Page 53 of 153 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    It begun with Flashpoint and is undone by Flashpoint. Too bad Barry pretty much fell off the map after his one movie.
    The most disappointing part is Christopher Gorham is actually a pretty good Barry voice. It's a shame he never got much to do.

Extraordinary Member

Shazam had an epic death

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The most disappointing part is Christopher Gorham is actually a pretty good Barry voice. It's a shame he never got much to do.
    How is it Flash never got another animated movie? Isn’t the TV show proof enough he has a fanbase?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    But how they went about handling it is, in itself, a creative choice and how they built upon it through multiple movies and incorporating many different elements of the DCU.

Batman Beyond was something that came up from the DCAU team working around WB's insistence on a teen Batman show, so I don't think something's inception stemming from corporate mandate is necesarilly a bad thing. WB wanted an animated WW movie and we got Bloodlines.
    Again, it's not an either/or situation. You can have great stuff stemming from corporate mandates, as we got with Batman Beyond, but it can't be the primary force behind the creative endeavor. Unfortunately, despite some bright spots here and there, this shared animated continuity always felt stunted because it wasn't being driven by creative choices, but by the corporate bean counters. James Tucker's recent Word Balloon interview laid it out pretty clearly, although he was careful not to point any fingers. I applaud Tucker and company for being able to produce some pretty decent stuff given the situation they were saddled with, but that doesn't make this whole thing a creative success story in my books.

If these movies worked for you, great. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I really dug a handful of them, too, like the first Death of Superman and Bloodlines, but I think the creative team were stuck trying to build on a shaky foundation from the get go. They tried valiantly to course correct, but it simply didn't work for the most part.

that film was really like a supervillain's wet dream. I thought Emperor Palpatine and Thanos had the most epic victories in villain history. But Darkseid might take it.
    The J-man

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

I am up to Death of Superman got some catching up to do lol. Anyone tell me which films aren't in continuity?

BvR is probably my fav so far in this universe.
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member CPSparkles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    The Titans really needed a third movie before this one. Showing that awesome roster and then making a bunch of sacrificial lambs out of them was just cruel lol
    There was a 3rd TT movie planned set shortly after Starfire arrived on Earth and following the OG TT's that we saw at the start of Judas Contract. Dick Grayson's TT team.

I liked this Animated Universe. Sad to see it end.

Astonishing Member

Boy, the more I learn about Apokolips War, the less I want to know about Apokolips War.

Quote Originally Posted by CPSparkles View Post
    I liked this Animated Universe. Sad to see it end.
    It is sad.

As the old song says: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

I am looking forward to the new DC Animations...whatever they may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    I am up to Death of Superman got some catching up to do lol. Anyone tell me which films aren't in continuity?

BvR is probably my fav so far in this universe.
    The non continuity movies after Death of Superman are;
    JL fatal Five
    Batman v TMNT
    Wonder Woman BloodLines
    Superman Red Son
    that's it.

Reign of Superman, Hush and JLD Apokolpis War are set in this universe.

Here's a full list of all the Dc animated movies to date and info on which are set in the shared universe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Uni...riginal_Movies

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Boy, the more I learn about Apokolips War, the less I want to know about Apokolips War.

It is sad.

As the old song says: "Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

I am looking forward to the new DC Animations...whatever they may be.
    I like that and it is indeed true.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

JL fatal Five
    Batman v TMNT
    Wonder Woman BloodLines
    Superman Red Son
    that's it.

Here's a full list of all the Dc animated movies to date and info on which are set in the shared universe

Wonder Woman Bloodlines is absolutely part of the animated continuity.

I'm seeing a lot of favorable comments like this on twitter about the new JL Dark movie. Also hearing Superman is done well in it. Yay, can't wait for the blu-ray.

"I just finished Justice League Dark:Apokolips War with (10/10)
    The movie directly picks from Reign of Superman where the league decides to march an attack on Apokolips to end Darkseid's invasions.The movies is amazing with lots of unexpected turns and brutality.what a masterpiece"

JL fatal Five
    Batman v TMNT
    Wonder Woman BloodLines
    Superman Red Son
    that's it.

JLvsFF and Batman vs TMNT are both pretty good. The former done in the old DCAU style, and the latter has great interactions between the two groups (mix of classic and early 2000s TMNT animated characters, personality wise).

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    How is it Flash never got another animated movie? Isn’t the TV show proof enough he has a fanbase?
    Maybe the creators just didn't have an idea for it? He did get a Lego movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Again, it's not an either/or situation. You can have great stuff stemming from corporate mandates, as we got with Batman Beyond, but it can't be the primary force behind the creative endeavor. Unfortunately, despite some bright spots here and there, this shared animated continuity always felt stunted because it wasn't being driven by creative choices, but by the corporate bean counters. James Tucker's recent Word Balloon interview laid it out pretty clearly, although he was careful not to point any fingers. I applaud Tucker and company for being able to produce some pretty decent stuff given the situation they were saddled with, but that doesn't make this whole thing a creative success story in my books.
    I agree some of the movies they had to make definitely came down high from WB (not that that was necessarily a bad thing since we got Bloodlines out of it) but I don't think that prevented the line from being driven by the creators to some extent. There were too many films in this continuity for that to have not happened in my opinion.
    If these movies worked for you, great. I'm glad you enjoyed them. I really dug a handful of them, too, like the first Death of Superman and Bloodlines, but I think the creative team were stuck trying to build on a shaky foundation from the get go. They tried valiantly to course correct, but it simply didn't work for the most part.
    I thought it did, but to each their own.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Seeing those two duke it out is the one clap I'll give this movie. I thought that was implemented well and made sense. Usually, when one big bad tries to destroy the world you would think if another big bad would try to stop them, especially if they're living in that said world.
    Trigon rules Earth? I thought he's in his own dimension. But then again I haven't been following these movies.

I would loved to see Black Adam, Shaggy Man, Chemo, Grundy, Vandal Savage, any of the big brutes who are actually on Earth team-up and take on Darkseid.