Page 138 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2328

As soon as I can I'm getting Scooby-Doo! and Krypto too! on DVD, but I'm waiting for Crisis and Watchmen to come out on streaming and spending no extra money on them. That's where this franchise is at, the Scooby-Doo take on the DC universe is must see while the biggest most wishlisted adaptation for DC of all time CoIE is a non factor on the excite-o-meter. I (rightly) bitched a lot about the Tucker-verse, it sucked eggs more often than not, but it churned out some good every blue moon or so and rarely went for the character assassination thing that's become the Tomorrow-verse's bread and butter. As much as I hated the Tucker-verse, them doing CoIE would've at least gotten my attention, even if by a smidge, but this current team's track record with this current DC-verse has instilled zero faith in me that they can deliver anything interesting. I loved their first movie, MoT is one of my faves it really is, but with each passing entry since I view that film more and more as some strange kind of fluke they have no chance of replicating. I mean they even ruined The Long Halloween for me, and to fuck that story line up so bad when all you gotta do is follow the comic to ensure a home run kinda shows just how inept and incompetent this team must be. So yeah, Crisis on Infinite Earths is something I'll catch on streaming when I feel like it, and isn't even something I'll likely watch the first week it's available to stream either.

As far as Watchmen is concerned - I've seen the live action version, I've seen the webcomic version, honestly at this point I'm good.

I miss desperately the years of around 2015-2020-ish. Why? Because even whenever this DTV line dragged, as it often did and still does imo, we'd still get these other DC DTVs that were no relation. JLA Adventures, Batman Unlimited, the LEGO DC movies, Scooby-Doo meets Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Batman Ninja, Batman vs the TMNT. And yeah, at least I'm getting the Scooby and Krypto film for some DC goodness, but there's little chance going forward of getting something else akin to the toy-based JLA Adventures or Batman Unlimited, probably no more anime stuff or unexpected crossover stuff, and the lego line seems dead. The period going forward with CoIE and Watchmen are likely to ONLY have those movies and nothing else. And this is not a team who makes me excited because "OMG ya'll, they're doing Crisis! What a big event!" just no, lord almighty no. I'd have more faith if they were just doing a normal scale non-event movie. Have them go back to small stories and work their way up to an event. But CoIE out of nowhere just has no interest for me. And worse? According to every single bit of speculation ever, this is mostly gonna rely on nostalgia by seeing other versions of DC characters from older cartoons, like the DCAU guys returning, and if I have zero faith in this team handling their own lesser takes on DC heroes, why would I want to see them handle and probably slaughter, both characterization-wise and in the actual plot, my favorite takes on these heroes? That's just not appealing.

So yeah, all these big event announcements that WB expects to make fans gush in excitement, but the execution has been so piss poor for so long that these film announcements are a far, far, far distant second to seeing the Scooby Doo take on these heroes and villains. Because at least Scooby's kinda consistent and good. The trailer looks good. It was leaked months ago and people seemed to enjoy it. More than I can say for the last however many films this team's made.

God just give me a JLA Adventures 2 already. Or anything else DC made by different people, really.

We'll probably get more DC Anime depending on how the Suicide Squad Isekai is received, I imagine.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We'll probably get more DC Anime depending on how the Suicide Squad Isekai is received, I imagine.
    Crosses fingers we get that Lazarus tournaments arc animated

Oh thank god! I completely forgot this was a thing we're getting, thank you for reminding me!

So, Scooby Doo's DC adventure and Joker and Harley replacing the cast of Goblin Slayer are the two DC things I'm hyped for, and not Crisis.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Crosses fingers we get that Lazarus tournaments arc animated
    Okay that would make a great anime.

It has all the cliche's even like multiple different rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Oh thank god! I completely forgot this was a thing we're getting, thank you for reminding me!

So, Scooby Doo's DC adventure and Joker and Harley replacing the cast of Goblin Slayer are the two DC things I'm hyped for, and not Crisis.
    Creature Commandos?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I watched Warworld today. Batman had the best short story. Diana had the worst. Seriously, can the writers/animators not get her personality right at all? Timmverse, DCAU, Tomorrowverse. All have terrible Dianas. I was digging Clark’s noir story in a bottle mystery. Then, just as soon as it starts it’s over. Lame.

The split stories of the 3 characters was a novel idea. Similar to the Sin City movies. I would’ve been satisfied with that. If they had fully realized the short stories and made them longer. The last 3rd of the movie becoming an assault on Warworld with Mongol, Lobo and the White Martians; demonstrated once again the “everything and the kitchen sink” mentality of these these films.

Legion of Superheroes
    GL Beware My Power
    JSA WW2
    Superman Man of Tomorrow

All have way too much going on. Batman Bad Blood and WW Bloodlines were the same in the old continuity but this is every movie now.

Here’s hoping the 3 part Crisis movie has things paced out properly.
    Weirdly enough all these are kind of original stories (Man of Tomorrow while heavily based on, is not a direct adaptation of American Alien) so it just winds up feeling like they couldn't settle in a single idea for each movie and just tried to do everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    Weirdly enough all these are kind of original stories (Man of Tomorrow while heavily based on, is not a direct adaptation of American Alien) so it just winds up feeling like they couldn't settle in a single idea for each movie and just tried to do everything.
    Even the Tucker DCAMU could be jam-packed with a lot in a single movie...

