Page 92 of 152 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293949596102142 ... LastLast
Results 1,366 to 1,380 of 2280

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, just what the world needs more of right now, showing how a snarky manipulative douchebag who thinks he's the smartest guy in the room is the real hero of the story.
    Hey, hey! I get it. We all know he's a douche. But Kamandi has his fans too damn it!

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    2. I really don't care about this point if the films these characters appear in aren't that great - but yes, I do disagree with you on this. I think we would have gotten John Constantine in a Batman movie or Jaime Reyes in Teen Titans even without the shared universe. I mean, did we not just get Richard Dragon in a Batman movie shared universe free?
    I don't think we'd see Timm do Titans movies or a Death redo, so on that front I think Tucker worked out for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think we'd see Timm do Titans movies or a Death redo, so on that front I think Tucker worked out for the best.
    True - but that's besides the point - Tucker didn't have to do a shared universe to do those characters in movies.

True - but that's besides the point - Tucker didn't have to do a shared universe to do those characters in movies.
    It did give him the opportunity, though .

It did give him the opportunity, though .
    That's kind of the point I'm arguing - he still would have had the opportunity without the shared universe. He could have done those characters in stand alones.

That's kind of the point I'm arguing - he still would have had the opportunity without the shared universe. He could have done those characters in stand alones.
    Dunno if that’s true. Apparently the powers that be wanted a shared animated universe. And it’s not like before the DCAMU we were getting many non-Batman/Superman movies anyway. Still haven’t gotten a solo Flash movie despite his popularity.

2. I really don't care about this point if the films these characters appear in aren't that great - but yes, I do disagree with you on this. I think we would have gotten John Constantine in a Batman movie or Jaime Reyes in Teen Titans even without the shared universe. I mean, did we not just get Richard Dragon in a Batman movie shared universe free?
    It took them 10 YEARS to decide to do a stand alone Teen Titans movie despite announcing it as one of their first movies at a time when the Teen Titans franchise was at its hottest, and it only happened after three movies establishing Damien Wayne as a character and another movie where the Justice League headlined. No, we were definitely not getting a Teen Titans movie without a shared universe. Just like we're never going to see Connor Kent in any story that's not the Death of Superman. Just like we're not going to see Richard Dragon when he's not playing second fiddle to Batman. I'm sure all of Richard Dragon's fans loved seeing him in his well-known role as Robin, knowing that he'll never be anything else.

I'm just saying, imagine Richard Dragon was a character you cared about and wanted to see featured more. Would you be content with a single movie where he plays second fiddle to Batman and then goes completely back into obscurity forever?

Perhaps more importantly, since you just said that it doesn't effect your enjoyment if these films are in continuity with each other or not, why do you have such an antipathy for the people who do care?

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Dunno if that’s true. Apparently the powers that be wanted a shared animated universe. And it’s not like before the DCAMU we were getting many non-Batman/Superman movies anyway. Still haven’t gotten a solo Flash movie despite his popularity.
    The powers that be wanted a shared animated universe yes. Yes a lot of characters didn't show up until the DCAMU. But there's no reason to apply cause and effect to that. No causation. If the powers that be wanted no shared universe and for these characters to show up, then those characters would appear outside of shared universe films. There's no reason to link the two. Batman Soul of the Dragon shows that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    It took them 10 YEARS to decide to do a stand alone Teen Titans movie despite announcing it as one of their first movies at a time when the Teen Titans franchise was at its hottest, and it only happened after three movies establishing Damien Wayne as a character and another movie where the Justice League headlined. No, we were definitely not getting a Teen Titans movie without a shared universe. Just like we're never going to see Connor Kent in any story that's not the Death of Superman. Just like we're not going to see Richard Dragon when he's not playing second fiddle to Batman. I'm sure all of Richard Dragon's fans loved seeing him in his well-known role as Robin, knowing that he'll never be anything else.

I'm just saying, imagine Richard Dragon was a character you cared about and wanted to see featured more. Would you be content with a single movie where he plays second fiddle to Batman and then goes completely back into obscurity forever?

Perhaps more importantly, since you just said that it doesn't effect your enjoyment if these films are in continuity with each other or not, why do you have such an antipathy for the people who do care?
    They had a shared tv universe before that starting with BTAS - it still took over a decade to get a Teen Titans cartoon and that was outside of the DCAU. So no, we definitely weren't getting a Teen Titans movie before that you are correct - but not for the reason you suggest. It had nothing to do at all with the need for a shared universe at all, and everything to do with the fickle whims of the powers that be.

And I don't have antipathy for the people who care - I merely have antipathy for every superhero thing these days being a part of a cinematic universe - at some point it just becomes too much and I want different and variety from it - and I have antipathy for the mistaken idea that a shared universe is needed to do certain characters or tell certain stories. But I don't have antipathy for fellow fans - there's no reason for it to ever be personal like that, it's just disagreements in what we want to see.

The powers that be wanted a shared animated universe yes. Yes a lot of characters didn't show up until the DCAMU. But there's no reason to apply cause and effect to that. No causation. If the powers that be wanted no shared universe and for these characters to show up, then those characters would appear outside of shared universe films. There's no reason to link the two. Batman Soul of the Dragon shows that.
    I don't know if we can figure cause and effect for certain, but I don't think we should deny the circumstances by which these movies came about and the thinking behind making them.

I don't know if we can figure cause and effect for certain, but I don't think we should deny the circumstances by which these movies came about and the thinking behind making them.
    You can note the circumstances without coming to absolute conclusions about them. But people are using this as causation and saying it proves their point - which is false. It is circumstantial not conclusive.

You can note the circumstances without coming to absolute conclusions about them. But people are using this as causation and saying it proves their point - which is false. It is circumstantial not conclusive.
    I'm not talking in absolutes, just trying to look at things fairly .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Saw the animated preview for JSA. It does look better in motion, but it's confirmed Alan Scott is either absent or does not have a significant role in the movie, likely so Diana could. That sucks so goddamn much.

Is Aquaman going to be the villain? He's treated like a menace throughout.

Yea I don't really care for the shared universe stuff either. I know correlation =/= causation but I strongly preferred the standalone DC animated films over the ones that were part of some interconnected universe.

I'm not talking in absolutes, just trying to look at things fairly .
    Oh I wasn't talking about you - but some people do seem to make the argument as if it is proof, or proof enough.