Page 106 of 152 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 2280
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    New images from The Long Halloween.

Looks like Renee Montoya is going to be in it?

Well I like to think it's more just me looking at it reasonably .
    I think history has shown the reasonable approach will be to expect DC to take any opportunity to shill Bruce or the Joker, but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I think history has shown the reasonable approach will be to expect DC to take any opportunity to shill Bruce or the Joker, but that's just me.
    I mean, it is a Bruce Batman story that involved no other heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I mean, it is a Bruce Batman story that involved no other heroes.
    With respect to Bruce, it's more that DC inserts him in projects he really has no business being in, such as JL Dark in the New 52. He was basically there to sell the book, but that's it.

With respect to Bruce, it's more that DC inserts him in projects he really has no business being in, such as JL Dark in the New 52. He was basically there to sell the book, but that's it.
    It was before Wonder Woman had joined that team in the comics and DC felt a bigger name should be present to see this team of relative unknowns.

Long Halloween doesn't have that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    It was before Wonder Woman had joined that team in the comics and DC felt a bigger name should be present to see this team of relative unknowns.

Long Halloween doesn't have that.
    I remember, but Shadowpact with Batman just waters down the concept. He has no place on that team other than commercial bullshit, and while Diana is a much better fit, a team with Constantine, Zee and Swamp Thing already has its niche and Batman can only get in the book's way.

Long Halloween placing emphasis on Joker doesn't make much sense other than "please buy this, Joker's in it!"

I remember, but Shadowpact with Batman just waters down the concept. He has no place on that team other than commercial bullshit, and while Diana is a much better fit, a team with Constantine, Zee and Swamp Thing already has its niche and Batman can only get in the book's way.

Long Halloween placing emphasis on Joker doesn't make much sense other than "please buy this, Joker's in it!"
    The book sure - but we're talking animated movie. You think WB was ever, ever, ever going to release a JLD feature out into the world without a Batman or Wonder Woman or Superman anchoring it? No. The first Suicide Squad movie, before the live action film had got them out into mainstream, was also a Batman movie. The recent JSA movie featured Wonder Woman. The Flash couldn't get a film unless it was disguised as a JL movie. We haven't had a GL film since the live action one tanked. These animated movies either has a member of the Trinity anchoring them, or are JL or Teen Titans movies (and even the first one featured the JL), or a live action film has made these characters popular. For JLD, it was a Batman anchor.

Agreed on Joker, but hopefully the movie winds up closer to a faithful adaptation of the book than advertised.

Do you think DC is ever going to make a Trinity animated film? I’m kind of surprised they haven’t, since they love sticking them on every piece of merch they can.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Do you think DC is ever going to make a Trinity animated film? I’m kind of surprised they haven’t, since they love sticking them on every piece of merch they can.
    They did but it was called Batmans and Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    They did but it was called Batmans and Superman
    Oh yeah...

It just doesn't come off that way to me, if only because we still see Catwoman and Grundy.
    I see them placing focus on the Trinity in JL movies, if not outright making a film that's just about them.

But it would probably be more likely than another WW solo film.

Superman/Batman: Apocalypse was technically a trinity movie.

I want one too, but only if it doesn't feel like Batman and His Amazing Friends or World's Finest and Wonder Third Wheel. They all need respect.

They could adapt the recent Trinity series with Francis Manapul. I think it's the one where they fight against Ra's, Lex and Circe.

Just make a second part to the Brave and the Bold episode.

You mean an adaptation of Matt Wagner's book? I could see this new DCAMU adapting it right before their first JL movie (unfortunately there's zero chance of an out of universe adaptation).