Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3070767778798081828384 ... LastLast
Results 1,186 to 1,200 of 1284
  1. #1186
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,262

    Default

    Countdown to Richard Dragon's comics counterpart becoming an Asian man who had been "coloring" his hair for years in 3....2....1....

  2. #1187
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    R-rating, wasn't expecting that (and the trailer sure doesn't look like it). Guessed right that it was Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva. Notice that she seems to be a hero in this one instead of a villain. Wonder if that's a change in the adaptation or if she's going to turn out to be turncoat or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  3. #1188
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Countdown to Richard Dragon's comics counterpart becoming an Asian man who had been "coloring" his hair for years in 3....2....1....
    It'd be nice to see Dragon in the comics again...and not Ricardo Diaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    R-rating, wasn't expecting that (and the trailer sure doesn't look like it). Guessed right that it was Kelly Hu as Lady Shiva. Notice that she seems to be a hero in this one instead of a villain. Wonder if that's a change in the adaptation or if she's going to turn out to be turncoat or something.
    Kelly Hu was confirmed as Shiva in the initial press release .

    I think in this instance it's less of her being a hero and more that she just has a reason to work with the heroes against Kobra.

  4. #1189
    Extraordinary Member j9ac9k's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,500

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think in this instance it's less of her being a hero and more that she just has a reason to work with the heroes against Kobra.
    I like the idea that O'Neil presented in "The Question" where she wasn't a hero or villain - she had her own agenda regardless of our sense of morality. Perhaps this story will present her departure from traditional morality and become a "bad guy."

  5. #1190
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Shiva can be ally or enemy depending on the situation. Sometimes it's because it's a global threatening situation like in Contagion/Legacy event in the 90's Bat books or maybe it just amuses to do so.

  6. #1191
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,843

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It'd be nice to see Dragon in the comics again...and not Ricardo Diaz.

    Kelly Hu was confirmed as Shiva in the initial press release .

    I think in this instance it's less of her being a hero and more that she just has a reason to work with the heroes against Kobra.
    Missed the press release (or forgot about it).

    Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Shiva can be ally or enemy depending on the situation. Sometimes it's because it's a global threatening situation like in Contagion/Legacy event in the 90's Bat books or maybe it just amuses to do so.
    Sure, but I have gathered that the character can be pure evil or a darker Catwoman-like antihero depending on the writer and was curious which way this project will swing.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  7. #1192
    Mighty Member John Venus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,521

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Sure, but I have gathered that the character can be pure evil or a darker Catwoman-like antihero depending on the writer and was curious which way this project will swing.
    The first comic I ever read with Shiva in it was part of the Legacy event where she helped Batman stop the LoA from unleashing the Legacy virus in Culcutta, India. Subsequent appearances were in the Cass Cain/Batgirl title where she was both a mentor and a villain. Based on how O'Neill and the writers who took his lead wrote her, Shiva is a force of nature. No more evil than a landslide or a storm and can even work in your favor depending on the circumstances. Though other writers often took on a more black and white or just did their own thing with her.

    I just hope the animated Shiva is close to O'Neill's take. The only thing that annoys me about writers using her is when they use her as a litmus test to show how bad ass their pet characters (**cough* Connor Hawk *cough* Huntress/Helena Bertinelli *cough*) and I hope they don't go that route with the movie.

  8. #1193
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Shadow of the Dragon looks great. Can't wait till it comes out. So, I'm collecting the DCAMU. What's the typical release schedule? I know that there's 4 a year and Dragon comes out January 26. So by that count, JSA WWII will come out April, part 1 of Long Halloween in July and part 2 in October? So, i'm guessing the pattern the past few years are releases Jan-April-July-October?

  9. #1194
    Spectacular Member the COMET's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Hardcore Station
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Countdown to Richard Dragon's comics counterpart becoming an Asian man who had been "coloring" his hair for years in 3....2....1....
    LOL that would be great!

    Richard is a weird name for an asian man tho. Unless one of his parents are from the west that went to live in asia after war-time, making him feel like an outsider in both countries so he follow his own path going to train in Nanda Parbat or something...

    Anyone excited to see Bronze Tiger? lately he seems interisting to me, i don't know much about the character. I'll look for stories of him, but a brand new modern origin story would be nice
    Last edited by the COMET; 11-21-2020 at 09:04 PM.

  10. #1195
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    LOL that would be great!

