Page 126 of 153 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 2281
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    spoilers:
    I didn't care for them using Emerald Twilight because A. it seemingly kills off most of the main GL's and their mythos, B. it falls flat because they couldn't really do Parallax justice within the confines of the story they were telling, C. they chumped out Sinestro (and Hal in a way), and it just seems like this franchise can't help but hurt itself.
    end of spoilers
    Well...

spoilers:
    A. The film does end with John setting out to rebuild the Corps, so there's that. I've seen some speculation online that we may get the likes of Simon Baz or Jessica Cruz as among the new recruits. And some of the original Lanterns could still be out there, or get resurrected. The GLC was rebuilt in the comics...in fact I think we could get a Green Lantern: Rebirth story down the line. But before that I want to see them play with this new status quo.

B. Agreed. I think the Rann-Thanagar War just wasn't needed. They should have kept the focus on the destruction of the GLC, Sinestro, Hal's corruption, and John's origin story.

C. Totally agree. The fights looked visually impressive but didn't stand up to logical scrutiny. A rookie John nearly defeating Parallax made next to no sense.
    end of spoilers

On a somewhat related note, there's been a persistent rumor that the DC Animated Original Movies have been building up to an animated COIE adaptation. What do you'll think about that? I do feel that with the Tomorrowverse they could potentially be building up to that (rather too rapidly I feel...Beware My Power has already leapfrogged over the formation of the Justice League, for instance).

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    On a somewhat related note, there's been a persistent rumor that the DC Animated Original Movies have been building up to an animated COIE adaptation. What do you'll think about that? I do feel that with the Tomorrowverse they could potentially be building up to that (rather too rapidly I feel...Beware My Power has already leapfrogged over the formation of the Justice League, for instance).
    My concern is that they are sidelining the Corps just so the Justice League can be the ones to address the Crisis.

And I think Constantine's punishment from "House of Mystery" is that he'll play the role of Pariah in the story. (unless there was already a follow-up that I missed)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    And I think Constantine's punishment from "House of Mystery" is that he'll play the role of Pariah in the story. (unless there was already a follow-up that I missed)
    It could be a complete coincidence but a lot of the last few DC Showcase shorts have involved the Multiverse or some kind of tear in the fabric of time and reality.

Like Blue Beetle, as comedic as that was, had Dr. Spectro escape in a random tear in reality that no one questions.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I was spoiled regarding the end of Green Lantern: Beware My Power. I haven’t seen the full movie yet.

Did anyone enjoy this movie?

I enjoyed it.

There were baffling choices made and I feel this movie will piss off fans of John and Hal [needlessly] but I enjoyed it.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

We haven't talked Super Sons in this thread. We have in the other thread. Judging by the reaction to Beware My Power and the low views on the Super Sons trailer. I don't think this film is going to make it.

We haven't talked Super Sons in this thread. We have in the other thread. Judging by the reaction to Beware My Power and the low views on the Super Sons trailer. I don't think this film is going to make it.

I think it will do fine. I mean, imo it looks pretty great, for a non-theatrical CGI movie, the voices sound good, and it just looks interesting. It's actually got me excited to watch it, and everyone who frequents either the Batman or Superman sections knows I'm not a fan of the Sons. So if it can interest a skeptic like me, it should do pretty well I hope. I don't know, it just seems like a fun not complicated type of film that should do well.

Between the two solo WW films, which do you all prefer?

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

WW is pretty generic but okay for the most part. Bloodlines combines elements from Perez, Jimenez and Rucka and is overstuffed like Batman Bad Blood was overstuffed.

I liked different elements of both movies.

I don't think either was perfect but I think they got different parts of the mythos right.

But yeah, Bloodlines definitely had too much going on like Bad Blood did.

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

WW is pretty generic but okay for the most part. Bloodlines combines elements from Perez, Jimenez and Rucka and is overstuffed like Batman Bad Blood was overstuffed.
    Never saw the first one. Liked parts of Bloodlines, but I will concede it was all over the place (and ended on a cliffhanger that was never going to be followed up on).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

WW 2009

WW Bloodlines

Neither's particularly great, imo.

WW'09 is a mostly serviceable origin film but it's Steve Trevor has aged like milk left out in the sun for a week. As a modernized retelling of Perez's Gods & Mortals it also misses the point of the story with the climax being just another fight.

It's Ares design is also complete ass. Embarrassing they didn't go with Perez's Ares design.

---

Bloodlines had way too much going on it but it's WW was better characterized than she had been in that previous series of DC New 52 films, even if Rosario Dawson's VA work was pretty stiff (as was most VA work in that universe though). Though I do appreciate the "throw everything at the wall" in certain respects.

Both are better animated WWs than the DCAU though, so there's that at least.
    Last edited by Gaius; 08-18-2022 at 10:07 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Get a physical copy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Neither's particularly great, imo.

WW'09 is a mostly serviceable origin film but it's Steve Trevor has aged like milk left out in the sun for a week. As a modernized retelling of Perez's Gods & Mortals it also misses the point of the story with the climax being just another fight.

It's Ares design is also complete ass. Embarrassing they didn't go with Perez's Ares design.

---

Bloodlines had way too much going on it but it's WW was better characterized than she had been in that previous series of DC New 52 films, even if Rosario Dawson's VA work was pretty stiff (as was most VA work in that universe though). Though I do appreciate the "throw everything at the wall" in certain respects.

Both are better animated WWs than the DCAU though, so there's that at least.
    I feel like Dawson really grew as Diana over time and particularly shined in that movie, but to each their own .

Bloodlines definitely had the better Steve and Etta.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Never saw the first one. Liked parts of Bloodlines, but I will concede it was all over the place (and ended on a cliffhanger that was never going to be followed up on).
    I recall details from SDCC 2019. The producers of the DCAMU hoped that Bloodlines would inspire the executives at WB to greenlight a full animated series. It's one of the reasons they gave for Bloodlines being so stuffed. It was a trapdoor pilot for a show. Then, they were hit with the news that JLD Apokolips War would be the last movie in the current series. So the plans never materialized.

With any luck, Veronica Cale was eaten by a Paradoom during Apokolips War.

Bloodlines would have been better if they had used Circe as the main villain.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly

I recall details from SDCC 2019. The producers of the DCAMU hoped that Bloodlines would inspire the executives at WB to greenlight a full animated series. It's one of the reasons they gave for Bloodlines being so stuffed. It was a trapdoor pilot for a show. Then, they were hit with the news that JLD Apokolips War would be the last movie in the current series. So the plans never materialized.

With any luck, Veronica Cale was eaten by a Paradoom during Apokolips War.
    The recent JSA movie also included failed plans for a WW show.

The CBR Community Guidelines & Rules
    | Report but also PM me directly