlanna for Arthur and Mera. Reverse Flash for Barry. Dr. Destiny, Jason Blood and Swamp Thing for the JL Dark. Medusa, murdered Amazons and Dr. Poison for Wonder Woman. Doomsday and Henshaw for Superman, Steel, Superboy.

Black Lanterns to menace the Suicide Squad (mainly Waller): Count Vertigo, Jewel & Punch, Killer Frost, Copperhead, KGBeast, Black Spider, Vandal Savage, Silver Banshee, and Blockbuster.

Black Lanterns to menace the Hal and the rainbow lanterns: Kanjar Ro, assorted GL's murdered by Sinestro, the victims of Atroticus's galaxy.

The DCAU was stacking bodies long before Apokolips War. I stretched things a bit to include other movies not in continuity with the New 52 DCAU. Like GL First Flight and Assault on Arkham. But the end result is the same.

Ideally, I'd want to do a third Titans movie so you could have Black Lantern Blackfire and Black Lantern Hawkgirl. I'd like there to be more Superman villains, but Bats, Supes and the League are overrepresented in animation. We don't really need more.

All the other BLs would just be generic zombies with BL uniforms and rings. Since the focus is mainly on Hal, Carol and Sinestro. The action Earth-side doesn't need to be that deep. As a two-parter. Black Night would do gangbusters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That would be really boring. Blackest Night worked because it was the heroes facing their own long dead friends and reckoning with their history. What elevated the event for me was the BL using the shared emotional connections to confront the living, you take that away and it’s just another boring zombie movie. For just a generic zombie apocalypse DCeased is the easier choice.
    DCeased is more of a JL story and we don't need another end of the world, everybody dies JL story after Apokolips War. We also don't need another JL story in general atm.

Blackest Night is a multi-Lantern story. Featuring the JL, TT, JSA, Batfam and misc DC heroes.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-03-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Astonishing Member signalman112's Avatar

Best Buy is releasing a BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN steel book.

https://www******buy.com/site/batman...?skuId=6461267

BtLHsteelbook.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Best Buy is releasing a BATMAN: THE LONG HALLOWEEN steel book.

https://www******buy.com/site/batman...?skuId=6461267

BtLHsteelbook.jpg
    So it looks like the days of the Best Buy exclusive with the figure in it are coming to an end then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post

And even when she learned there was mind-control involved, she still didn't use the lasso, which would have saved Aquaman.

Even if she never learned Aquaman was being mind-controlled, IDK why she wouldn't use it against him anyway, and then that way they would have learned he was being mind controlled. The writers clearly knew the lasso was a plot hole so they just didn't have her use it at all to try and cover it up...

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    And even when she learned there was mind-control involved, she still didn't use the lasso, which would have saved Aquaman.

Even if she never learned Aquaman was being mind-controlled, IDK why she wouldn't use it against him anyway, and then that way they would have learned he was being mind controlled. The writers clearly knew the lasso was a plot hole so they just didn't have her use it at all to try and cover it up...
    They could have avoided the whole thing by including a line of dialogue about how the Lasso has lost its magical properties or something.

I dunno, the scripts for both this and Man of Tomorrow feel like 1st drafts than never got a polish.

Since the Flash movie will be coming out next year, dare I hope for a Flash animated movie as well? Flash, a JL movie featuring the shared universe versions coming together, and maybe a Shazam movie would be an awesome lineup. Aquaman getting a solo animated movie would be cool as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/