Page 103 of 153 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2281

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Does this look different from WWII Aquaman? Because then you might get your shirt Aquaman . And it looks like they’re planning for Constantine to show up in this new universe. I’m expecting a JL movie for the 2022 slate as well, given the Multiverse angle I could see them adapting Forever Evil.
    Is this going to be their equivalent of a post credit scene? The side of a box hint?

Also, it looks like Constantine has the lasso of truth around him. Dare we hope that it's hinting at a JLD movie with Wonder Woman and Zatanna in the lead? Preferably without Constantine. >_>

Incredible Member

Constantine will be featured in an upcoming animated short. Btw, Wonder Woman is holding the lasso, not Constantine.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Actually I just used cut and paste and didn't edit out characters. I actually think the reason Cyborg isn't on the Titans is because he's already on Doom Patrol.
    Titans came before Doom Patrol. They chose to not put him in Titans in the first place,

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Is this going to be their equivalent of a post credit scene? The side of a box hint?

Also, it looks like Constantine has the lasso of truth around him. Dare we hope that it's hinting at a JLD movie with Wonder Woman and Zatanna in the lead? Preferably without Constantine. >_>
    Witching Hour would be a great ans easy adaptation yes.

If there's a JLD movie, Constantine will be in it. It's like asking for a Justice League movie but hoping Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman won't make an appearance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Titans came before Doom Patrol. They chose to not put him in Titans in the first place,
    ...and? They chose not to put him in Titans in the first place because they knew they were going to put him in Doom Patrol instead. I'm sure the creatives and executives in charge of these shows talk to each other, it's not like the Titans guys were like "Woah, you're going to use Cyborg? That's so unexpected since we didn't see it coming and skipped him for reasons other than for him to be on your show." So I don't see the problem that he's not on Titans. I mean sure, he's a classic Titans character, I get that. But it makes sense if these shows share a universe that he can only appear on one at a time for basic plot and scheduling reasons, and Doom Patrol is the show they decided he'd fit on the best.

Does this look different from WWII Aquaman? Because then you might get your shirt Aquaman . And it looks like they’re planning for Constantine to show up in this new universe. I’m expecting a JL movie for the 2022 slate as well, given the Multiverse angle I could see them adapting Forever Evil.
    I wonder if that's supposed to be a stylistic rendition of Aquaman in JSA...although he doesn't look as "evil," so it might not be.

I think Constantine is on there to represent his DC Showcase short. Which I guess might also be in the Lukic continuity?

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

I hope they don’t repeat the mistake they made with the last shared universe, let’s get a Flash or GL movie! Insane to me that with how popular the Flash is right now, DC won’t put out an animated movie about him, and no ensembles don’t count.
    Idk why they ending the last shared universe, just to create a new one. It's like the never ending company wide reboots DC goes through every 5-10 years.

I've been questioning where the GL and Flash movies were myself. Doing a dual Blackest Night movie for GL; in the vein of Death/Reign of Superman and The Dark Knight Returns. Would have been an easy lay-up. Focusing on the GL's and the multiple colored lanterns people actually care about (Guy, John, Kyle, Sinestro, Carol, Atroticus, Saint Walker, Larflezze, and Indigo), instead of the score and scores of auxiliary lanterns that don't matter. With the JL, JLD, TT and Suicide Squad defending the Earth from the Black Lanterns.

With as popular as the Flash CW is. Barry not getting a second shot on animation was a crime. Sinister Six style Rogues movie, Hot Pursuit and the Multiverse, or Manapul style mystery arc. All easy enough to adapt.

I'm still salty that we won't be getting a third Teen Titans movie. The planned Blackfire and Gordanian invasion film.

We are just super saturated with Batman, Superman and JL films. When I heard the League was in this JSA film, I wanted to scream.

Blackest Night I’d argue doesn’t have the weight outside of a shared universe. You need to slowly build up to it by killing characters off, by doing Sinestro Corps War, etc.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Blackest Night I’d argue doesn’t have the weight outside of a shared universe. You need to slowly build up to it by killing characters off, by doing Sinestro Corps War, etc.
    I'd still like to see Sinestro Corps War first, but you could just have an army of the faceless dead for Blackest Night

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    I'd still like to see Sinestro Corps War first, but you could just have an army of the faceless dead for Blackest Night
    What Thezmage said. Faceless undead with black lantern uniforms and power rings vs the heroes of DC's animated Earth would be the way to go. Not a straight, one to one adaptation of the comic, but keep the spirit of the event.

