Page 152 of 155 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155 LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 2317

It explains a lot that they apparently wanted to take things slower and do more build up but they were only allowed 10 movies to lead into Crisis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Is that Damian or Tim?
    One of the Robins is Dick, I'm assuming the shorter one is Damian because they're using one of his suits.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Trailer out for part two

So this does confirm that crisis was on the list since 2018. Which means a lot of what happened wasn't on Gunn coming in but we do know they wanted to do dark victory and skipped over Dick. Due to recebes So only had 10 movies. So I wonder what will happen now it's up to Sam and Gunn

So Part 2 will focus on the BatFam, WW, Supergirl/Harbinger and the Monitor.

It does beggar the question why they went in such an opposite art style compared to the DCAU, when this is now a continuation of that continuity?

It certainly took a long time to get this Crisis turkey cooking. 6 years at this point. Sigh. Here's hoping they make the most of Part 2 and 3 and however long the animated Watchmen movie will be.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Trailer out for part two

So this does confirm that crisis was on the list since 2018. Which means a lot of what happene wasn't on Gunn coming in but we do know they wanted to do dark victory and skipped over Dick. Due to recebes So only had 10 movies. So I wonder what will happen now it's up to Sam and Gunn
    Ugh. So that means they hashed this out and probably the Watchmen animated adaptation when Johns’ grand Doomsday Clock plan was happening. I wonder if that was the end game.

I’m more thankful for Gunn’s reboot everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Ugh. So that means they hashed this out and probably the Watchmen animated adaptation when Johns’ grand Doomsday Clock plan was happening. I wonder if that was the end game.

I don't know if Doomsday Clock was on the docket, they really wanted to just do Crisis.

It also sounds like we'll get more characters from other animated works in Part 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

I mentioned a similar happening on the previous page of this thread. That the Doomsday Clock retcon of Dr. Manhattan's hand at the end of COIE (the dawn of the DC Universe); will be the segway into the Watchmen animated movies.

I'm anticipating it at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    I mentioned a similar happening on the previous page of this thread. That the Doomsday Clock retcon of Dr. Manhattan's hand at the end of COIE (the dawn of the DC Universe); will be the segway into the Watchmen animated movies.

I'm anticipating it at this point.
    Their version of "Watchmen" will be the Trinity teaming up with the retired members of the Watchmen to stop Ozymandias. Then the Trinity will go back to their world just as that earth is swallowed up by nuclear war.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The shadow demons are kinda cool but when you have the entirety of the DC Universe and its Elseworlds to play with, you go with generic monsters?? Even Vampire Batman and his world from the Batman & Dracula trilogy would have been more interesting.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Trailer for JL: COIE part 2:

Trailer for JL: COIE part 2:

Hey! They put Captain Atom Charlton Comics design in COIE. Yay!
    He’s fighting Superman. Boo!

Why TPTB keep that non-existent rivalry between Captain Atom and Supes alive, I have no idea.

Dr. Light is as much of a people person as she was in the original comic .
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    The shadow demons are kinda cool but when you have the entirety of the DC Universe and its Elseworlds to play with, you go with generic monsters?? Even Vampire Batman and his world from the Batman & Dracula trilogy would have been more interesting.
    Looks like Psycho-Pirate causes the heroes to fight themselves to help bolster the Shadow Demons.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post
    Far out! We have a new cover and a release date for part 2. I suspect will get part 3 in July some time.

This makes me happy. Great news.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-29-2024 at 01:16 PM.

I’m trying to make an abridged list of the DCAMU movies and the Tomorrowverse movies. With everything ending with COIE part 3 and Watchmen before the Gunnverse starts. I figured a slimmed down watch order of the movies would be worth while. I compiled a list of the relevant films and I was hoping you all could help me with choosing what stays and goes.

To make things easier, I organized like with like. So all the Justice League films are in a line. All the Tomorrowverse films are together. The two Teen Titans films, the two Suicide Squad films, the two Constantine led films etc. If there is anything you think I should miss or add, please let me know.

To start, most of the Batman films can be cut from the list. Mainly Batman vs Robin, Hush and Long Halloween Part 1 and 2. Aside from there being too many Gotham setting films, most are pretty standalone and don’t add anything to the larger DCAMU or Tomorrowverse story.

With the CSA having a sizable part in COIE part 1. I’ve been contemplating put Crisis on Two Earths after JL Warworld. Between the two continuities, Barry has Flashpointed the universe 3x. Easy enough to explain why Earth 3 Luthor is alive in one film, and a head on a wall in another. Also why Johnny Quick and Owlman are both alive again after dying in Crisis on 2 Earths.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 03-13-2024 at 03:27 PM.