Page 113 of 153 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115116117123 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 2281

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    Honestly I just want 1 member from the trinity then a Lantern/Flash. Apart from that I'd be thrilled if the rest of the lineup was more of a revolving door.
    That's kind of how it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He had an animated movie
    He has a show coming but animation is slow
    he has an animation coming up................... for toddlers

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    he has an animation coming up................... for toddlers
    No, it's not for toddlers. I've seen the cartoons they market to toddlers - the art styles are much better there. You wish Aquaman looked half as decent as PJ Masks.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Finally caught up with Superman Man of Tomorrow and JSA WWII. Man of Tomorrow was okay. They did stretch it bit by making Rudy the primary villain to beat. The threat Parasite posed, and growing him to Kaiju levels should've been more expedient threat than the movie worked it way toward.

Justice Society World War II, whoo boy...
    I liked it better than Man of Tomorrow. I liked it when the JSA were fighting Nazis in France and Germany. Then, out of nowhere, the film segues into being a rehash of Throne of Atlantis. A story we've already seen done thrice in the last several years. The comic, the DCAU movie and the Aquman live action. It was all there too. The meeting and betrayal in Atlantis, a battle at the Trench, and the finale on a city's coast. None of which has anything to do with the JSA or the Nazis. To say nothing of maskless the Psycho Pirate who shows up to stir trouble. It's unclear from the movie if Psycho Pirate even has ties to the Nazis, prior his mind controlled Atlantis insurgency. They could've at least made him a follower of "der furher" (seriously, DC made Arthur do the Nazi salute but not Halstead?) and had him be the one torturing Doctor Fate and in charge of recovering artifacts for the German war effort.

Talk about losing it at the third act. It's so bad that I forgot how annoyed I was with the hyper aggressive WW. WW Bloodlines wasn't my favorite film, but I think I'd rather rewatch that now.

Wonder Woman isn't hyper agressive in this. She is stiff, but she plays fair.

Near Long Island. No Circus Pizza, though.

A specific part of Justice League: Doom freaks me out. It's the shot of Wonder Woman as viewed through Cyborg's X-ray vision, with her skeleton with eyes and brain. I understand it's a reference to They Live, but it still creeps me out. I thought it was my endo fetish and how I wanted the shot to be of Cyborg, but even after putting that into my scriptwriter and I's own version of Tower of Babel, I determined that even if it were Cyborg, it'd still be freaky. I still can't look at the shot. Haven't seen it since 2018.
    STAS apologist, New 52 apologist, writer of several DC fan projects.

Incredible Member

Incredible Member

How Matt Reeves' The Batman Affected The Long Halloween's Release

"Well yeah, initially Long Halloween was the start of all this, but after I almost finished Part One, we got shelved. The Matt Reeves movie, they told us, ‘Well he wants to adapt Long Halloween for his screenplay.’ So we’re out, we have to wait or not get released at all until after he’s finished his film and released it. So the original intention was for Batman: The Long Halloween to be the first movie, and then continue on into Man of Tomorrow, and then next it would have been Justice Society: World War II. But this got shelved for a couple of years, so now we’re releasing the final versions now because I wasn’t able to complete them until four months ago. Once we got the go-ahead that we could release our version because Matt Reeves’ version isn’t going to be about Long Halloween."

So basically this confirms that Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1 & 2 are standalone movies. I'm fine with this because I always wanted The Long Halloween to be adapted as a standalone movie.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...dc-butch-lukic

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

"Well yeah, initially Long Halloween was the start of all this, but after I almost finished Part One, we got shelved. The Matt Reeves movie, they told us, ‘Well he wants to adapt Long Halloween for his screenplay.’ So we’re out, we have to wait or not get released at all until after he’s finished his film and released it. So the original intention was for Batman: The Long Halloween to be the first movie, and then continue on into Man of Tomorrow, and then next it would have been Justice Society: World War II. But this got shelved for a couple of years, so now we’re releasing the final versions now because I wasn’t able to complete them until four months ago. Once we got the go-ahead that we could release our version because Matt Reeves’ version isn’t going to be about Long Halloween."

So basically this confirms that Batman: The Long Halloween Part 1 & 2 are standalone movies. I'm fine with this because I always wanted The Long Halloween to be adapted as a standalone movie.

It was always going to be standalone one way or another in my opinion.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm avoiding these clips like the plague. They're releasing so many clips it's like they're showing the whole movie!

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I'm avoiding these clips like the plague. They're releasing so many clips it's like they're showing the whole movie!
    The problem with promotional material .

Quote Originally Posted by Veni View Post

You misread that. The Long Halloween was supposed to be the first 2 movies in the new shared universe (explaining why there’s pics of Batman in MoT), but instead it got delayed because of Reeves. However it is still a part of the shared universe.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    You misread that. The Long Halloween was supposed to be the first 2 movies in the new shared universe (explaining why there’s pics of Batman in MoT), but instead it got delayed because of Reeves. However it is still a part of the shared universe.
    Ackles' Batman and Criss' Superman meeting each other is practically inevitable.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Batman The Long Halloween released on digital yesterday.

I’m waiting for the disc release in two weeks. If you’ve seen it, please leave your thoughts here.