Plus, the New 52 animated verse had a pretty stacked body count of known villains (Ra's, Brother Blood, Terra, Slade, Riddler, Silver Banshee, Doomsday, Reverse Flash), anti-heroes (Suicide Squad's dead members), heroes (Atlanna) and civilians to resurrect and wreak havoc.

With two 90 minute movies; you can spend part 1 with Hal and Carol recruiting the other Lanterns across the universe. Sinestro in Oa's prison (from First Flight), Atroticus, Saint Walker, Indigo, Larfleeze. A quest the Ganthet sends Hal on, to fulfill a prophecy of light up the dark.

While on Earth, the main League are dispatched across the world to defend cities, the Batfam defends Gotham, the Suicide Squad defends where ever Waller is, the Titans New York City, and the Dark League (Constantine, Fate, Zatanna and Etrigan have their own battle to fight. Remember Black Lantern Swamp Thing? I'd keep John Stewart on Earth and have Guy and Kyle defend Oa. Like in the comics.

Part 2 would have the 7 multi-colored Lanterns arrive on Earth for their battle with Black Hand and Nekron. With most of Earth's defenders being turned by the Black Lanterns themselves. While Kyle, Guy, Kilowog and the GL Corps are being overrun on Oa. Last stand to destroy the Lantern horde by destroying the Central Power Battery. Like Kyle did in the comics. Do the Lantern deputy thing from the comics and have Barry be Blue, Mera be Red, WW be Pink, Palmer be Indigo, Luthor be Orange and Batman be Yellow. Along with John Stewart and Hal Jordan, the 14 Lanterns defeat Nekron, Black Hand and restore life to the universe.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-30-2021 at 05:29 PM.

Extraordinary Member

and he just had a movie this year

I'm lowkey surprised they haven't had a Trinity movie yet considering how much DC likes to brag about them...

I guess Batman/Superman: Apocalypses was kind of a Trinity movie?

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    What Thezmage said. Faceless undead with black lantern uniforms and power rings vs the heroes of DC's animated Earth would be the way to go. Not a straight, one to one adaptation of the comic, but keep the spirit of the event.

Plus, the New 52 animated verse had a pretty stacked body count of known villains (Ra's, Brother Blood, Terra, Slade, Riddler, Silver Banshee, Doomsday, Reverse Flash), anti-heroes (Suicide Squad's dead members), heroes (Atlanna) and civilians to resurrect and wreak havoc.

With two 90 minute movies; you can spend part 1 with Hal and Carol recruiting the other Lanterns across the universe. Sinestro in Oa's prison (from First Flight), Atroticus, Saint Walker, Indigo, Larfleeze. A quest the Ganthet sends Hal on, to fulfill a prophecy of light up the dark.

While on Earth, the main League are dispatched across the world to defend cities, the Batfam defends Gotham, the Suicide Squad defends where ever Waller is, the Titans New York City, and the Dark League (Constantine, Fate, Zatanna and Etrigan have their own battle to fight. Remember Black Lantern Swamp Thing? I'd keep John Stewart on Earth and have Guy and Kyle defend Oa. Like in the comics.

Part 2 would have the 7 multi-colored Lanterns arrive on Earth for their battle with Black Hand and Nekron. With most of Earth's defenders being turned by the Black Lanterns themselves. Do the Lantern deputy thing from the comics and have Barry be Blue, Mera be Red, WW be Pink, Palmer be Indigo, Luthor be Orange and Batman be Yellow. Along with John Stewart and Hal Jordan, the 14 Lanterns defeat Nekron, Black Hand and restore life to the universe.

Nah. The only decent with a good lineup from that universe were the Titans! Diverse (several POC and women) and powerful... wasn’t a fan of the JL, JLD and SS lineups so I’m hoping they do better. Also not a fan of how they treated John, and even Hal in the films

They will do another Superman/BatmanAnd Wonder Woman (look we gave her a couple of cool action scenes okay, isn't that enough? movie at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    Nah. The only decent with a good lineup from that universe were the Titans! Diverse (several POC and women) and powerful... wasn’t a fan of the JL, JLD and SS lineups so I’m hoping they do better. Also not a fan of how they treated John, and even Hal in the films
    I'm with you, mate. I wanted that third Titans movie with the Blackfire and Gordanian invasion. With the Gordaians being involved, the DCAU could've brought in the Thangarian Hawkgirl. Blackfire is a known galactic criminal and she does kill Shayera in the comics. A chance for redemption for our fair bird woman.

They will do another Superman/BatmanAnd Wonder Woman (look we gave her a couple of cool action scenes okay, isn't that enough? movie at some point.
    That's what WW Bloodlines was for. A backdoor pilot, to inspire intrigue in a WW animated series.

Perhaps we should start a hashtag movement.

#restoretheDCAUverse