Page 68 of 77 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1148
  1. #1006
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    54,200

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    I would prefer a more comics accurate Richard Dragon, but on the other hand Mark Dacascos and Michael Jai White
    Not to mention Kelly Hu as Shiva .

  2. #1007
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This is badass! Real deal martial arts actors providing voice overs, and Kelly Hu reprising as Shiva! With that, I'll be expecting some awesome fight choreography in this.

  3. #1008
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Awesome, a martial arts Batman movie set in the 70s? Very interesting.

  4. #1009
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,219

    Default

    I also love that this is in some way a tribute to Denny O'Neil. He helped revitalize Batman in the 70s and created Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, and Bronze Tiger. I hope there's a little tribute to him in the special features.

  5. #1010
    Incredible Member signalman112's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Yeah, Batman: Soul of the Dragon looking good. Although Dragon looking like Bruce Lee will take some getting use too but Bruce Lee did appear on the cover
    of RICHARD DRAGON #14.

    RichardDragon14.jpg

  6. #1011
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by signalman112 View Post
    Yeah, Batman: Soul of the Dragon looking good. Although Dragon looking like Bruce Lee will take some getting use too but Bruce Lee did appear on the cover
    of RICHARD DRAGON #14.

    RichardDragon14.jpg
    I kinda like the change of ethnicity. It always felt wrong that the most mythical martial artist in the DCU is a white American. Plus DC (and comics in general) has a huge lack of Asian male superheroes. Most of the time comics and pop culture showcase the "Dragon Lady" trope as their Asian representation.

  7. #1012
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    6,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I also love that this is in some way a tribute to Denny O'Neil. He helped revitalize Batman in the 70s and created Richard Dragon, Lady Shiva, and Bronze Tiger. I hope there's a little tribute to him in the special features.
    If it is a tribute to Denny O'Neil I find it wired that they changed Richard Dragon.

  8. #1013
    Extraordinary Member Robotman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    8,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    If it is a tribute to Denny O'Neil I find it wired that they changed Richard Dragon.
    Knowing how much of a SJW Denny was, I think he'd be cool with it.

  9. #1014
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    366

    Default

    The brief appearance of Two-Face in the Death in the Family trailer...was that the same voice actor who voiced TF in the Batman Animated Series?

  10. #1015

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    The brief appearance of Two-Face in the Death in the Family trailer...was that the same voice actor who voiced TF in the Batman Animated Series?
    No. Richard Moll of Night Court fame voiced Two-Face in TAS whereas Gary Cole is voicing him in ADitF.

  11. #1016
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    366

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    No. Richard Moll of Night Court fame voiced Two-Face in TAS whereas Gary Cole is voicing him in ADitF.
    Wow, that's surprising, they have similar cadences in their voices

  12. #1017

    Default

    https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/

    MOT is the start of a shared universe after all. Do we need a new acronym? DCAU and DCAMU are taken.

  13. #1018
    A Wearied Madness Vakanai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    6,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/

    MOT is the start of a shared universe after all. Do we need a new acronym? DCAU and DCAMU are taken.
    Ah, god damn it.

  14. #1019

    Default

    Just call it "DCAMU II".

  15. #1020
    Astonishing Member Korath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Toulouse, France
    Posts
    3,661

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OpaqueGiraffe17 View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/superman-man-of-...ated-universe/

    MOT is the start of a shared universe after all. Do we need a new acronym? DCAU and DCAMU are taken.
    Gotta love the idea that it's a brand new Superman for a brand new world when the guy is still wearing his undies over his pants. So far it look really retro, far too much for my tastes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •