Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2328

The New 52 stuff was worth watching even if they clearly cut the budget on the later stuff. The current DC animated stuff is unwatchable.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    That was the best case scenario, too bad they were too obsessed with this concept.
    Yeah its a necessary evil. While I'm not a fan of the idea of synergy movies, the animated movie department needs a tremendous kick in the pants cause they refuse to fix their bad habits.

At the very least if we start getting good financial backing for upcoming films thats a boon to be gained from this.

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    The New 52 stuff was worth watching even if they clearly cut the budget on the later stuff. The current DC animated stuff is unwatchable.
    Yeah, this new universe feels lifeless.
    They clearly don't have any budget for the animation, but they should at least try to compensate with the script.

But i'll never forget this "awesome" moment of the heroes after the threat was solved.

Last edited by Drako; 04-25-2024 at 08:09 AM.
    DC: Dick Grayson, Wally West, Donna Troy, Yara Flor, Titans

Some of my favorite Mangas: One Piece, Slam Dunk, Fullmetal Alchemist, HunterXHunter, Vinland Saga, Monster, Berserk, Vagabond.
    Current reading: Jujutsu Kaisen, Chainsaw Man, Spy X Family, Kaiju Nș8, Blue Lock, Dandadan.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    It's hilarious that they released it so close to another X-Men 97 episode. The difference of animation and storytelling quality is just embarrassing
    I guess this would be the equivalent of Marvel's close to long decade of mediocrity in their cartoons (just compare X-Men '97 to Avengers Assemble)
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrac View Post
    So, they really did spend like 2 cents on this movie, put Batman on it despite batman barely being on the original event, and hoped no one else would mock it all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mai Zen View Post
    I do wonder they put Batman as bait for more people watching. Nevertheless Batman portrayal there become one of the hated things I see from fellow fans
    And Wonder Woman is on the cover despite barely doing anything (and a really problematic take on the Amazons).
    It's more and more obvious, that Tomorrowverse in general was just one huge mistake in the first place. The quality didn't improve (though Man of Tomorrow and Long Halloween were ok), and at least DCAMU had an audience and it's still being discussed.
    There's a zero discussion about Crisis among even hardcore fans.
    there was definitely more hype with the DCAMU by comparison.

I don't know if it was a mistake because there's stuff I enjoyed about it (LoS was fun and I'm like one of five people who liked the JSA film) even if the quality was nowhere near consistent or delivering some of their best movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    It becomes even more hilarious with the new film universe wanting to make animated movies, they had to rush the Tomorrowverse to a sudden ending.

Which wouldn't be an issue to begin with had they just taken a break from shared universes after the DCAMU and went back to standalone films. Everything thats happening is squarely on them.
    That was the best case scenario, too bad they were too obsessed with this concept.
    I can kind of see wanting to start out with a fresh slate and do new stories (even if people were complaining about a shared universe way back when the DCAMU was going to begin with) even if it didn't end up justifying itself by the end.
    Yeah its a necessary evil. While I'm not a fan of the idea of synergy movies, the animated movie department needs a tremendous kick in the pants cause they refuse to fix their bad habits.

At the very least if we start getting good financial backing for upcoming films thats a boon to be gained from this.
    I don't know if I'm going to be down for everything having to tie-in to the Gunn-verse either. Probably get less to none DTV's.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't know if it was a mistake because there's stuff I enjoyed about it (LoS was fun and I'm like one of five people who liked the JSA film) even if the quality was nowhere near consistent or delivering some of their best movies.
    From logical standpoint it seems like a mistake. I would understand their decision to shut down DCAMU, if they wanted to completely abandon shared universe model for a time being in favor of standalone projects. But they killed off a franchise that at least had its audience, and replace it with a lifeless thing that nobody cares about.

From logical standpoint it seems like a mistake. I would understand their decision to shut down DCAMU, if they wanted to completely abandon shared universe model for a time being in favor of standalone projects. But they killed off a franchise that at least had its audience, and replace it with a lifeless thing that nobody cares about.
    I mean, I like their version of Superman, Flash, the JSA, Supergirl, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    Yeah, this new universe feels lifeless.
    They clearly don't have any budget for the animation, but they should at least try to compensate with the script.

