Page 36 of 152 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686136 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    Where do you guys think JLvFF fits in the DCAU continuity?
    Post Unlimited, pre Batman Beyond Return of the Joker Flashback.

Because new members and Batman doesn't flip out when spoilers:
    Ms Martian shapeshifts into Tim
    end of spoilers no way he would have been cool with that otherwise.
    Current Pull: Amazing Spider-Man and Domino

Bunn for Deadpool's Main Book!

Astonishing Member

JLvsFF made me take more interest on Star Boy.

Did he always had that condition? It was nice that he was still a superhero inspite of it.

Quote Originally Posted by silly View Post
    JLvsFF made me take more interest on Star Boy.

Did he always had that condition? It was nice that he was still a superhero inspite of it.
    I could be wrong but I think that started in Geoff Johns’ 2006 JSA run.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I could be wrong but I think that started in Geoff Johns’ 2006 JSA run.
    I'm starting to feel like we are living in the Geoff Johns vision of the DC universe. Movies, comics, animation have his fingerprints all over.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I'm starting to feel like we are living in the Geoff Johns vision of the DC universe. Movies, comics, animation have his fingerprints all over.
    I think he's involved with spearheading a lot of that stuff, which is why he had to take a step back from the comics for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I agree. It was enjoyable but not great. It was definitely Jessica Cruz’ coming out party as it were. She had a fantastic showing and this will introduce her to a whole new audience. Really loved the scenes showing her dealing with her depression and survivors guilt. They were very well done. Always great to see Mr. Terrific in action. Hopefully this will raise his marketability. Would love to see more of him in other media.
    I agree, I felt like it could have been a bit longer so that the core Justice League had a bit more time to face the Fatal Five a bit more. For Jessica though, this movie is pretty well developed and she makes an engaging lead character. I kind of wish that they had shown Batman and Jessica interacting, he was the one that originally helped her come to terms with the "Power Ring" and it would have been nice if they had some kind of flashback to her becoming a Green Lantern and Batman's influence on her. I did like Batman with Ms Martian as his sidekick, I would actually enjoy seeing that happen again. I also like how they captured the way Jessica's will power often spikes really high when she is under stress, her anxiety and depression were well addressed in the movie and it made her a very compelling character for anyone who struggles with depression. I could definitely see them exploring Jessica more in the DCAU as well as the DCEU too.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he's involved with spearheading a lot of that stuff, which is why he had to take a step back from the comics for a bit.
    Do you think he's trying to fix everything that has been done wrong in the DCU, especially movies and shows?

Do you think he's trying to fix everything that has been done wrong in the DCU, especially movies and shows?
    I mean, I don't think he's looking at it in that way but I think he's trying to keep things as close or true to the comics (and sometimes his own comics) as he can.

Not in the way you’re suggesting. I think Johns simply believes his stuff is the best and so he pushes to see his storylines adapted elsewhere. Given the success of Aquaman and Shazam he might have a point.

You know what stinks right now, some of the DC animated universe movies aren’t on the DC universe streaming service. I’m pretty hyped for the whole Apokolips War storyline that will be coming out this year so I was hoping to watch some more and while the more recent movies are available, flashpoint, son of Batman, the two Justice League movies, and Justice League vs Teen Titans are missing which is a bummer.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    You know what stinks right now, some of the DC animated universe movies aren’t on the DC universe streaming service. I’m pretty hyped for the whole Apokolips War storyline that will be coming out this year so I was hoping to watch some more and while the more recent movies are available, flashpoint, son of Batman, the two Justice League movies, and Justice League vs Teen Titans are missing which is a bummer.
    Huh. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Huh. Wonder why?
    Yeah it’s weird especially since Justice League Dark, Batman Bad blood & Hush, Teen Titans Judas Contract, Suicide Squad Hell to pay, and both the death of Superman and the reign of the supermen movies are available. You’d think that they’d want their animated cinematic universe made available to fans.
    Last edited by sifighter; 02-21-2020 at 02:27 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah it’s weird especially since Justice League Dark, Batman Bad blood & Hush, Teen Titans Judas Contract, Suicide Squad Hell to pay, and both the death of Superman and the reign of the supermen movies are available. You’d think that they’d want their animated cinematic universe made available to fans.
    It's all about licensing deals and streaming rights. DCU service shuffles their films because they also have other deals with other services...for example, I believe Amazon Prime & Hulu each have a few of the ones missing. DCU will sometimes have a film streaming on their service at the same time it's streaming elsewhere, but that happens because the specific contract for that film allows DCU to stream it. Eventually, that part of the deal expires and it's removed.

They make way more money licensing their animated and live action films out to other services than they ever will get from tossing them on DCU. This is why even Disney+ is missing loads and loads of Disney content.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Justice League Dark: Apokolips War voice cast:

-Matt Ryan, Jerry O’Connell, and Taissa Farmiga anchor the cast as Constantine, Superman and Raven and are "the triumvirate determined to assemble the forces necessary to lead humanity’s final attack."

-Jason O’Mara as Batman, Rosario Dawson as Wonder Woman, Shemar Moore as Cyborg and Christopher Gorham as The Flash, Rebecca Romijn as Lois Lane and Rainn Wilson as Lex Luthor, respectively.

-Tony Todd as the film’s the key villain, Darkseid

-Camilla Luddington as Zatanna, Ray Chase as Jason Blood/Etrigan, Roger R. Cross as John Stewart & Swamp Thing, Liam McIntyre as Captain Boomerang, Hynden Walch as Harley Quinn, Stuart Allan as Robin/Damian, Sachie Alessio as Lady Shiva, and John DiMaggio as King Shark.

Oh so I guess Suicide Squad is gonna be in this, I kind of thought this since I saw the promo image with the Teen Titans but I guess this really is gonna be like the animated universes attempt at a Infinity war type story. I’m down for that though, I genuinely like most of these films so that sounds cool.

I do have two things about the cast though, first nice to we are getting John Stewart. I like him and I hope that means that we can look forward to a green lantern corps appearance/maybe future movie. Second, I like the idea of Tony Todd as Darkseid. I have a fondness for him from past horror movies so him as Darkseid seems like a nice fit.
    Words to live by.