Page 132 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3282122128129130131132133134135136142 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 2328

Somewhat caught up on this thread. The Blue Beetle suit looks awesome, I'm more amped for The Flash than I thought I'd be, and eagerly anticipating any news for Superman Legacy or The Brave and the Bold.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    Has anyone watched the new LOSH movie?

I posted my thoughts in another thread.

I finally sat down and watched the new LOSH movie. It was pretty okay. I know it’s a low bar, but it was way better than GL Beware My Power, JSA WII and Man of Tomorrow.
    Man of Tomorrow is one of the better DC movies imo, and possibly the best animated Superman movie. And while not great, I thought the JSA WWII movie was ok, good enough sort of mid tier movie. Haven't seen the GL movie yet, I'll check later to see if it's on Max. Only new DC movie I've disliked was Long Halloween, it was such trash. I know most disagree with me on that and liked it or loved it, but to me it was just an utter butchering of the source material. Also got the blu ray for LOSH the other week, so might as well give it a watch. I also got the JL RWBY crossover and Batman Doom that Came to Gotham all unwatched. So GL, LOSH, and JL RWBY, Batman, and first episode of My Adventures with Superman, might make tonight a DC night.

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Somewhat caught up on this thread. The Blue Beetle suit looks awesome, I'm more amped for The Flash than I thought I'd be, and eagerly anticipating any news for Superman Legacy or The Brave and the Bold.

Man of Tomorrow is one of the better DC movies imo, and possibly the best animated Superman movie. And while not great, I thought the JSA WWII movie was ok, good enough sort of mid tier movie. Haven't seen the GL movie yet, I'll check later to see if it's on Max. Only new DC movie I've disliked was Long Halloween, it was such trash. I know most disagree with me on that and liked it or loved it, but to me it was just an utter butchering of the source material. Also got the blu ray for LOSH the other week, so might as well give it a watch. I also got the JL RWBY crossover and Batman Doom that Came to Gotham all unwatched. So GL, LOSH, and JL RWBY, Batman, and first episode of My Adventures with Superman, might make tonight a DC night.
    I forgot all about Long Halloween. Yeah, I disliked that one too. Like with the animated Hush adaptation, they change the details of the book to outsmart the audience. Since the audience has likely already read the comic and knows about the twist ending.

Both Hush and Long Halloween fail for this reason. The writers of the animated movie sought to outsmart the audience by changing the twist ending. Only to be outsmarted by the material. Hush doesn't work with the Riddler twist. Since Riddler has had no stake in the N52 animated verse. And the Long Halloween doesn't work, with Gilda being the Holiday killer for the entirety of the story. Evading Falcone, Maroni, Batman and Gotham PD's pursuit at all relevant murder locations for 12 months. The final slap in the face is Batman just letting her get away with it all at the end and standby while she burns the evidence. Like WTF?

Sigh...
    GL Beware My Power would've been a solid movie if it was just about Hal and the Rann/Thanagar conflict. Like Batman Bad Blood and WW Bloodlines, it is WAY too overstuffed with shit. You'll see what I mean when you watch it. You'll be angry like the rest of us, I wager.

JSA WWII: Was a lot like WW Bloodlines. A trapdoor pilot for a WW show that never materialized. I was into until the movie turned into yet another rehash of Throne of Atlantis. A story that has been adapted 2 times before this point (DCEU Aquaman movie and the N52 animated adaption). There are other Aquaman stories guys. Plus, Psycho Pirate without his mask? Whose idea was that?

**Just checked all the Tommorowverse movies are on MAX. Let it rip and give the ones you haven't seen a watch.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 06-07-2023 at 02:02 PM.

I forgot all about Long Halloween. Yeah, I disliked that one too. Like with the animated Hush adaptation, they change the details of the book to outsmart the audience. Since the audience has likely already read the comic and knows about the twist ending.