    Richard is a weird name for an asian man tho. Unless one of his parents are from the west that went to live in asia after war-time, making him feel like an outsider in both countries so he follow his own path going to train in Nanda Parbat or something...

    Anyone excited to see Bronze Tiger? lately he seems interisting to me, i don't know much about the character. I'll look for stories of him, but a brand new modern origin story would be nice
    Asian people often choose English first names to avoid having their given names mangled by Western pronunciation. And it's not like "Dragon" is a Asian last name either

    I suspect they'll have him be an Asian man who dyed his hair or make him of mixed ancestry. Given that the character was originally Asian, but was changed into a white guy due to, presumably, the racism of DC editorial, I've got no problem with them switching the character back if they intend to use Richard Dragon in the DCU moving forward.

  11. #1196
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,148

    Default

    Why do adaptions keep giving Shiva a sword? She's supposed to be a master hand-to-hand fighter, she shouldn't need a sword.

    Arkham Origins was the only exception.

  12. #1197
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    485

    Default

    So, here's a theory I have. Apocalypse War ends with Barry going through the Speed Force back in time again. So, after that we've gotten Superman Man of Tomorrow, the Batman Death in the Family prequel and soon, Shadow of the Dragon and others. I think it'd be cool if at some point, it comes out that Barry was observing these different universes trying to rejump the DCU again. I mean yeah we don't see him in those movies, and we're not sure how the shared universe is going to play out yet but that would be kind of cool if these movies were part of a larger shared universe story.

  13. #1198
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    So, here's a theory I have. Apocalypse War ends with Barry going through the Speed Force back in time again. So, after that we've gotten Superman Man of Tomorrow, the Batman Death in the Family prequel and soon, Shadow of the Dragon and others. I think it'd be cool if at some point, it comes out that Barry was observing these different universes trying to rejump the DCU again. I mean yeah we don't see him in those movies, and we're not sure how the shared universe is going to play out yet but that would be kind of cool if these movies were part of a larger shared universe story.
    I think we should be looking at the JSA movie and the Batman Long Halloween movies, as well as the 2022 slate, to see what the effect of Barry causing Flashpoint again is.

  14. #1199
    Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    5,030

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Were there any movies y'all wish they had done in the Justice League: War continuity? I kind of wanted to see a third Titans movie before half the characters got killed/ maimed.
    A list:

    Green Lantern: Blackest Night - A two part affair like TDKReturns and Death and Reign of Superman. Trim most of the fat by focusing on the main 7 multi-colored lanterns. Hal, Carol, Sinestro, Atroticus, Saint Walker, Larfleeze, and Indigo. Part 1 Hal and Carol recruit the others, across the universe. While the League and Titans battle the undead Earthside. Part 2, the united Lanterns showdown against Nekron.

    Flash: Brightest Day - Adapting the first arc of the Manapul New 52 run. When the Rogue's got metahuman powers from their weapons.

    Hawkman: Hawkworld - Adapting the Post-Crisis origin of Katar and Shayera on Thanagar as police officers.

    Aquaman: Obsidian Age - Adapting the JLA story of the same name. Shows how Arthur was the one who sunk Atlantis in the past and why.

    Teen Titans: Blackfire Invasion - Adapting the NTT story of Blackfire and her army or Gordainians vs the TT of the animated continuity. Damian, Raven, Connor, Jaime, Garfield, Dick, Kori, Donna, Bumble Bee, Wally and Roy.

    Suicide Squad: Joker's Wild - A new story featuring the Squad vs the Joker and one of his Royal Flush gangs. City at War (TMNT) gang war and crime wave.

    Justice League Dark: The JLD a series of murders and thefts in the magical community. As Morgan Le Fey pursues the philosopher's stone. Like the JL animated series 2 parter.

    Justice League International: In the same way Batman was used to help launch the JLD in the animated universe. Have Superman initiate a recruitment drive for the JLI. Fire, Ice, Guy, Booster, Ted Kord, Captain Atom and Rocket Red make the cut in their first adventure against Granny Goodness and the Furies.

  15. #1200
    Mighty Member Drako's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the COMET View Post
    Richard is a weird name for an asian man tho. Unless one of his parents are from the west that went to live in asia after war-time, making him feel like an outsider in both countries so he follow his own path going to train in Nanda Parbat or something...
    He can have his original chinese name and be known by other name, like Li Jun Fan is commonly known as Bruce Lee.

    And this movie actually interest me a lot, as a big fan of Bruce Lee, looks like Enter the Dragon meets Batman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •