Page 39 of 156 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast

5g hasn't happened yet and we're speculating on movies?

Another thing I just thought of...there will probably barely be any 5G content for the filmmakers to adapt from if they're planning to start it this year, unless WB/DC made them really privy to what was going on with the writing and story ideas, and I don't see them wholesale making up new stories with new protagonists who have barely held books.

They've done original films but those usually draw from established runs and stories to some degree.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Such as? I'm personally drawing a blank for what would have been missed. They still could have told Death of Superman, Reign of the Supermen, Teen Titans the Judas Contract, and Batman Hush without the continuity, and had it all be more comic book accurate to boot. JL:War and Son of Batman were...the not good. Batman vs Robin was barely better. Teen Titans suffered from too much Damian. Still could have done Throne of Atlantis probably.

Batman Bad Blood is a guilty pleasure, still not sure it couldn't have been done out of continuity though.
    I think having them be in-continuity gave the execs more of an incentive to do Death again, and those other adaptions, with the idea that they could now build on them for their movie universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    LH has been rumored for a while now. I’ll try to find some links. The Judas Contract sold all right.

Edit: Ok I traced the origin of the rumor to Mario of Revenge of the Fans so now actually I’m not sure about that anymore, it’s probably fake. Mario has repeatedly gotten things wrong, so I’d put him on par with Cosmic Book News. The TT rumor came from an Amazon listing I think but I can’t find anyone reporting it. So now actually I’m not sure of either of those anymore.
    If Mario is the same guy who leaked the cast lists for Red Son, Hush, and Bloodlines, then I'd give him credit where credit's due.

The Titans movie was actually listed on the Turner Classics Movies website along with a Lego Shazam film.

Awesome, hopefully it will have a release date.

Though it does make me wonder that if they did have a trailer for tomorrow, and Red Son is out on digital now why they didn't have a panel for this over the weekend at C2E2
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Trailers here, from the looks on things attacking Apokolips doesn’t go well and John Constantine and Damian Wayne may be Earth’s only hope. I’m also very surprised to see an R rating, not sure what to make of that.

Last edited by sifighter; 03-02-2020 at 10:44 AM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Trailers here, from the looks on things attacking Apokolips doesn’t go well and John Constantine and Damian Wayne may be Earth’s only hope. I’m also very surprised to see an R rating, not sure what to make of that.

Oh hey, Batgirl, Batwoman, Nightwing, and Steel .

You see a scene of Constantine witnessing scenes from Flashpoint, so maybe he goes into Barry's head and gets the idea to change the timeline?

I'm kind of not surprised Darkseid now has an army of Doomsday's fused with Parademons, although they are probably going to be beaten fairly more easily now.

So being stuck in the Moebius Chair is a punishment Darkseid inflicts on Batman here?

Cyborg fans are probably going be ticked if he turns out to be an unwilling double-agent in this film.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

You see a scene of Constantine witnessing scenes from Flashpoint, so maybe he goes into Barry's head and gets the idea to change the timeline?

I'm kind of not surprised Darkseid now has an army of Doomsday's fused with Parademons, although they are probably going to be beaten fairly more easily now.

So being stuck in the Moebius Chair is a punishment Darkseid inflicts on Batman here?

Cyborg fans are probably going be ticked if he turns out to be an unwilling double-agent in this film.
    Which might tie in with Man of Tomorrow being about Superman’s early days. Barry reboots the timeline again and we start over from scratch. Also the trailer gave me lots of Flashpoint vibes with Lois being part of a Resistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

The feature with Red Son had a lot of graphic violence when the JL goes to Apokolips.

Which might tie in with Man of Tomorrow being about Superman’s early days. Barry reboots the timeline again and we start over from scratch. Also the trailer gave me lots of Flashpoint vibes with Lois being part of a Resistance.
    Lois with a machine gun is something .
    The feature with Red Son had a lot of graphic violence when the JL goes to Apokolips.
    It wouldn't be an in-continuity film without it .

I hope it’s just a using Barry to go back before attacking apokolips to avoid the dark future and not rewriting the universe. I’m kind of happy with what we got here personally. But I suppose I’ll have to wait and see for when this comes out.

But I agree I do like that everyone who has appeared in these movies is here, was not expecting Batwoman but that was cool.
    Words to live by.

My guess is that they’ll use Apokolips War the same way the CW used Crisis. They won’t get rid of everything but they’ll use it as an excuse to mess around with continuity to do what they want.

My guess is that they’ll use Apokolips War the same way the CW used Crisis. They won’t get rid of everything but they’ll use it as an excuse to mess around with continuity to do what they want.
    Yeah, that's how I'm taking it. I don't think they'll throw everything out but it gives them a chance to start fresh in some regards.

Yeah, that's how I'm taking it. I don't think they'll throw everything out but it gives them a chance to start fresh in some regards.
    Something like that is what the Flash movie might try to do for the entire DC universe..

This looks interesting. I don't mind the R rating as long as the character like Superman stay true to himself. Love seeing Supes front and center!! Also Lois with a gun like in Man of Steel..

*****SPOILERS FROM THE TRAILER******Things are not looking good for the Green Lantern Corps. I hope that the GL's here at least have enough power left in their rings to still do something in this film rather than just get taken off the board.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    *****SPOILERS FROM THE TRAILER******Things are not looking good for the Green Lantern Corps. I hope that the GL's here at least have enough power left in their rings to still do something in this film rather than just get taken off the board.
    I agree, all the characters need to be shown competent enough and shine..

Given its title, I expected at least some Zatanna in the trailer. My bad.