But i'll never forget this "awesome" moment of the heroes after the threat was solved.

Haven't seen Part 2 yet, but considering the first movie was "Amazo and his Amazing Friends" I'm not expecting much. (between Amazo and the Crime Syndicate, I was truly baffled how they chose to spend their time)
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-25-2024 at 04:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Haven't seen Part 2 yet, but considering the first movie was "Amazo and his Amazing Friends" I'm not expecting much. (between Amazo and the Crime Syndicate, I was truly baffled how they chose to spend their time)
    Hope you like Psycho-Pirate!

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

It's more and more obvious, that Tomorrowverse in general was just one huge mistake in the first place. The quality didn't improve (though Man of Tomorrow and Long Halloween were ok), and at least DCAMU had an audience and it's still being discussed.
    There's a zero discussion about Crisis among even hardcore fans.
    It becomes even more hilarious with the new film universe wanting to make animated movies, they had to rush the Tomorrowverse to a sudden ending.

Which wouldn't be an issue to begin with had they just taken a break from shared universes after the DCAMU and went back to standalone films. Everything thats happening is squarely on them.
    I recall back in 2020, that the DCAMU was brought to an abrupt end with very little notice. I think all we got for an explanation was that sales were lagging and TPTB wanted a clean slate. You can check The Numbers website for home video sales, and you’ll see the DCAMU films all out-perform the Tomorrowverse films by a lot. I don’t believe the lagging sales argument. I think DC wanted a reboot just cause and mandated a rush to the end with Apokolips War. Leaving so many things unfulfilled and having characters make dumb decisions to make the plot of that movie happen.

They dumped an established shared universe for a different shared universe and new art style. I suspect low sales, a slashed animation budget on these films and the upcoming Gunnverse (total brand synergy) killed the Tomorrowverse. Just as it was getting started.

We know TPTB have been wanting to do COIE since they mentioned it at SDCC 2017. DC’s biggest story ever, and the results so far have been underwhelming. I am puzzled why they waited till the end with COIE to establish that this is a continuation of the DCAMU. It only really appeals to fans of the defunct universe.

——————————-

I was admittedly a little hyped up for COIE Part 2. I was making an abridged list of the two universes. Goal was to trim the excess fat (mainly the Batman super-saturation) and focus the narrative to each conclusion. After COIE Part2, I lost some joy in doing this. I hoped to share the list and have a watch party with my Marvel friends. They are all enjoying X-Men 97 atm. I never felt the release order worked for the DCAMU movies. So I organized them by sequential order and paired like-with-like where I could.

Last edited by Doctor Know; 04-26-2024 at 05:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Wow....that was..bad.

So much silence, lingering shots, waste of storylines.

They tried to expand on Psycho Pirate and Kara but it seemed rather useless and too much screentime.

So many characters make stupid decisions. Especially what they did with the Batfam....

spoilers:
    They're facing off against shadow demons but Bruce insults all of them so what happens? They all begin to fight each other before Huntress/Robin take on Batman and kick his ass. The demons just look on.

It takes Bruce being attacked by the shadow demons for everyone to come together and fend them off again
    end of spoilers
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure the Batfamily stuff happened that way because

spoilers:
    Psycho Pirate was powered up and affecting everyone to cause that in-fighting, same with Wonder Woman & Hippolyta, Superman, etc.
    end of spoilers

However, I agree that the film just wasn't that good. It feels all over the place, rather than centered on the events of the Crisis itself. Too much time is wasted on things that just aren't important or aren't entertaining. I'm hoping for an exciting final movie, but I have low expectations.

absolute dogshit
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

They should have never killed off the DCAMU! Sure it had its detractors but the fanbase it built was loyal and the DTV’s had stable sales! Would have loved to have gotten another Teen Titans film (that lineup was solid), some more proper JL films (where each would have introduced a new character or two like Hawkgirl, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Vixen, Black Lightning…etc). Definitely could have used a Flash film and a Green Lantern film (focused on Hal/John)…. Oh what could have been!
    Done with DC. Can't handle the constant whiplash! Time to go on a hiatus!

Poor Meg Donnelly. Getting so close to playing Supergirl on the big screen, only to settle for this mediocrity.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by James Cameron View Post

absolute dogshit
    That sums up the film perfectly.