Both Hush and Long Halloween fail for this reason. The writers of the animated movie sought to outsmart the audience by changing the twist ending. Only to be outsmarted by the material. Hush doesn't work with the Riddler twist. Since Riddler has had no stake in the N52 animated verse. And the Long Halloween doesn't work, with Gilda being the Holiday killer for the entirety of the story. Evading Falcone, Maroni, Batman and Gotham PD's pursuit at all relevant murder locations for 12 months. The final slap in the face is Batman just letting her get away with it all at the end and standby while she burns the evidence. Like WTF?

Sigh...
    GL Beware My Power would've been a solid movie if it was just about Hal and the Rann/Thanagar conflict. Like Batman Bad Blood and WW Bloodlines, it is WAY too overstuffed with shit. You'll see what I mean when you watch it. You'll be angry like the rest of us, I wager.
    A lot of stuff in Hush didn't work because we really didn't get build up for them like Batman beating up Joker when Joker...had literally done nothing in that universe.

The Riddler stuff I get in practice, especially knowing Riddler's role in the original story, but it took away from Hush in my opinion and just didn't feel as satisfying.

The change they made to the LH just didn't even track with the ending of Part 1 where Batman's beating himself up over thinking Alberto was Holiday and letting the real killer get away...and then still lets the real killer get away when he catches them. Even though her killing Alberto in Part 1 just made it worse.

Sigh...

JSA WWII: Was a lot like WW Bloodlines. A trapdoor pilot for a WW show that never materialized. I was into until the movie turned into yet another rehash of Throne of Atlantis. A story that has been adapted 2 times before this point (DCEU Aquaman movie and the N52 animated adaption). There are other Aquaman stories guys. Plus, Psycho Pirate without his mask? Whose idea was that?

**Just checked all the Tommorowverse movies are on MAX. Let it rip and give the ones you haven't seen a watch.
    Agreed with you on both Hush and TLH. Honestly the Hush one didn't bother me as much since I've never read it, but even then watching it it felt like it was bad. Can only imagine reading the story would make the movie even worse. Although I don't know if anything is worse than the ending of TLH. Some people have complained over the years that it would have been better if he truly solved the mystery, but seeing a version now where he does solve it and lets her go is so, so much worse. I regret buying the dvd/blu, and wasting my time, but I honestly didn't expect it to be that bad.

Will give GL a watch later on Max, then I'll watch Losh (got it on blu). But truthfully I'm more excited for Doom that Came to Gotham and the RWBY crossover. Also I was mistaken about first episode of MAWS, will have to wait for next month.

I think they should've just ended it with Batman finding her and panning to the GCPD all swarming the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think they should've just ended it with Batman finding her and panning to the GCPD all swarming the house.
    Exactly. It wouldn't have fixed or saved the movie for me, I've gone on before about how much of a butchery this was of my favorite story, and even if I could ignore this as an adaptation and pretend it's an original story it still never rises beyond barely serviceable mediocrity at best. But at least with that change it'd only be a butchery of a story and mediocrity as a standalone, not all that and a bit of character assassination to boot. For me the whole movie was bad, but the ending was just terrible. Batman doesn't let the killer go, that's not how it works.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Exactly. It wouldn't have fixed or saved the movie for me, I've gone on before about how much of a butchery this was of my favorite story, and even if I could ignore this as an adaptation and pretend it's an original story it still never rises beyond barely serviceable mediocrity at best. But at least with that change it'd only be a butchery of a story and mediocrity as a standalone, not all that and a bit of character assassination to boot. For me the whole movie was bad, but the ending was just terrible. Batman doesn't let the killer go, that's not how it works.
    That’s an excellent idea and would’ve gone a long way into improving TLH movie.

For Hush, I always felt they should’ve made Jason the man in the bandages. Like was originally planned for the comic. Canonizing Under the Red Hood animated movie to the New 52 verse and giving the finale some pathos and continuity.