Thrones of Atlantis had to juggle the Justice League's second mission as a team together with multiple romance arcs and Aquaman's origin story.

Bad Blood had introducing a Batfamily concept with Batwoman and Batwing while also doing Dick and Damian as Batman and Robin mixed in with the tail end of Morrison's run with Talia as the Big Bad.

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines had a bunch of Wonder Woman villains in one movie mixed in with a central Silver Swan plot and Medusa.

Reign of the Superman had to combine Reign and Return.

Apokolips War speaks for itself.

Creature Commandos?
    Can't really get excited for that, I've no handle on what Gunn will do with them. Like I love Peacemaker but that'd be all wrong here I think. We'll see.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    As soon as I can I'm getting Scooby-Doo! and Krypto too! on DVD, but I'm waiting for Crisis and Watchmen to come out on streaming and spending no extra money on them. That's where this franchise is at, the Scooby-Doo take on the DC universe is must see while the biggest most wishlisted adaptation for DC of all time CoIE is a non factor on the excite-o-meter. I (rightly) bitched a lot about the Tucker-verse, it sucked eggs more often than not, but it churned out some good every blue moon or so and rarely went for the character assassination thing that's become the Tomorrow-verse's bread and butter. As much as I hated the Tucker-verse, them doing CoIE would've at least gotten my attention, even if by a smidge, but this current team's track record with this current DC-verse has instilled zero faith in me that they can deliver anything interesting. I loved their first movie, MoT is one of my faves it really is, but with each passing entry since I view that film more and more as some strange kind of fluke they have no chance of replicating. I mean they even ruined The Long Halloween for me, and to fuck that story line up so bad when all you gotta do is follow the comic to ensure a home run kinda shows just how inept and incompetent this team must be. So yeah, Crisis on Infinite Earths is something I'll catch on streaming when I feel like it, and isn't even something I'll likely watch the first week it's available to stream either.

As far as Watchmen is concerned - I've seen the live action version, I've seen the webcomic version, honestly at this point I'm good.

I miss desperately the years of around 2015-2020-ish. Why? Because even whenever this DTV line dragged, as it often did and still does imo, we'd still get these other DC DTVs that were no relation. JLA Adventures, Batman Unlimited, the LEGO DC movies, Scooby-Doo meets Batman: The Brave and the Bold, Batman Ninja, Batman vs the TMNT. And yeah, at least I'm getting the Scooby and Krypto film for some DC goodness, but there's little chance going forward of getting something else akin to the toy-based JLA Adventures or Batman Unlimited, probably no more anime stuff or unexpected crossover stuff, and the lego line seems dead. The period going forward with CoIE and Watchmen are likely to ONLY have those movies and nothing else. And this is not a team who makes me excited because "OMG ya'll, they're doing Crisis! What a big event!" just no, lord almighty no. I'd have more faith if they were just doing a normal scale non-event movie. Have them go back to small stories and work their way up to an event. But CoIE out of nowhere just has no interest for me. And worse? According to every single bit of speculation ever, this is mostly gonna rely on nostalgia by seeing other versions of DC characters from older cartoons, like the DCAU guys returning, and if I have zero faith in this team handling their own lesser takes on DC heroes, why would I want to see them handle and probably slaughter, both characterization-wise and in the actual plot, my favorite takes on these heroes? That's just not appealing.

So yeah, all these big event announcements that WB expects to make fans gush in excitement, but the execution has been so piss poor for so long that these film announcements are a far, far, far distant second to seeing the Scooby Doo take on these heroes and villains. Because at least Scooby's kinda consistent and good. The trailer looks good. It was leaked months ago and people seemed to enjoy it. More than I can say for the last however many films this team's made.

God just give me a JLA Adventures 2 already. Or anything else DC made by different people, really.
    I believe there's either an Aztec Batman or Aztec Justice League film on the way. Plus there was a Milestone animated film with Static, Icon, and Hardware and a Metal Men animated film in the works. Though those may have been axed.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeroyuy_Batman View Post
    I believe there's either an Aztec Batman or Aztec Justice League film on the way. Plus there was a Milestone animated film with Static, Icon, and Hardware and a Metal Men animated film in the works. Though those may have been axed.
    Thank you, I forgot about the Aztec Batman movie (miniseries? I forget). That's still coming at least, there was some character art from it a couple months back I think.
    Milestone was announced and then nothing was ever heard of it again, and I think that might've been before Zaslav and Gunn. So like Schrödinger's cat it neither exists nor doesn't exist until we observe it.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Apparently Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part 1 will release on January 24, 2024 with a runtime of 1 hour 33 mins: https://www.amazon.fr/Justice-League...dp/B0CLBBD51G/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Apparently Justice League: Crisis on Infinite Earths - Part 1 will release on January 24, 2024 with a runtime of 1 hour 33 mins: https://www.amazon.fr/Justice-League...dp/B0CLBBD51G/
    Starting the year off with Crisis, huh?

Starting the year off with Crisis, huh?
    I guess they'll alternate the releases of their 2 2024 animated projects:

-Crisis part 1 in Jan.
    -Watchmen part 1 in Spring?
    -Crisis part 2
    -Watchmen part 2
    -Crisis part 3