Coincidentally and funny enough, TPTB would do a variation of this idea in one of the alternate endings for the re-release of Red Hood, in Death in the Family. It’s also easy enough to give Jason motivation for targeting Bruce in Hush. Revenge for letting him down in the finale of Under The Red Hood and revenge for allowing Talia to die in Bad Blood. Given Jason’s and Talia’s relationship in Winnick’s Red Hood: Lost Days #6 and I believe in New 52 as well.

I just wouldn’t allow Bruce to fail to save Jason, like he did the Riddler.

I think I'm going to start with Justice League: Dark and Superman: Red Son. Then go on to watch DC's "Tomorrowverse" movies. (I'm somewhat new to the DCAU.)

That’s an excellent idea and would’ve gone a long way into improving TLH movie.

For Hush, I always felt they should’ve made Jason the man in the bandages. Like was originally planned for the comic. Canonizing Under the Red Hood animated movie to the New 52 verse and giving the finale some pathos and continuity.

Coincidentally and funny enough, TPTB would do a variation of this idea in one of the alternate endings for the re-release of Red Hood, in Death in the Family. It’s also easy enough to give Jason motivation for targeting Bruce in Hush. Revenge for letting him down in the finale of Under The Red Hood and revenge for allowing Talia to die in Bad Blood. Given Jason’s and Talia’s relationship in Winnick’s Red Hood: Lost Days #6 and I believe in New 52 as well.

I just wouldn’t allow Bruce to fail to save Jason, like he did the Riddler.
    I still feel like it wouldn't have worked because we have no setup with Jason.

I came here to post the news about animated Watchmen and COIE finally being confirmed. While Watchmen will be standalone. I really don’t know what to make of the Tomorrowverse with this COIE news. If it brings in the previous universe and maybe the Timm verse characters. It may have something. If it’s all Tomorrowverse, it’s DOA for me.

https://twitter.com/DCOfficial/statu...67458422120448

Last edited by Doctor Know; 07-22-2023 at 08:59 AM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I dont see them having the budget for a real animated crisis. This is likely their way of paving the way for Gunns new animated rules.

Y’know how the art is the unequivocally only good thing about the original COIE?

Hope y’all enjoy seeing it substituted for the bland stuff they’ve been using on these films.

Do we really need an animated Watchmen? I don't see what they can do that the live-action didn't other than match the designs of the comic exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Y’know how the art is the unequivocally only good thing about the original COIE?

Hope y’all enjoy seeing it substituted for the bland stuff they’ve been using on these films.
    At the very least they can do more with it than TV Crisis. Even in the early days there was no way they could match Perez' art.

Astonishing Member

I came here to post the news about animated Watchmen and COIE finally being confirmed. While Watchmen will be standalone. I really don’t know what to make of the Tomorrowverse with this COIE news. If it brings in the previous universe and maybe the Timm verse characters. It may have something. If it’s all Tomorrowverse, it’s DOA for me.

https://twitter.com/DCOfficial/statu...67458422120448

YES!

Been predicting/hoping for an animated COIE for years now, so glad to see it come to fruition.

I haven't watched the latest Tomorrowverse films set, but in general, the universe has already been shaping up pretty rapidly and isn't quiet the 'early years' DCU that it started out like anymore.

Of course the big question is, what legacy DC characters/universes are we going to get in this COIE adaptation? Will the DCAU Superman and Lois be the 'Earth 2' versions in this adaptation?

Will we get the death of the Tomorrowverse Barry Allen, or a Barry Allen at any rate? What about the newly-introduced Tomorrowverse Supergirl?

And is this going to end in some kind of reboot? Or is this the end of the road for the DCAOM line after 18 years? Has James Gunn mandated that even this needs to be purged in favor of his singular take on the DCU?

I have little faith they'll be able to properly adapt those two stories. I'll be shocked if they prove to me there's any reason to remake Watchmen. Any chance it'll be an original story?

It'll also be interesting to see how they make Batman the hero of "Crisis"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 07-23-2023 at 07:20 AM.